Engineering Explained "Tesla Tricked You!"

Not surprised! Just like the FSD video posted in 2016. Unfortunately, Musk doesn't have accountability, such is his fanbase power.

Standard Elon misleading marketing. šŸ˜ž

He was saying same stuff about the Plaid not being as fast as reported. How did that work out? I will give him some props for calling out all manufactures continuing to do this common practice in the industry.

Last edited:
He was saying same stuff about the Plaid not being as fast as reported. How did that work out? I will give him some props for calling out all manufactures continuing to do this common practice in the industry.
You mean the rollout thing? Wow.

Like I said Roadster, 2024- 2017=

Yes he says lots of things.

You mean the rollout thing? Wow.

Like I said Roadster, 2024- 2017=

Yes he says lots of things.
The guy who you linked the video ā€œengineering explainedā€ he says a lot of things to be taken with a grain of salt.

The guy who you linked the video ā€œengineering explainedā€ he says a lot of things to be taken with a grain of salt.
You mean like, math?

Amongst others dig a little deeper. Thanks.
That's the point. He did dig deeper. And proved pretty handily that Elon lied about that drag race.

Maybe there are some videos somewhere where his numbers are not spot on. I haven't watched all of this guy's videos. But in the video we're talking about, he easily proved that Tesla tried to pawn off an 1/8 mile "finish" as a quarter mile. That's not even close to in question. And given where the two cars were at the 1/8 mile mark, it's clear the Porsche would finish slightly ahead of the Cybertruck. That has to be true. Otherwise, Tesla would have shown the actual 1/4-mile finish.

Like the guy says in the video, the Cybertruck is amazingly fast, regardless. So why make up a nonsense story about it beating the Porsche while towing a Porsche?

If there's anyone whose credibility is in question in this scenario, it's definitely Elon.

That's the point. He did dig deeper. And proved pretty handily that Elon lied about that drag race.

Maybe there are some videos somewhere where his numbers are not spot on. I haven't watched all of this guy's videos. But in the video we're talking about, he easily proved that Tesla tried to pawn off an 1/8 mile "finish" as a quarter mile. That's not even close to in question. And given where the two cars were at the 1/8 mile mark, it's clear the Porsche would finish slightly ahead of the Cybertruck. That has to be true. Otherwise, Tesla would have shown the actual 1/4-mile finish.

Like the guy says in the video, the Cybertruck is amazingly fast, regardless. So why make up a nonsense story about it beating the Porsche while towing a Porsche?

If there's anyone whose credibility is in question in this scenario, it's definitely Elon.
ā€¦ā€¦ you mean like other manufacturers not being truthful about range ? I think that would include everyone in the EV business. It is what it is like he says in the video. This goes on with pretty much the entire automobile market. They all tell stories about ā€œthe fish they caught wasā€¦ā€¦ this bigā€ especially Elon.
lol
Make for great reading

Last edited:
ā€¦ā€¦ you mean like other manufacturers not being truthful about range ? I think that would include everyone in the EV business. It is what it is like he says in the video. This goes on with pretty much the entire automobile market. They all tell stories about ā€œthe fish they caught wasā€¦ā€¦ this bigā€ especially Elon.
lol
Make for great reading

"They all do it" doesn't take away from the fact that Elon clearly did it in this case. And the video creator clearly proved it.

There's no grain of salt to take. There's no valid reason to call the video creator's credibility into question. There's no adult argument that goes anything but "Elon lied. For no good reason, because his product is actually insanely fast."

He lied because he knew people like you would believe it and then defend him if anyone questioned it.

Just own the fact that he blatantly lied. On stage. With faked video evidence. In a prepared presentation. It's not hard. You can do it. I believe in you.

"They all do it" doesn't take away from the fact that Elon clearly did it in this case. And the video creator clearly proved it.

There's no grain of salt to take. There's no valid reason to call the video creator's credibility into question. There's no adult argument that goes anything but "Elon lied. For no good reason, because his product is actually insanely fast."

He lied because he knew people like you would believe it and then defend him if anyone questioned it.

Just own the fact that he blatantly lied. On stage. With faked video evidence. In a prepared presentation. It's not hard. You can do it. I believe in you.
Lighten up, Francis, just pointing out what goes on in the entire automobile industry. Iā€™ve lived it, so spare me the lecture and donā€™t make things personal. Thatā€™s not cool!

Last edited:
Exotic2,
I understand your point but I think "whataboutism" is always a poor defense for being caught posting falsehoods. Agree that we should be able to discuss things respectfully without personal attacks...

Elon lost credibility a long time ago. I donā€™t trust anything he says anymore. Used to, but not now.

lol
Make for great reading
This is also false and you should really research it a bit more.

Lucid, Tesla, nor any other manufacturer has lied about their range, they said the car tested this range under EPA testing procedures.
Have you bothered to look at what that means?
It means that EPA is the one who needs to make their testing standards more strict so others like yourself aren't misled and think the range all the time regardless of speed, weather, elevation changes, wheels, etc.. Is always 516 miles.
But Tom and Edmunds did do a 70 mph road test on the Dream and hit 500 miles. Pretty damn close if you ask me!

You mean when I posted in the previous post ā€œ take with a grain of saltā€ about the ā€œ ā€œengineering explainedā€ content?

Because itā€™s posted on the Internet
doesnā€™t mean its always correct.
In fact its not. Itā€™s not always math
how about this above content that has been debunked.

This is also false and you should really research it a bit more.

Lucid, Tesla, nor any other manufacturer has lied about their range, they said the car tested this range under EPA testing procedures.
Have you bothered to look at what that means?
It means that EPA is the one who needs to make their testing standards more strict so others like yourself aren't misled and think the range all the time regardless of speed, weather, elevation changes, wheels, etc.. Is always 516 miles.
But Tom and Edmunds did do a 70 mph road test on the Dream and hit 500 miles. Pretty damn close if you ask me!
Iā€™m not misled at all. Many buyers are misled by the fact that thatā€™s what they believe they will get. Iā€™m not really concerned with range. I daily drive 30 miles a day, but I do know that many people are misled by the numbers in ultimate perfect driving circumstances this would be true. Did you follow/ view all the other vids posted as well? They spoke specifically all the tricks automakers spin? I clearly called Elon out on this however itā€™s not just them.

Last edited:
Back