Engineering Explained joining the Lucid Lemon Club

not that i'm criticizing you...but..you said your air had been in and out of the shop for the past 2 years and you are contemplating buyback....yet you bought another lucid?
@Truthlesshunter Yes, Regardless of the issues I've enjoyed driving my Air (albeit at first I criticized it a lot for not being as sporty of a drive as my Model S). The gremlins that required towing and repeated service visits I had to wait a month or two for were bothersome, but I was always made whole with a rental from enterprise. However, it should be branded a lemon for the next person that purchases it after my return because there are still issues that are unaddressed after 4 attempts & 70+ cumulative days in repair. I expect to go through the same issues with a Gravity, but know I'll still enjoy it as a day to day. Any way, I'm just waiting for Lucid at this point (the Gravity I purchased has already been in preparation for delivery for 2 weeks "waiting on a part")
 
Spoke with BBB

"due to a flood of lemon law claims and site change, arbitrator availability is delayed"

so...yeah. Sounds like there's quite a few in line.
Do you have reason to believe that this arbitrator's availability is delayed because of LUCID lemon law cases? Or does the arbitrator handle lemon law cases for multiple/all manufacturers?
 
Do you have reason to believe that this arbitrator's availability is delayed because of LUCID lemon law cases? Or does the arbitrator handle lemon law cases for multiple/all manufacturers?
sorry, thats exactly how they said it, didn't imply one way or the other.
 
The fact that you have to opt out is the problem. Hardly anyone knows. Corporations taking advantage.
Yes. That is how these things work. You should read the terms of what you sign up for. You are certainly not the only one with this issue, and Lucid is certainly not the only company to force you into arbitration. It is something you should look out for with any contract or terms you sign. They must offer a way to opt out, by law, or you can choose not to sign.

There should be laws that we get to decide when buying the vehicle by signing a document. Hiding it deep inside the sales contract is very indicative of how companies are not very transparent and politicians are in their pockets. Waiting for the day corporations are not people and they can’t donate in politics.
The order terms are less than 3 pages long. You should read them, or hire someone who can.

Or, accept that you are subject to whatever terms Lucid decides on, which is almost certainly going to be to their benefit, since they put in the work to write the terms that you didn't read.

That's just literally how contracts work.
 
@Truthlesshunter Yes, Regardless of the issues I've enjoyed driving my Air (albeit at first I criticized it a lot for not being as sporty of a drive as my Model S). The gremlins that required towing and repeated service visits I had to wait a month or two for were bothersome, but I was always made whole with a rental from enterprise. However, it should be branded a lemon for the next person that purchases it after my return because there are still issues that are unaddressed after 4 attempts & 70+ cumulative days in repair. I expect to go through the same issues with a Gravity, but know I'll still enjoy it as a day to day. Any way, I'm just waiting for Lucid at this point (the Gravity I purchased has already been in preparation for delivery for 2 weeks "waiting on a part")
If it’s a 27 they are waiting on EPA approval
 
Yes. That is how these things work. You should read the terms of what you sign up for. You are certainly not the only one with this issue, and Lucid is certainly not the only company to force you into arbitration. It is something you should look out for with any contract or terms you sign. They must offer a way to opt out, by law, or you can choose not to sign.


The order terms are less than 3 pages long. You should read them, or hire someone who can.

Or, accept that you are subject to whatever terms Lucid decides on, which is almost certainly going to be to their benefit, since they put in the work to write the terms that you didn't read.

That's just literally how contracts work.
Arbitration doesn’t really bother me I guess, they’re going to lose regardless. I’m not sure what the alternative would be?
 
Yes. That is how these things work. You should read the terms of what you sign up for. You are certainly not the only one with this issue, and Lucid is certainly not the only company to force you into arbitration. It is something you should look out for with any contract or terms you sign. They must offer a way to opt out, by law, or you can choose not to sign.


The order terms are less than 3 pages long. You should read them, or hire someone who can.

Or, accept that you are subject to whatever terms Lucid decides on, which is almost certainly going to be to their benefit, since they put in the work to write the terms that you didn't read.

That's just literally how contracts work.
I'm not saying we should sign without reading, its how these companies try to screw the customer....not speficially Lucid, ALL COMPANIES....guess thats how US works, corporations have more power....the downside of capitalism.
 
I'm not saying we should sign without reading, its how these companies try to screw the customer....not speficially Lucid, ALL COMPANIES....guess thats how US works, corporations have more power....the downside of capitalism.
Capitalism is only good for those with the most capital.
 
Arbitration doesn’t really bother me I guess, they’re going to lose regardless. I’m not sure what the alternative would be?
The alternative if you opt out is you aren’t beholden to arbitration and you sue them directly. There’s a reason all these companies want to force you into arbitration and it isn’t for your benefit.
 
sorry, thats exactly how they said it, didn't imply one way or the other.
No, but you were quick to come in here, post an update and imply that the lemons were Lucid’s.
 
The alternative if you opt out is you aren’t beholden to arbitration and you sue them directly. There’s a reason all these companies want to force you into arbitration and it isn’t for your benefit.
I’d rather not sue anybody. Fingers crossed.
 
Arbitration doesn’t really bother me I guess, they’re going to lose regardless. I’m not sure what the alternative would be?
Suing.

The reason I always recommend people opt out is because you can still choose arbitration. Nothing is stopping you from doing that. You are just not forced into it.
 
I'm not saying we should sign without reading, its how these companies try to screw the customer....not speficially Lucid, ALL COMPANIES....guess thats how US works, corporations have more power....the downside of capitalism.
I would read a communist contract twice as many times.
 
the downside of capitalism.
Personally, I think the upsides of capitalism far outweigh the downsides. Just my own opinion, YMMV.
 
Personally, I think the upsides of capitalism far outweigh the downsides. Just my own opinion, YMMV.
Depends on how rich and what opportunities you have?

If you invest, are entrepreneurial, come from a rich family, smart…yes.

If you come from a poor family, not smart, just a average intelligence….no
 
Depends on how rich and what opportunities you have?

If you invest, are entrepreneurial, come from a rich family, smart…yes.

If you come from a poor family, not smart, just a average intelligence….no
Aside from the extreme generalization, I'm from Detroit, where there are thousands of small shops started decades ago by immigrant families that are key contributors to the automotive suppliers and OEMs for their expertise and flexibility - small businesses these individuals have created from nothing. I'm not talking about large major suppliers - just a guy and his family who knew how to make small volume parts, fill in for backlogged parts or develop prototype parts. Small machine shops.

Many came from poor families, but are smart enough to understand that if you work hard and supply a quality product or service, you can succeed in America - because of capitalism. Socialism, calling for public ownership or control of production and natural resources, does not provide that kind of opportunity.

Sorry for the rant - 🧦
 
Aside from the extreme generalization, I'm from Detroit, where there are thousands of small shops started decades ago by immigrant families that are key contributors to the automotive suppliers and OEMs for their expertise and flexibility - small businesses these individuals have created from nothing. I'm not talking about large major suppliers - just a guy and his family who knew how to make small volume parts, fill in for backlogged parts or develop prototype parts. Small machine shops.

Many came from poor families, but are smart enough to understand that if you work hard and supply a quality product or service, you can succeed in America - because of capitalism. Socialism, calling for public ownership or control of production and natural resources, does not provide that kind of opportunity.

Sorry for the rant - 🧦
Fair point, but those days of a fairer more level opportunity playing field are long gone.
 
Aside from the extreme generalization, I'm from Detroit, where there are thousands of small shops started decades ago by immigrant families that are key contributors to the automotive suppliers and OEMs for their expertise and flexibility - small businesses these individuals have created from nothing. I'm not talking about large major suppliers - just a guy and his family who knew how to make small volume parts, fill in for backlogged parts or develop prototype parts. Small machine shops.

Many came from poor families, but are smart enough to understand that if you work hard and supply a quality product or service, you can succeed in America - because of capitalism. Socialism, calling for public ownership or control of production and natural resources, does not provide that kind of opportunity.

Sorry for the rant - 🧦
What we have now is more of a warped version of state sponsored capitalism once you get to a certain level though. Nobody is going to start a hardware store and succeed today, for example.
 
Fair point, but those days of a fairer more level opportunity playing field are long gone.
Now we have billionaires deciding Gov policy. The regular person being left behind. When people go bankrupt for healthcare, it’s a failure of Capitalism for society as a whole. We’ve gone too far. I’m all for reeling in these billionaires who complain about taxes. They got rich off the backs of US Gov and American employees/tax payers.
 
Now we have billionaires deciding Gov policy. The regular person being left behind. When people go bankrupt for healthcare, it’s a failure of Capitalism for society as a whole. We’ve gone too far.
There's a reason why the US's most important trip to China was mostly tech CEO's and the President. He represents them.

we have really 🧦'ed up this thread, but I'll allow it.
 
Back
Top