Emergency response video for Lucid from Energy Security Agency

interesting video for first and second responders. I haven't gone thru the whole thing :).
Omg this video is cool. Thank you!

One item of note I learned in reviewing a bit of this video was the "manual" operation of the door latches. Apparently, it is a two step process, pull the latch back once to engage the manual process and pull it back a second time to open the door. This would explain those times when some have tried to open the door in this manner and had it not work.

Great video.

This video shows the challenge posed to the first responders with so many different EVs on the road. That is a lot of training. This video is 1hr for 1 model of 1 car. How many videos do they have to watch?

Only 1 because Lucid will take over the world 🤣

This video shows the challenge posed to the first responders with so many different EVs on the road. That is a lot of training. This video is 1hr for 1 model of 1 car. How many videos do they have to watch?
I agree, it seems like a lot to ask of first responders. Hopefully there will be more standardization over time.

I have to think there's a lot to learn with various ICE cars, too, though.

Wow, that’s a lot to unpack! I can imagine standing there as firemen respond and yelling ”Noooo, don’t do that!!”

Every EV maker needs an emergency hot line for 1st responders or text fire to E11 and get instant call back.

I just hope I can be in that kind of shape when I'm his age. Thankfully he looks older.

This video is enormously informative and eye-opening. Gives you a whole new respect for what first and second responders do for a living.

Also, props to Lucid for designing so many safety features in the car I didn't even know about. I'm sure lots of this stuff is regulated, but it's mind-boggling how many things need to come together to make these cars as safe as they are.

(Also, we need new battery tech that can't catch fire or explode.)

It was tough to watch that Lucid being chopped up, but necessary for training in extraction techniques. At least it was an early pre-production unit! I also learned that foam isn't the method for fire extinguishing, that it is preferred to let it burn (if safe to do so) or flood with water (copious amounts) at the vent points. EVs are a brave new world for first responders. I'm glad that they are well trained!!!

Every EV maker needs an emergency hot line for 1st responders or text fire to E11 and get instant call back.
If you watch to the end of the video, the ESA themselves provide that exact hotline. They are available 24/7, and they offer instant information on any EV a responder might encounter.

This was wild- who knew that first responders had to deal with so much STUFF (high kinetic loading of the B pillars??? battery cylinders can become projectiles???? cut the wrong wire and you get zapped???) With the growth of EVs on the road, we've got a new paradigm for all these folks- in the old days, you'd watch a car burn up until there was nothing else to burn, but now... 14 days in isolation to ensure that 'thermal runaway' can't occur???

Back