Electrify Canada

Thehack

Verified Owner
Cars
Volvo XC 90 T8
Ok. Not that I was really planning on using the Electrify Canada Network for charging (just because it is dismal, and the stations in my opinion are not really in opportune locations). Most of them appear to be at Canadian Tire.

On to a bit of a gripe. My understanding is that American Customers get 3 years free charging at Electrify America. In Canada, we only get 2 years (Again, will confirm upon delivery with the app). Also... it is NOT cross compatible. This unfortunately means that I do NOT get free charging in the US at Electrify America. In all honesty, I would rather swap the two. I would find it more beneficial to charge in the US than this abysmal infrastructure in Canada.

I think I can count 29 chargers in Canada. All of which are on Highway 1 between Vancouver and Calgary, and out east between Toronto and Montreal. Their Planned "Boost" looks a little helpful, but this whole thing is just so disappointing compared to what the US gets. For kicks, I was planning a trip to Vancouver and checking out the addresses of the stations... Some are really in remote locations (like the location in Revelstoke and Golden. I think I would rather use the PetroCan plugins).

I realize that the US has a much higher population than Canada, but the network is so extensive (looks like you can travel across the entire US on their network).

Until the battery technology advances you will not see EV’s become popular in colder climates due to the poor performance of the batteries. I realize they are super popular in Scandinavian countries but let’s get real. The distances there are nothing compared to the size of Canada.

Back