Electrify America

Old timer story: So in 2009 us Tesla Roadster peeps were on our forum (nobody else because people could not even pronounce Tesla then let alone know what it was) and we were all postulating what happened when it got to 0 miles left SOC... so I went for it and didn't plug in my car at night for a few days and then when it got close, just drove around the block over and over again until I ran out of juice! I was the hero... or the goat for the discovery!
You blinded them with science! But then what happened when the car ran out of juice? Did you need a tow?

Just pulled into anEA location to top off. First 350kw just said” preparing to change “ for a few minutes then “charged stopped”. Tried again, same response. Tried the other cable, same deal. I then switched to the second 350kw kiosk . Same response. As a last resort tried the 150kw and it worked. It scares me to depend on EA for a long trip although going to the Hamptons a number of EA chargers show up out on Long Island but it turns out they are some kind of joint venture between electrify NY and EA and not all the kiosks will recognize for EA

Just pulled into anEA location to top off. First 350kw just said” preparing to change “ for a few minutes then “charged stopped”. Tried again, same response. Tried the other cable, same deal. I then switched to the second 350kw kiosk . Same response. As a last resort tried the 150kw and it worked. It scares me to depend on EA for a long trip although going to the Hamptons a number of EA chargers show up out on Long Island but it turns out they are some kind of joint venture between electrify NY and EA and not all the kiosks will recognize for EA
Did you try lifting the connector's back end while the charger was "preparing"? EA's connectors do not always mate well at the top pins. Lifting the back-rear mates the top pins, which are only needed during initialization.

I would love to know how much Lucid and others have given EA for these free charging plans. It’s surely not free and EA just continues to get rewarded for poor behavior.

You blinded them with science! But then what happened when the car ran out of juice? Did you need a tow?
I forgot to plan for the "what happens when you run out of juice" and was 1 mile from my home so called AAA to flat bed it. Then, while waiting, turned the key (yup, old fashion key) and a pop up message said, "you have 1 more mile of range!" Made it home!

Old timer story: So in 2009 us Tesla Roadster peeps were on our forum (nobody else because people could not even pronounce Tesla then let alone know what it was) and we were all postulating what happened when it got to 0 miles left SOC... so I went for it and didn't plug in my car at night for a few days and then when it got close, just drove around the block over and over again until I ran out of juice! I was the hero... or the goat for the discovery!
WOW hahaha do you remember how long you could go for after the range read 0 miles or the SOC read 0%?

Nice story. But the real takeaway...to me...is DO YOU STILL HAVE THE ROADSTER?

WOW hahaha do you remember how long you could go for after the range read 0 miles or the SOC read 0%?
2009 software not as sophisticated as now. But I do remember it told me I had 5 miles left and then I had 1 mile left. I don’t believe either of those predictions were accurate but they were under estimating the mileage which is a good thing!

Do you have a white GT by any chance? I saw one on the LIE a few weekends back… the only Lucid I’ve seen in the wild so far

2009 software not as sophisticated as now. But I do remember it told me I had 5 miles left and then I had 1 mile left. I don’t believe either of those predictions were accurate but they were under estimating the mileage which is a good thing!
Was this the charger you used back then?

Attachments

• 3397CDC3-4AD9-4414-83D2-414B16B0F8E1.jpeg
    3397CDC3-4AD9-4414-83D2-414B16B0F8E1.jpeg
    65.7 KB · Views: 108
I was curious about that. So are you saying the EvolveNY branded EA stations don’t honor the Lucid free charging agreement?

EA could do themselves a huge favor by allowing a reset charger option on the screen. Given resetting resolves 80% of the issues they could reduce a lot of calls and customer time wasted by adding this option directly at the charger.
what if they made one of those dial options when you call in, "press 9 to reset charger," then you proceed to input the charger number/ID or whatever, so for experienced EA users, you can default to that option first before speaking with a CSR

So I can confirm that the EVolveNY branded EA stations DO honor the Lucid free charging agreement. I tried the EVolveNY station in Hancock, NY last night and it worked flawlessly. View attachment 8916
Nice charging stations. Long cable. With the EA’s I have been using you have to drive your Lucid over the plastic stop and align it to the far right in order to get the stiff short plug cable to fit and thats after a strenuous wrestling match with it.

I've been trying out different EA stations near me even when I don't really need a charge just to see if they work and at what power they will charge my Lucid. Went to a 150kw station yesterday and without preconditioning and in 40 degree weather, got 98kw maximum with an SOC of 43%. Today (time permitting), I'm going to try the 350kw charger, but after running errands I doubt that I'll be any less than 60% SOC after charging to 80% overnight at home. It's not weird to experiment with EA chargers, right? I just feel bad taking up a charging station when I don't really need it just to check compatibility and ease of use. The one positive is that this place with the 350kw charger does have a total of 10 EA stations.

There is a 10 station EA site near where I work. 9 stalls are 350kw and 1 is 150kw. My non-controlled experiment experience at this location results in a range of 60 - 19 kw average on the 350kw stalls. I have stopped charging a few mins into the session and moved the car to other 350kw stalls with the same rate. Surprisingly, and generally without fail, when I move a third time to the 150kw stall I will pull 95 - 124 consistently. There is an older 150kw EA station near where I live and similarly there I pull 90+. SOC is generally 55-65%. I don’t normally pre-condition.

I've been trying out different EA stations near me even when I don't really need a charge just to see if they work and at what power they will charge my Lucid. Went to a 150kw station yesterday and without preconditioning and in 40 degree weather, got 98kw maximum with an SOC of 43%. Today (time permitting), I'm going to try the 350kw charger, but after running errands I doubt that I'll be any less than 60% SOC after charging to 80% overnight at home. It's not weird to experiment with EA chargers, right? I just feel bad taking up a charging station when I don't really need it just to check compatibility and ease of use. The one positive is that this place with the 350kw charger does have a total of 10 EA stations.
I don’t think it’s bad if other equivalent kW stations are open. I’m unsure of the value in collecting data on any EA station though. They each seem to have a mind of their own and will charge at whatever speed they want to. You won’t see anywhere near 350 kW at 60% SoC though.

Don't feel bad, of course you have to test it. I do the same thing. Having few preferable stations between NJ and PA. Mind you, 95% of a time I change it at home, having a huge array of solar panels, but i just l like to have options.

Back