My own experience is that when you purchased the vehicle, you have to have a credit card on file. Whenever i charged on EA, I would get a "pre-charge" of $75 or $50 on my card. This disappeared within a day or so. If EA is showing $0 on the charger, Lucid is probably picking up the tab. Check your Lucid account and the credit card linked to it, then check your credit card for current charges. That should answer all your questions. I can't speak to leases, but wouldn't assume anything different.Bringing up this old thread. I’m leasing a 2025 Air Touring. I realized I still have some unused credit in my EA account so I took my AT to an EA station for a charge for the very first time.
I’m not familiar with EA charges at all so I followed the chargers direction on its screen which asked me to plug in first. I plugged it in and it didn’t recognize the car and couldn’t charge. I also received a push notification from the Lucid app saying Lucid charging service disabled. Pay at the charging station. I unplugged it and initiated a charge in the EA app. I plugged it in again while the app is still initiating the charge. Then it started charging. However, nothing is showing in the EA app. No active session. No nothing. I was able to charge from 20% to 80%.
I unplugged when the charger stopped automatically at 80% but I didn’t get a receipt assuming it will show on my EA app. The charger’s screen was showing $0.00. It’s been a few hours now and nothing is showing in my EA app nor my Lucid app. No history on neither. I never added a credit card into my Lucid wallet. My EA balance remains the same.
Who paid for my charge???![]()
I'm pretty sure no 2026 (or even 2025) cars came with any kind of free charging. My Feb 2025 certainly didn't.The UnoffIcial Lucid API site generated the following for my car: I have not tried to charging at EA or Tesla
"userVehicleData": [
"vehicleId": "[removed]",
"accessLevel": "PRIMARY_OWNER",
"vehicleConfig": {
"vin": "[removed]",
"model": "AIR",
"modelVariant": "TOURING",
"releaseDate": null,
"nickname": "Lucid AIR",
"paintColor": "STELLAR_WHITE",
"emaId": "[removed]",
"wheels": "RANGE",
"easubscription": {
"name": "EA",
"expirationDate": "1872443655", May 2, 2029
"startDate": "1777749255", May 2, 2026 (date car was delivered to me)
"status": "CURRENT"
I THINK this means that I have an ea subscription for 3 years
"chargingAccounts": [
I THINK this section represents the Vendors in the Lucid Charging Service program and has the info that is communicated with the chargers.
"emaid": "[removed]",
"vehicleId": "[removed]",
"status": "DISABLED", Notice the Status above for ea is CURRENT and here DISABLED for use charging program
"createdAtEpochSec": "1777680000", May 1, 2026 (purchase date)
"expiryOnEpochSec": "1809216000", May 1, 2027
"vendorName": "ELECTRIFY_AMERICA",
"validPaymentMethod": true,
"planId": "190"
"emaid": "[removed]",
"vehicleId": "[removed]",
"status": "ENROLLED",
"createdAtEpochSec": "1777765100", May 2, 2026
"expiryOnEpochSec": "4933438700", May 2, 2126 (100 years)
"vendorName": "TESLA",
"validPaymentMethod": true,
"planId": "1260"
These are all guesses on my part as a brand new owner.
I think 2023 models have free charging based on date they were put in service. I bought a 2023 Grand Touring in January 2026. It was put in service with the original owner in February 2023. Free EA charging lasted until February 2026. Not sure if all Air trims received three years or if Touring and Pure received less than the three years that Grand Touring got. I'm sure someone here can answer that.Are 2023 models still charging for free at EA chargers?
I was just offering a plausible explanation for a 2023. I'll be as surprised as you if it is true. I won't be able to test it on my car until I return home on June 21.I'm pretty sure no 2026 (or even 2025) cars came with any kind of free charging. My Feb 2025 certainly didn't.
There’s no credit card or other payment methods saved in my Lucid account. No pending charges on my credit card. No transaction made in my EA account.My own experience is that when you purchased the vehicle, you have to have a credit card on file. Whenever i charged on EA, I would get a "pre-charge" of $75 or $50 on my card. This disappeared within a day or so. If EA is showing $0 on the charger, Lucid is probably picking up the tab. Check your Lucid account and the credit card linked to it, then check your credit card for current charges. That should answer all your questions. I can't speak to leases, but wouldn't assume anything different.
Ignore the fact that it says 'CURRENT'. My Air's free charging expired 1-19-2025 (as it shows in the expiration epoch), but still also says 'CURRENT'. The Gravity has an expiration date of 3 years after we got it, and definitely doesn't have free charging, but still says 'CURRENT'.The UnoffIcial Lucid API site generated the following for my car: I have not tried to charging at EA or Tesla
"userVehicleData": [
"vehicleId": "[removed]",
"accessLevel": "PRIMARY_OWNER",
"vehicleConfig": {
"vin": "[removed]",
"model": "AIR",
"modelVariant": "TOURING",
"releaseDate": null,
"nickname": "Lucid AIR",
"paintColor": "STELLAR_WHITE",
"emaId": "[removed]",
"wheels": "RANGE",
"easubscription": {
"name": "EA",
"expirationDate": "1872443655", May 2, 2029
"startDate": "1777749255", May 2, 2026 (date car was delivered to me)
"status": "CURRENT"
I THINK this means that I have an ea subscription for 3 years
"chargingAccounts": [
I THINK this section represents the Vendors in the Lucid Charging Service program and has the info that is communicated with the chargers.
"emaid": "[removed]",
"vehicleId": "[removed]",
"status": "DISABLED", Notice the Status above for ea is CURRENT and here DISABLED for use charging program
"createdAtEpochSec": "1777680000", May 1, 2026 (purchase date)
"expiryOnEpochSec": "1809216000", May 1, 2027
"vendorName": "ELECTRIFY_AMERICA",
"validPaymentMethod": true,
"planId": "190"
"emaid": "[removed]",
"vehicleId": "[removed]",
"status": "ENROLLED",
"createdAtEpochSec": "1777765100", May 2, 2026
"expiryOnEpochSec": "4933438700", May 2, 2126 (100 years)
"vendorName": "TESLA",
"validPaymentMethod": true,
"planId": "1260"
These are all guesses on my part as a brand new owner.
"chargingAccounts": [
{
"emaid": "[removed]",
"vehicleId": "[removed]",
"status": "ENROLLED",
"createdAtEpochSec": "1738796508",
"expiryOnEpochSec": "4894470108",
"vendorName": "ELECTRIFY_AMERICA",
"validPaymentMethod": true,
"planId": "253"
},
{
"emaid": "[removed]",
"vehicleId": "[removed]",
"status": "ENROLLED",
"createdAtEpochSec": "1753811826",
"expiryOnEpochSec": "4909485426",
"vendorName": "TESLA",
"validPaymentMethod": true,
"planId": "1260"
}
]