Electric Nissan GTR to use solid state batteries that don't exist

The story does say ‘not anytime soon’, possibly 2028. You need to follow the link in the story for Nissan’s overall plan for solid state batteries. There it states the proposed introduction of these vehicles in 2029-2030. We shall see.

The story does say ‘not anytime soon’, possibly 2028. You need to follow the link in the story for Nissan’s overall plan for solid state batteries. There it states the proposed introduction of these vehicles in 2029-2030. We shall see.
Solid state batteries are at least an 5 years away from mass production. Perhaps even a decade.

Solid state batteries are at least an 5 years away from mass production. Perhaps even a decade.
...Exactly his point? The R36 is coming out around 2030, which matches up with solid-state batteries and their timelines. Given Nisaan's history of breaking many boundaries with the GT-R (a good launch control system, etc) and having fantastic price-performance, I wouldn't be shocked at all if they actually did implement these new batteries.

In terms of Toyota's language, SS batteries has been around for them since past decade :)
I will believe it when I see it which is few years still away :)

Back