• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

ECHO on car play

iqbal62

Cars
Lucid,Tesla,MachE
Received my Lucid couple of weeks ago. Echo on carplay on the other side of the phone is reported as terrible. Any one knows the fix?

Received my Lucid couple of weeks ago. Echo on carplay on the other side of the phone is reported as terrible. Any one knows the fix?
Many are experiencing this. We are hopeful for a software update.

Many are experiencing this. We are hopeful for a software update.
Would the software fix be coming from Lucid or Apple? Does 'hopeful' mean it is in fact being worked on by Lucid?

Would the software fix be coming from Lucid or Apple? Does 'hopeful' mean it is in fact being worked on by Lucid?
It is a Lucid issue or item on their ToDo list. In all other cars my iPhone works just fine and calling hands free is good quality. Hopeful means it is on the list for a while. And we all expected hands free calling or bluetooth to be standard libraries available in the software market to anyone. But carmakers.......invent their own wheels, don't they? 😜

It is a Lucid issue or item on their ToDo list. In all other cars my iPhone works just fine and calling hands free is good quality. Hopeful means it is on the list for a while. And we all expected hands free calling or bluetooth to be standard libraries available in the software market to anyone. But carmakers.......invent their own wheels, don't they? 😜
There are about ten thousand different factors at play when it comes to automotive acoustics and interacting with another company's software. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out an update from Apple could be part of the fix here. Stranger things have been known to happen.

But likely it's something Lucid needs to do most of the work on. Feels like there's something going on with their microphone placement and noise cancelation here.

I will say that lots of folks seem to be reporting random issues with iOS 17 and CarPlay, in all brands of cars. So I wouldn't exonerate Apple completely so quickly.

Back