Easter Eggs in Software

Like the Easter Bunny, some functions don't exist!

Easter Eggs? If Lucid is spending their time inserting Easter Eggs into their software instead of fixing all of the issues with their software, that is another of Lucid's problems.

Easter Eggs? If Lucid is spending their time inserting Easter Eggs into their software instead of fixing all of the issues with their software, that is another of Lucid's problems.
I hope that there are Easter Eggs there. Happy, smart programmers use them. I love my zenith red GT. It has not had any problems since I picked it up at the Scottsdale delivery center. Now 6,000 miles in. Almost every other car — Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Cadillac that I have owned over the years has needed a trip back to the dealer for something to fix in the first 6,000 miles. But not my Lucid Air! Imagine that. The first model produced by a new car company in their very first year of production. To me, that’s incredibly impressive.

Do I wish the software had fewer issues. Sure. Do I want Apple CarPlay? Absolutely. But the Lucid Air in my experience has been incredibly reliable.

Recently I broke Mike's number 1 rule. First time a car leaves me stranded it goes on sale the same day. Our DE went into turtle mode while in the garage. Long reset (second cup of coffee and a bagel) fixed the problem. Have not happened since. I don't believe having a second cup of coffee and a bagel qualifies as Stranded so the DE stays (love the DE). Having said that, given my age and South FL location, if it happens on a hot Summer day the DE is a goner.

Recently I broke Mike's number 1 rule. First time a car leaves me stranded it goes on sale the same day. Our DE went into turtle mode while in the garage. Long reset (second cup of coffee and a bagel) fixed the problem. Have not happened since. I don't believe having a second cup of coffee and a bagel qualifies as Stranded so the DE stays (love the DE). Having said that, given my age and South FL location, if it happens on a hot Summer day the DE is a goner.
Between your Rivian and Lucid who is having more issues right now?

Between your Rivian and Lucid who is having more issues right now?
The Rivian has had zero issues in 2175 miles. The bed cover makes some strange noises, both while opening and/or closing, but keeps working. Does have a front end vibration at speeds over 80MPH but although annoying, It is not bad enough to bother. I do have the spare tire and plan to rotate it to the front but waiting for cooler weather as the spare is heavy and located in a hard to reach and lift area.

Unlikely. I had turtle mode happen exactly once, and it was immediately after the car was delivered from service. A reset fixed it and it has never happened again, 6k miles later (almost 8k total).

Just curious, had you recently washed it?

Back