Early production 2025 Air Pures without DDPremium standard -- and some with no heat pumps?

jedwin

Reaction score
Cars
Lucid Air Pure
In prepping for my 2nd visit to my regional Studio, I called the national Lucid sales line to run through a few preliminary questions. While browsing and mocking up some 2025 Air Pure packages and lease duration options, I'd noticed that sometimes (fairly often) the "Available Cars" showing up had simply DreamDrive listed as among its features, rather than DreamDrive Premium, which is now standard on new '25 car orders. When I asked about this -- with the stated assumption that the description must just be wrong -- the sales associate on the phone confirmed that early production 2025s don't necessarily have the DDPremium cameras and functions. (though the price remains the same as the '25s that do have it--you have to notice on the itemized features list)

She added that some of these early production 25s also do not have the heat pump, also supposedly standard on the 2025. This isn't among the items that shows up on the basic online list of features, so there's no easy way to tell (assuming this is true). I have to imagine that the heat pump can be confirmed if one is ordering an "available car" online, or one that qualifies for the "on site" discount--but it may be worth triple-checking about this if ordering a '25 and expecting it to have the heat pump.

As we talked about this, she commented that they recommend folks order a custom build if they want to be sure, since all cars now in production have both features standard.

This seems quite odd, if true. And she sounded like she was quite sure of what she was saying. I guess it's good to know they continue to make improvements during the model-year production run; I'd assumed since they stick to annual model years, that all design was locked in for any given year. But I hope the heat pump part is a mistake, and that folks ordering cars already made don't overlook if their car has the old basic DreamDrive....

I noticed this as well for inventory cars. Unclear when heat pumps showed up, as there are some late 2024 with them according to sales reps.

Back