EA Megathread

Latest EA experiments testing things out for Thanksgiving trip:
- EA 2nd gen ABB units don’t work on the car by my house, and by don’t work, I mean that there’s a charging error after authentication. Plug and charge works fine, but it quits 2 seconds in just like @Bill55 noter. EA in person tech says the unit is throwing “vehicle protocol error” in all of these situations and supposedly Lucid/EA are working on a fix with Lucid working on an OTA for it (per Lucid tech support)

-Signet 150kw units seem more likely to throw authentication errors but I have yet to see a charging error on one. First attempt on one said use the app to authenticate, but the app gave me no option to do so, so I paid at the card reader and it worked. I then stopped charging and plugged into the station next to it, and plug and charge worked flawlessly, albeit at bit slow as I’d preconditioned the battery and was at 47%, max rate I got was 123kw and then it tapered to 90kw pretty quickly. It is 37 degrees out so I suspect that has something to do with it.

Does anyone know if EA app or PlugShare or ABRP lists what type of EA charger it is? I want to try and avoid the ABB ones on the next road trip because I won’t have much time to dick around if I get to a bad site.

- EA 2nd gen ABB units don’t work on the car by my house, and by don’t work, I mean that there’s a charging error after authentication. Plug and charge works fine, but it quits 2 seconds in just like @Bill55 noter. EA in person tech says the unit is throwing “vehicle protocol error” in all of these situations and supposedly Lucid/EA are working on a fix with Lucid working on an OTA for it (per Lucid tech support)

-Signet 150kw units seem more likely to throw authentication errors but I have yet to see a charging error on one. First attempt on one said use the app to authenticate, but the app gave me no option to do so, so I paid at the card reader and it worked. I then stopped charging and plugged into the station next to it, and plug and charge worked flawlessly, albeit at bit slow as I’d preconditioned the battery and was at 47%, max rate I got was 123kw and then it tapered to 90kw pretty quickly. It is 37 degrees out so I suspect that has something to do with it.

Does anyone know if EA app or PlugShare or ABRP lists what type of EA charger it is? I want to try and avoid the ABB ones on the next road trip because I won’t have much time to dick around if I get to a bad site.

RDT_20221022_0700431018426270343708930.jpg

I used an ABB 150kW unit in Anthem on Friday, no issues with authentication or charge initiation. The first time it stopped with an error after 1 minute, the second time it stopped after 8 min, the third time it worked until I stopped it at 70%. Frustrating, but not a show stopper. The Lucid next to me charged from 30% to 100% with no issues, 350kW ABB.

...Does anyone know if EA app or PlugShare or ABRP lists what type of EA charger it is? I want to try and avoid the ABB ones on the next road trip because I won’t have much time to dick around if I get to a bad site.
18 months ago, Volvo and Polestar cars had a significant compatibility problem with Signet. Drivers would call EA customer service while desk-planning a trip to determine charger type.

The chargers that completely failed me at South Lake Tahoe were ABB according to @hydbob 's decoder photo.
@bunnylebowski you can go on Plugshare to see photos of chargers at your locations.

I’m on 2.0.15 and have been having good success on this 1200 mile road trip with EA until today. At an EA site in Georgia on 75 got either start errors or charge errors on all 4 chargers there. Not wanting to spend an hour with someone from EA going through their script, I found a Hilton Garden in with a J1772 18 miles away. Pulled in, it was empty and worked so I checked in for tonight. 2.0.18 is ready, but may not install till I get home. 2.0.15 I have been having Bluetooth, Nav, and cruise issues. Cruise will not hold a speed smoothly, acts like someone has an unsteady foot on the accelerator. Also, when I turned it off it was a couple seconds before the accelerator would respond. The car slows a lot with a couple seconds of regen.

Attachments

• 08341AE9-1BE6-4655-A90D-78BE7E288993.jpeg
    08341AE9-1BE6-4655-A90D-78BE7E288993.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
  • A516342D-9070-4C2C-9E8A-2E89B9BCDC3D.jpeg
    A516342D-9070-4C2C-9E8A-2E89B9BCDC3D.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 82
I’m also on 2.0.15 and I was able to use the EA charger for the first time today (32 days of ownership — 4th separate day attempting to charge with EA). My last trip to the EA charger resulted in 2 hours of frustration, me braking key fob in anger, and finally, Lucid paying for my Lyft ride home. So being able to charge seamlessly and drive home in my Lucid put a huge smile on my face. Progress.

I’m also on 2.0.15 and I was able to use the EA charger for the first time today (32 days of ownership — 4th separate day attempting to charge with EA). My last trip to the EA charger resulted in 2 hours of frustration, me braking key fob in anger, and finally, Lucid paying for my Lyft ride home. So being able to charge seamlessly and drive home in my Lucid put a huge smile on my face. Progress.
When things that are supposed to be easy are hard, it is very frustrating. The uncertainty on the road, sucks.

I’m on 2.0.15 and have been having good success on this 1200 mile road trip with EA until today. At an EA site in Georgia on 75 got either start errors or charge errors on all 4 chargers there. Not wanting to spend an hour with someone from EA going through their script, I found a Hilton Garden in with a J1772 18 miles away. Pulled in, it was empty and worked so I checked in for tonight. 2.0.18 is ready, but may not install till I get home. 2.0.15 I have been having Bluetooth, Nav, and cruise issues. Cruise will not hold a speed smoothly, acts like someone has an unsteady foot on the accelerator. Also, when I turned it off it was a couple seconds before the accelerator would respond. The car slows a lot with a couple seconds of regen.
Ah you found the ACC barf mode in the software. @hydbob and myself have experienced it as well, we’ve reported it to Lucid. It’s less severe if highway assist is on for some weird reason but still there.

Ah you found the ACC barf mode in the software. @hydbob and myself have experienced it as well, we’ve reported it to Lucid. It’s less severe if highway assist is on for some weird reason but still there.
Yes, it’s not soothing. I experimented a little. When I overrode the cruise speed the accelerator did not behave normally. It had a lag. Do you know if 2.0.18 fixes it?

Interesting, I find it on both ACC and Highway Assist but much worse on Highway Assist than on ACC.

Yes, it’s not soothing. I experimented a little. When I overrode the cruise speed the accelerator did not behave normally. It had a lag. Do you know if 2.0.18 fixes it?
not for me and I'm on 2.0.20

Interesting, I find it on both ACC and Highway Assist but much worse on Highway Assist than on ACC.
There are times I switch to ACC from HA for that reason plus the temperamental steering wheel on my car. On the trip out, it might just refuse to accept that my hand(s) are on the wheel so I switch to ACC. On the trip back, it might be good for 20 minutes at a time but will mysteriously alarm even though I can't detect any changes I've made to how I'm holding the wheel. With HA, there are instances where the car surges forward closing the gap then goes into regen because it's too close but otherwise isn't too bad for me in terms of micro-adjustments. sometimes, when a car cuts into the gap between me and the car I'm following, HA acts like it's angry at that driver and closes on them instead of slowing. Definitely not as smooth in adjusting when cars leave the lane or come into the lane as when ACC was first activated.

I loaded 2.0.15 and experienced the pulsing in ACC mode for the first time at 55 mph. It was too unpleasant to use, so I turned it off. But when I activated it on the highway at 70 mph, ACC was perfectly smooth, like it was before 2.0. Later I tried it again at 55 mph and had no pulsing. Has anyone else had their car "heal itself" like this?

Well the EA chargers at Auburn Hills mall work great. The other cars seemed surprised to see 8 Lucids there! What was funny was that there are also two EVGo chargers there which sat empty cuz the EA chargers worked, and it occurred to me that the solution to EA charging inconsistency is just to build EVGo chargers next to them so if you get screwed on an EA then just move one spot over to the EVGo.

Well the EA chargers at Auburn Hills mall work great. The other cars seemed surprised to see 8 Lucids there! What was funny was that there are also two EVGo chargers there which sat empty cuz the EA chargers worked, and it occurred to me that the solution to EA charging inconsistency is just to build EVGo chargers next to them so if you get screwed on an EA then just move one spot over to the EVGo.
In CA cities this is pretty much the case. EVGo is never too far away from EA.

I loaded 2.0.15 and experienced the pulsing in ACC mode for the first time at 55 mph. It was too unpleasant to use, so I turned it off. But when I activated it on the highway at 70 mph, ACC was perfectly smooth, like it was before 2.0. Later I tried it again at 55 mph and had no pulsing. Has anyone else had their car "heal itself" like this?
Hi, @Michman.

Thank you for sharing. I have DM'd you for more information regarding your experience.

Regards,
Marqie

Reviving this thread for a problem to see if anyone else has seen this:
When I precondition the battery and hook up to a 350kw charger the car gets a critical error and will not do anything until you reboot. I reported it to service but they said it was not a common or known issue. Charge rates are decent without precondition so I just don't precondition before charging.

This is what the owner is telling me, anyone else see this or heard about it?

Back