Dual MagSafe phone charging

Question -- Are you able to get fast charging to work with the magsafe sticker? I got this magsafe case https://a.co/d/4or0xwY for my S22 Ultra, but it charges at the slower rate (and gets pretty hot while doing so). Welcome any suggestions!
My s23+ says it is fast charging, but it doesn't seem to be very fast. I charge maybe 30% in an hour. I don't know if thats normal or not since I don't use wireless charging anywhere else. The phone doesn't get hot, but its definitely warm.

I’m waiting on mine! Just ordered Thursday and already shipped.

I love this business idea. Identify a few high-end products, come up with clever solutions to fix quirks, and sell them to guys that are relatively insensitive to the cost. That sounds like a really fun way to make a successful living.

I’m waiting on mine! Just ordered Thursday and already shipped.

I love this business idea. Identify a few high-end products, come up with clever solutions to fix quirks, and sell them to guys that are relatively insensitive to the cost. That sounds like a really fun way to make a successful living.
Haha can I use this description when people ask me what do we do? 😂
Joking aside - I hope to be able to bring the prices down one day. Since my motivation behind starting TWRAPS was figuring out how to make things, all manufacturing is done in-house. As such, we are slowly learning how to do this efficiently and I hope in time once we have enough know-how and the proper technologies, I will be able to offer more affordable products. In the meantime, you are correct - the focus is mostly high-end vehicles, where people are not as price-sensitive as they would be in other markets.

Haha can I use this description when people ask me what do we do? 😂
Joking aside - I hope to be able to bring the prices down one day. Since my motivation behind starting TWRAPS was figuring out how to make things, all manufacturing is done in-house. As such, we are slowly learning how to do this efficiently and I hope in time once we have enough know-how and the proper technologies, I will be able to offer more affordable products. In the meantime, you are correct - the focus is mostly high-end vehicles, where people are not as price-sensitive as they would be in other markets.
Ha! You definitely can. I wasn’t complaining about cost - totally understand the amount of effort goes into designing and producing a relatively low volume product. Absolutely worth it to me!

To TWRAPS...I have a Samsung Fold 5 coming and would like to know if the Fold 5 will fit with your Magsafe Charger.

Specifically, I am afraid that the Fold maybe too Thick and the center console sliding panel will not be able to close. Do you happen to know the measurement of space from the charger itself to the sliding panel? I am also intent to put a case on the Fold 5 so that will also add some thickness.

To TWRAPS...I have a Samsung Fold 5 coming and would like to know if the Fold 5 will fit with your Magsafe Charger.

Specifically, I am afraid that the Fold maybe too Thick and the center console sliding panel will not be able to close. Do you happen to know the measurement of space from the charger itself to the sliding panel? I am also intent to put a case on the Fold 5 so that will also add some thickness.
Paging @TWRAPS

I’m pretty sure mine closes normally with an iPhone 14 in a regular case. You sure it’s sitting flat?

Yes but I will try again. My case does have a 2-3mm lip to protect the screen. I'll look tonight.

Apologies for the delay in responding... I am on a vacation in Europe and hardly online.
To answer the question about the distance from the charger to the sliding door - I don't know it actually, but if I remember correctly, when I put an iPhone 14 Pro (with an Apple leather case) the door closes freely but there is about 1mm distance left. So chances are, the Fold 5 will not fit. Also don't forge that you'd need a MagSafe case for the whole thing to make sense (otherwise it will slide and fall, it won't charge) which will add extra thickness.

Apologies for the delay in responding... I am on a vacation in Europe and hardly online.
To answer the question about the distance from the charger to the sliding door - I don't know it actually, but if I remember correctly, when I put an iPhone 14 Pro (with an Apple leather case) the door closes freely but there is about 1mm distance left. So chances are, the Fold 5 will not fit. Also don't forge that you'd need a MagSafe case for the whole thing to make sense (otherwise it will slide and fall, it won't charge) which will add extra thickness.
NP. Enjoy your vacation in Europe.
I like to give it a try....you do offer return if it doesn't fit?

Mocked up some rounded foam bumpers with 3M tape to keep my Samsung S22 in place as I didn't want to have to change to Maglock cases.

I was going to add some suede on the bottom for grip, similar to a Tesla charger, but the foam seems to hold it well enough in place. Going to try it out for a couple weeks then recut new pieces for a cleaner look.
20230923_151405.jpg

Mocked up some rounded foam bumpers with 3M tape to keep my Samsung S22 in place as I didn't want to have to change to Maglock cases.

I was going to add some suede on the bottom for grip, similar to a Tesla charger, but the foam seems to hold it well enough in place. Going to try it out for a couple weeks then recut new pieces for a cleaner look.
View attachment 14978
That helps but when you brake my phone slides out. I got a the magic dock magnetic ring and stuck it to my case

@borski

With the dual charging pad installed is there room to run a power cord for a radar detector from the USB A slot?

@borski

With the dual charging pad installed is there room to run a power cord for a radar detector from the USB A slot?
It rests on the top of the wraparound cable things On the side, so there is space still underneath to wire other things, I've done it

Back