Driver seat height won't adjust

NewLucid207

Cars
Touring
Hi - I don't think I've seen this problem posted elsewhere, but the functionality of adjusting the driver seat height has stopped working. It did this about 3 weeks ago and then I installed the the 2.2.2 software and the functionality returned. Every other seat adjustment function works fine - it's just the height that won't adjust and the problem is it's stuck at my wife's driving height and she's 5'2" and I'm 6'2" so my head is practically at the roof when I drive it.

I tried an Air logo reset and that didn't fix anything. Because the software update fixed the problem last time, i'm thinking it could be a hardware problem but a software issue. Anyone have any ideas?

In the meantime i've logged a ticket with service - i just really don't want to have to bring this car in for service again (it would be 4 times in one year of ownership).

Try a logo reset. It worked for me.

I had this problem. It was intermittent, but survived logo resets and software upgrades. It eventually grew to include other seat adjustment problems.

I took it in to my SC and they diagnosed that the entire seat needed to be replaced, which they did. Just expect to have your car in the shop for several days, because the seat is largely not fixable without replacing the entire seat, and because there are so many different models of seats and they are large, it has to be shipped from the factory.

I had this problem. It was intermittent, but survived logo resets and software upgrades. It eventually grew to include other seat adjustment problems.

I took it in to my SC and they diagnosed that the entire seat needed to be replaced, which they did. Just expect to have your car in the shop for several days, because the seat is largely not fixable without replacing the entire seat, and because there are so many different models of seats and they are large, it has to be shipped from the factory.
My seat would not raise when I entered the car and placed my foot on the break. It would lower when I opened the door to exit but the auto return stopped working. Service came out and homed the seat and did a logo reset and all is well.

So tech support spent 10 mins remotely resetting the seat. All good and instant support.

Back