Drive System Warning Message

nautchilous

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I was patiently waiting for this day to happen 😊…..I was charging my car at my friends home using the mobile charger. While the car was charging the most recent update occurred and stopped the charging . Update was completed and then the vehicle continued charging, only to give me an error message on my phone app. I went to the vehicle and saw a Drive Fault error message ( see below image) ….Tried doing a soft and hard reset and to no avail the error message is still showing . it goes away when I put the car in gear.. I do have a warning triangle in the right corner below the air symbol…The car drives fine , but that error message pops when the car starts up….I reached out to service and they said it could be anything ….A HV issue , 12v or even motor issue…Kinda odd it happened right after the latest update completed….Any thoughts on what might be the issue?

Attachments

• IMG_1655.jpeg
    IMG_1655.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 39
If you’ve done the resets and still an issue then only Lucid can tell you what the problem is. Will probably need to go into the Service Center.

Be careful driving it around like that. It could just die on you.

"While the car was charging the most recent update occurred and stopped the charging . Update was completed and then the vehicle continued charging, "

uhm..... this does not sound right. You forgot to write: " So I pressed install now and >>>

It reads like the car installed the update while charging, without you initiating the installation of the update.
Are you suggesting the update installed itself without your say so ? Heck, that's worse than the Highwayman Assassination (HA).
I don't want anything to do with a car that can't be user-controlled.

I was patiently waiting for this day to happen 😊…..I was charging my car at my friends home using the mobile charger. While the car was charging the most recent update occurred and stopped the charging . Update was completed and then the vehicle continued charging, only to give me an error message on my phone app. I went to the vehicle and saw a Drive Fault error message ( see below image) ….Tried doing a soft and hard reset and to no avail the error message is still showing . it goes away when I put the car in gear.. I do have a warning triangle in the right corner below the air symbol…The car drives fine , but that error message pops when the car starts up….I reached out to service and they said it could be anything ….A HV issue , 12v or even motor issue…Kinda odd it happened right after the latest update completed….Any thoughts on what might be the issue?
It says drive system warning, not drive system fault, right? Those are two different messages with differing levels of severity (I'd assume). I had the warning pop up ages ago. Lucid Engineering reviewed logs and said it was just a one-off and no action needed.

Obviously you still want Lucid to check out, but seems less significant than a fault.

It says drive system warning, not drive system fault, right? Those are two different messages with differing levels of severity (I'd assume). I had the warning pop up ages ago. Lucid Engineering reviewed logs and said it was just a one-off and no action needed.

Obviously you still want Lucid to check out, but seems less significant than a fault.

Its not saying fault…just warning…..I am not driving it much…. I am hoping to schedule a service appointment to have my local service center check it out .

"While the car was charging the most recent update occurred and stopped the charging . Update was completed and then the vehicle continued charging, "

uhm..... this does not sound right. You forgot to write: " So I pressed install now and >>>

It reads like the car installed the update while charging, without you initiating the installation of the update.
Are you suggesting the update installed itself without your say so ? Heck, that's worse than the Highwayman Assassination (HA).
I don't want anything to do with a car that can't be user-controlled.
I don’t think that was the point. Sure, they manually triggered the update; but I’ve done that when I’m out at dinner, lol, because historically it has never bricked my car. :)

I don’t think that was the point. Sure, they manually triggered the update; but I’ve done that when I’m out at dinner, lol, because historically it has never bricked my car. :)
I instigated an OTA from my phone while the car was in a parking garage 2 levels below ground. In hindsight, probably wasn’t the smartest thing to do but it still worked :p

Back