RESOLVED Drive system fault - BRICKED

Drive was flawless today. I've spent the better part of the last 6 days on 2 wheels. It's crazy to have the same or better acceleration in the touring!

On another note, when did EA start displaying "Charge speed requested by your vehicle"?

Just happened to me, 500 miles from home, the car bricked. Got the drive fault error message and the car shut down. Could only be opened by jumping the 12 volt battery accessed through the rear wheel well . Power lasted 2 minutes. Enough time to straighten the wheels for the tow truck and retrieve a few items from the car. I need a rental for the next 650 miles of my trip and as long as it takes to repair the car.

I am sorry to hear that. Please keep us posted on the repair.

Out of curiosity, had you read my post before you had to use the portable power? I was shocked when we discovered how little time we had to do anything before the portable power was gone. It seems like that's valuable information to have BEFORE you apply the portable power source so you can plan accordingly.
Just happened to me, 500 miles from home, the car bricked. Got the drive fault error message and the car shut down. Could only be opened by jumping the 12 volt battery accessed through the rear wheel well . Power lasted 2 minutes. Enough time to straighten the wheels for the tow truck and retrieve a few items from the car. I need a rental for the next 650 miles of my trip and as long as it takes to repair the car.

Out of curiosity, had you read my post before you had to use the portable power? I was shocked when we discovered how little time we had to do anything before the portable power was gone. It seems like that's valuable information to have BEFORE you apply the portable power source so you can plan accordingly.
So what's the best practice when you get this fault? Pull off safely of course, but then open window so door and trunk can be opened from inside? Straighten wheels? Not much you can do in two minutes, especially in a high-pressure situation, but curious as to what others would recommend.

So what's the best practice when you get this fault? Pull off safely of course, but then open window so door and trunk can be opened from inside? Straighten wheels? Not much you can do in two minutes, especially in a high-pressure situation, but curious as to what others would recommend.
Pretty much. You got just about everything I would have liked to have done. But I don't think you can open the trunk without power. So if there's anything in the trunk or frunk that you need like medication, you better open them in that brief window of time when you have power.

If you have people to help, you can also have them ready to push the car when you get power and can put it into neutral to either move it to a safe place or help line it up for the tow truck.

And don't forget to remove your ezpass like I did lol

Yes. I had time to read through the posts here while I was waiting for a tow. I was trying to figure out if I needed to use the tow hook and how to get the car into neutral. I spoke to the tow truck operator, who told me he would use skates not the tow hook and Lucid customer care, who told me to leave a door open as I would have only a few minutes before the power would fail. Had less than 3 minutes, only the pilot screen and the entertainment area woke up, after 1 minute. It was just enough time to align the front wheels so the car would stay on the skates as it was loaded onto the flat bed tow truck. EZ Pass and other items were retrieved. Car Trunk and Frunk were packed full and back seat had luggage, because we packed for a 3 month stay in NJ.

Yes. I had time to read through the posts here while I was waiting for a tow. I was trying to figure out if I needed to use the tow hook and how to get the car into neutral. I spoke to the tow truck operator, who told me he would use skates not the tow hook and Lucid customer care, who told me to leave a door open as I would have only a few minutes before the power would fail. Had less than 3 minutes, only the pilot screen and the entertainment area woke up, after 1 minute. It was just enough time to align the front wheels so the car would stay on the skates as it was loaded onto the flat bed tow truck. EZ Pass and other items were retrieved. Car Trunk and Frunk were packed full and back seat had luggage, because we packed for a 3 month stay in NJ.
Damn I'm sorry to hear about that trouble. But I'm glad the posts here helped. Best of luck with the rest of the process

That truly sucks that it happened to you and what scares me the most as well. What is your mileage on your car?

That truly sucks that it happened to you and what scares me the most as well. What is your mileage on your car?
9137. Contactor issue. Never received a recall notice. Car was in the Riviera Beach service center in April and they inspected the car for a recall notice. It passed. It may have been the wire harness recall they were investigating. The contactor recall notice was published in February so that should have been looked at in April.

Back