Drive Settings - HOLD

But you can have both hold and creep enabled. Creep is very useful when inching into a tight spot. But in normal driving on the road, hold is very handy.
Currently, I'm not using creep, but I have to tap the accelerator and brake hard when trying to get the car in the garage as its a tight space, it feels like the car won't go slower than a certain speed when accelerating making it so I have to keep tapping the accelerator and then braking hard when pakring. Is this why you have creep enabled or is this just an issue I have?

It just takes a bit of practice. I had the same issue when I first got my AGT, especially when backing up. Now I don’t even think about it. It is natural and not jerky.

I'm still not sure in what situations I would use Creep, other then parking. Would it be useful in highway stop and go driving? In this situation would the car stop itself before hitting the car in front? Still not sure when I would use this feature.

If you ever join parade and need to relax your foot. Creep makes a perfect Parade Mode.

I have found that ACC with hold setting is good for highway stop and go. The car can/does come to a complete stop behind the vehicle I'm following and apply the hold automatically. Then when that car moves forward, I get a traffic cleared alert and can either hit resume on the left steering wheel toggle or tap the 'gas' pedal to resume ACC.

I didn’t know you can ACC to a complete stop. I have used HA to complete stop and it resumed back to follow the car in front. HA makes long distance straight line highway rush hour driving less frustrating.

I didn’t know you can ACC to a complete stop. I have used HA to complete stop and it resumed back to follow the car in front. HA makes long distance straight line highway rush hour driving less frustrating.
Yeah. Works just the way it's supposed to. I think HA is basically just ACC with lane centering.

Yeah. Works just the way it's supposed to. I think HA is basically just ACC with lane centering.
YES THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IT IS! and it really is described that way as well. Anyone expecting more from HA is...not reading the description!

I'm still not sure in what situations I would use Creep, other then parking. Would it be useful in highway stop and go driving? In this situation would the car stop itself before hitting the car in front? Still not sure when I would use this feature.
If creep is engaged use the brake to move slower or stop.

Currently, I'm not using creep, but I have to tap the accelerator and brake hard when trying to get the car in the garage as its a tight space, it feels like the car won't go slower than a certain speed when accelerating making it so I have to keep tapping the accelerator and then braking hard when pakring. Is this why you have creep enabled or is this just an issue I have?
Use creep while parking. Tap accelerator to start move. Use brake to control speed and stop.

I described the many problems I was having driving my car to a Lucid Motors Customer Care person who, in response, suggested that I reboot the system. Rebooting has made a truly amazing difference! Now the hold and creep functions work, the accelerator works as expected as do CarPlay and the radio. I only wish I had done that sooner.

I described the many problems I was having driving my car to a Lucid Motors Customer Care person who, in response, suggested that I reboot the system. Rebooting has made a truly amazing difference! Now the hold and creep functions work, the accelerator works as expected as do CarPlay and the radio. I only wish I had done that sooner.

When in doubt, reboot! Save headache making call.

how do I engage the hold mode at a red light?

Enabled hold mode. Come to a complete stop.
I was stopped at a traffic light, I took my foot off of the brake and started to roll. I saw no way to engage hold, what did I miss?

I was stopped at a traffic light, I took my foot off of the brake and started to roll. I saw no way to engage hold, what did I miss?
Settings, vehicle, drive settings

Just to be clear, there is nothing you have to do to engage Hold in the moment. In other vehicles you quickly press the brake and release to engage hold. In the Air you just stop and Hold engages on its own (if enabled in settings).

Back