Drive Assist Never Available?

PGHGravity

Active Member

Joined
Jun 2, 2025
Messages
175
Reaction score
259
Cars
26 GGT/AG/Yosemite
I’m not totally sure if this started before or after my GGT was serviced (but probably after), but in the two days I’ve had it back I’ve noticed that Drive Assist is never available anywhere including on highways it always used to be. Adaptive cruise works, all of the other DreamDrive safety features seem to work, but the icon that indicates Drive Assist is available never shows up on the screen and clicking the steering wheel button doesn’t do anything (unless I have it set to cruise control first, in which case it engages that but never lets me switch to Drive Assist).

I’ve tried soft and hard reboots and have driven 20+ highway miles so I don’t think it’s a calibration thing. Anyone else encounter and resolve this?
 
1) seems silly but do you have it set to do drive assist and not just adaptive cruise? The Gravity doesn't let you toggle between the two using the button, but instead you have to select which one you want to use
 
1) seems silly but do you have it set to do drive assist and not just adaptive cruise? The Gravity doesn't let you toggle between the two using the button, but instead you have to select which one you want to use
Oh I didn’t realize that setting is an either-or sort of deal.

But regardless- yes, if I have it set to Drive Assist it does nothing when I press the button and there’s never the visual indicator that it’s available.
 
Oh I didn’t realize that setting is an either-or sort of deal.

But regardless- yes, if I have it set to Drive Assist it does nothing when I press the button and there’s never the visual indicator that it’s available.
I have the same problem. Mine doesn’t work at all for Drive Assist. I have a mobile tech coming next week, but he hasn’t seen the problem before, so i am not sure what he will be able to do. Did you get the issue resolved?
 
I’m not totally sure if this started before or after my GGT was serviced (but probably after), but in the two days I’ve had it back I’ve noticed that Drive Assist is never available anywhere including on highways it always used to be. Adaptive cruise works, all of the other DreamDrive safety features seem to work, but the icon that indicates Drive Assist is available never shows up on the screen and clicking the steering wheel button doesn’t do anything (unless I have it set to cruise control first, in which case it engages that but never lets me switch to Drive Assist).

I’ve tried soft and hard reboots and have driven 20+ highway miles so I don’t think it’s a calibration thing. Anyone else encounter and resolve this?
Mine used to work, but it stopped working completely, I think around the 3.3.5 update point. Adaptive cruise still works and the other features too, just not Dream Drive. That may be coincidental with the software release, but it has not worked at all since then. I saw a post on Facebook about someone had the same issue with their Gravity and they took it to service (like mine, it constantly says a sensor is blocked, but they are all visually fine) and they traced it to the steering wheel and replaced it and that fixed it for him. When the SC finally gets my parts in for the other repair work due, they will be looking at this too.
 
Mine used to work, but it stopped working completely, I think around the 3.3.5 update point. Adaptive cruise still works and the other features too, just not Dream Drive. That may be coincidental with the software release, but it has not worked at all since then. I saw a post on Facebook about someone had the same issue with their Gravity and they took it to service (like mine, it constantly says a sensor is blocked, but they are all visually fine) and they traced it to the steering wheel and replaced it and that fixed it for him. When the SC finally gets my parts in for the other repair work due, they will be looking at this too.
Thanks, maybe my steering wheel needs to be replaced. We shall see what the Mobil tech can do. Probably nothing more than to make sure my selections are correct in the Copilot. They are.
 
Mine used to work, but it stopped working completely, I think around the 3.3.5 update point. Adaptive cruise still works and the other features too, just not Dream Drive. That may be coincidental with the software release, but it has not worked at all since then. I saw a post on Facebook about someone had the same issue with their Gravity and they took it to service (like mine, it constantly says a sensor is blocked, but they are all visually fine) and they traced it to the steering wheel and replaced it and that fixed it for him. When the SC finally gets my parts in for the other repair work due, they will be looking at this too.
Hmm interesting. They updated my car to 3.3.5 when it was at the SC so maybe it is related. I don’t get any error messages at all, it’s just never available on roads where it previously worked.

My current plan is to wait for the next update and see if it magically comes back after that, and contact service if it doesn’t.

If it really is a steering wheel issue, I wonder if the problem is that it loses the ability to detect your hands on the wheel.
 
Last edited:
Oh I didn’t realize that setting is an either-or sort of deal.

But regardless- yes, if I have it set to Drive Assist it does nothing when I press the button and there’s never the visual indicator that it’s available.
Same for me , Drive Assist - Nothing. Adaptive Cruise works fine. But Adaptive Cruise only works when the Adaptive Crujise is Selected. Drive assist doesn’t work regardless of the selection
 
Hmm interesting. They updated my car to 3.3.5 when it was at the SC so maybe it is related. I don’t get any error messages at all, it’s just never available on roads where it previously worked.

My current plan is to wait for the next update and see if it magically comes back after that, and contact service if it doesn’t.

If it really is a steering wheel issue, I wonder if the problem is that it loses the ability to detect your hands on the wheel.
I got the 3.3.8 when it was available and hoped it would fix it, if it is indeed a software issue, but no change. We'll see if either the next release or it finally getting into the SC will get it. Just interesting to know others are experiencing it to, so something larger is going wrong.
 
I had the same issue ever since delivery, my Drive Assist never worked, I waited for a month to see if software update would trigger it to work, but no, so I brought the car to service for this issue and recent drive system errors. My SC advisor said it might be due to hands sensor fault in the steering wheel. Car is still in the shop, waiting to hear from them this week.
It's somewhat of a relief to know I'm not the only one with this issue, I haven't seen others reporting it until now. All 100+ other issues were always common, but this one stood out, until now.
 
Huh yeah good to know other people are experiencing it, bad to know it’s possibly not just a software thing.

Mine was definitely working just fine until it went in for service, as far as I noticed. I wish they had caught it at the SC before shipping the car all the way back across the state to me, but for now this isn’t the worst issue to have to live with for a while.
 
1) seems silly but do you have it set to do drive assist and not just adaptive cruise? The Gravity doesn't let you toggle between the two using the button, but instead you have to select which one you want to use
Toggle definitely works (I've used it) and to make sure I wasn't crazy and it was all in my mind, I just checked the manual and it is indeed an option

1762189165977.webp
 
Mine used to work, but it stopped working completely, I think around the 3.3.5 update point. Adaptive cruise still works and the other features too, just not Dream Drive. That may be coincidental with the software release, but it has not worked at all since then. I saw a post on Facebook about someone had the same issue with their Gravity and they took it to service (like mine, it constantly says a sensor is blocked, but they are all visually fine) and they traced it to the steering wheel and replaced it and that fixed it for him. When the SC finally gets my parts in for the other repair work due, they will be looking at this too.
Hmmmm, so if the button allows selection of adaptive cruise but the same button doesn’t allow drive assist but you don’t have a dream drive not available error (I get those false errors every few days and they go away, says sensors blocked even though they’re not), then it makes me think the capacitive sensor aspect of the wheel itself is defective since the car needs that to make sure your hands are on the wheel for DD Pro.
 
The Dream Drive Pro manual instructions above make me ill. "If the pickle is under the seat then press the button next to the toaster and wait for an error. If the error doesn't appear within 30 seconds, find a bucket full of sand and pound it."
 
The Dream Drive Pro manual instructions above make me ill. "If the pickle is under the seat then press the button next to the toaster and wait for an error. If the error doesn't appear within 30 seconds, find a bucket full of sand and pound it."
…not trying to be dismissive, and asking genuinely: how so?

You push the button and are now in ACC. Push it again and you’re in Drive Assist. Push it again, back to ACC. It’s a toggle 🤷‍♂️

You can set the speed on either one and it will maintain it.
 
Hmmmm, so if the button allows selection of adaptive cruise but the same button doesn’t allow drive assist but you don’t have a dream drive not available error (I get those false errors every few days and they go away, says sensors blocked even though they’re not), then it makes me think the capacitive sensor aspect of the wheel itself is defective since the car needs that to make sure your hands are on the wheel for DD Pro.
The little lane assist indicator on the dash is always lit now too. I think you may be right about the steering wheel. Decided not to wait for the other repair parts and having Lucid mobile tech come out next week to look into this issue.
 
The little lane assist indicator on the dash is always lit now too. I think you may be right about the steering wheel. Decided not to wait for the other repair parts and having Lucid mobile tech come out next week to look into this issue.
Which indicator is that? In my case there are no errors or warnings at all, and the drive assist available icon never appears on the dash.
 
Which indicator is that? In my case there are no errors or warnings at all, and the drive assist available icon never appears on the dash.
IMG_0633.webp
This indicator is always on when I drive now.
 
Hmm that might be unrelated since my lane departure stuff works okay.
 
I got a word from my SA, the car was diagnosed and they are replacing the steering wheel, will take a few days until the part comes in.
 
Back
Top