Drive Assist Never Available?

I got a word from my SA, the car was diagnosed and they are replacing the steering wheel, will take a few days until the part comes in.
Such a weird thing to fail but it makes sense, thanks for the update!
 
…not trying to be dismissive, and asking genuinely: how so?

You push the button and are now in ACC. Push it again and you’re in Drive Assist. Push it again, back to ACC. It’s a toggle 🤷‍♂️

You can set the speed on either one and it will maintain it.
I'll try this again - it's how I expected/hoped it worked, but it didn't for me. Could have been an earlier software rev, not sure.
 
You push the button and are now in ACC. Push it again and you’re in Drive Assist. Push it again, back to ACC. It’s a toggle 🤷‍♂️

You can set the speed on either one and it will maintain it.

You forgot to mention that one needs to take eyes off the road for a while to see what's happening,
and that this only works some of the time.

I only want cruise control . I am not interested in Elon's wet dream.

One mechanical switch to take you to Adaptive Cruise, please. If I wanted a (pardon the expression) "self-driving car" I'd take an Uber.
 
You forgot to mention that one needs to take eyes off the road for a while to see what's happening,
and that this only works some of the time.
You’re in a Gravity thread; this isn’t true. The toggle works every time (if DA is available, which is on highways) and the HUD gives you info as well, if equipped. Also, the screen is right there in your eyeline in Gravity because the wheel is so low.

Your issues with Air simply don’t apply here.

I only want cruise control . I am not interested in Elon's wet dream.
We’re aware. :) you’ve made that clear.

One mechanical switch to take you to Adaptive Cruise, please. If I wanted a (pardon the expression) "self-driving car" I'd take an Uber.
You can actually set this setting in Gravity to not toggle.
 
yeah, I have the same issue when I updated to 3.3.8. I have no drive assist and adaptive cruise. The setting options to configure look good (same as with 3.3.5, I try to engage at speed, no error, no love. Drive assist and adaptive cruise worked awesome with 3.3.5 and for my two trips to CA.
 
yeah, I have the same issue when I updated to 3.3.8. I have no drive assist and adaptive cruise. The setting options to configure look good (same as with 3.3.5, I try to engage at speed, no error, no love. Drive assist and adaptive cruise worked awesome with 3.3.5 and for my two trips to CA.
Does Adaptive Cruise not work even if you adjust the setting so that the button engages Cruise first before Drive Assist?
 
Got my Gravity back from service, DreamDrive works now 👍
Root cause was "missing comms with hands-on sensor in the steering wheel", replaced the steering wheel assembly.
In my case it was likely a manufacturing defect since it never worked, but if it stopped working after software update, then it's not likely a hardware defect, rather a new software bug.

Unrelated to this topic, they also replaced multiport valve manifold in the cooling system, which was causing recent drive system warnings.
 
Got my Gravity back from service, DreamDrive works now 👍
Root cause was "missing comms with hands-on sensor in the steering wheel", replaced the steering wheel assembly.
In my case it was likely a manufacturing defect since it never worked, but if it stopped working after software update, then it's not likely a hardware defect, rather a new software bug.

Unrelated to this topic, they also replaced multiport valve manifold in the cooling system, which was causing recent drive system warnings.
Thanks for the update! I have an SC visit scheduled for a month from now (for more than just the Drive Assist issue) but hopefully it will be fixed in an SU before then since mine did work up until the last update.
 
I had the same issue ever since delivery, my Drive Assist never worked, I waited for a month to see if software update would trigger it to work, but no, so I brought the car to service for this issue and recent drive system errors. My SC advisor said it might be due to hands sensor fault in the steering wheel. Car is still in the shop, waiting to hear from them this week.
It's somewhat of a relief to know I'm not the only one with this issue, I haven't seen others reporting it until now. All 100+ other issues were always common, but this one stood out, until now.
Has your problem been fixed? My Drive Assist has never worked. I had a mobile tech do all he could do to make sure i had no faults, that my settings were correct, etc. and Phoenix confirmed by scanning the vehicle that I have all the proper hardware and software. They don’t know why it doesn’t work. Everything else is fine and the Adaptive Cruise works fine. I don’t get any alters, faults, or notifications, it just won’t engage. Did they replace your steering wheel?
 
Thanks for the update! I have an SC visit scheduled for a month from now (for more than just the Drive Assist issue) but hopefully it will be fixed in an SU before then since mine did work up until the last update.
Was this at Riviera Beach?
 
Has your problem been fixed? My Drive Assist has never worked. I had a mobile tech do all he could do to make sure i had no faults, that my settings were correct, etc. and Phoenix confirmed by scanning the vehicle that I have all the proper hardware and software. They don’t know why it doesn’t work. Everything else is fine and the Adaptive Cruise works fine. I don’t get any alters, faults, or notifications, it just won’t engage. Did they replace your steering wheel
I’m not totally sure if this started before or after my GGT was serviced (but probably after), but in the two days I’ve had it back I’ve noticed that Drive Assist is never available anywhere including on highways it always used to be. Adaptive cruise works, all of the other DreamDrive safety features seem to work, but the icon that indicates Drive Assist is available never shows up on the screen and clicking the steering wheel button doesn’t do anything (unless I have it set to cruise control first, in which case it engages that but never lets me switch to Drive Assist).

I’ve tried soft and hard reboots and have driven 20+ highway miles so I don’t think it’s a calibration thing. Anyone else encounter and resolve this?
was this repair done in Riviera Beach?
 
Has your problem been fixed? My Drive Assist has never worked. I had a mobile tech do all he could do to make sure i had no faults, that my settings were correct, etc. and Phoenix confirmed by scanning the vehicle that I have all the proper hardware and software. They don’t know why it doesn’t work. Everything else is fine and the Adaptive Cruise works fine. I don’t get any alters, faults, or notifications, it just won’t engage. Did they replace your steering wheel?
You need your steering wheel replaced due to bad hands-on sensor.
 
Back
Top