Drafty windows when cold?

Our first Air experienced the cold cabin problem on a 600 mile trip around Chrstmas 2024. Temps were in the 20s for most of the drive and it was "suboptimal" driving while wearing coats (kids had blankets). Reported it to the Service Center after the trip and of course they couldn't replicate the problem in 40 degree weather so they did nothing about.

Our second Air has the exact same problem with cabin temps at highway speeds in sub freezing temps. It's a design and/or manufacturing flaw. I'm guessing the people in California may not be driving at speed in cold enough temperatures for long enough distances for it to manifest, but this is a real concern.
 
I'm not under warranty for stuff like that. That's what I said. I was only under warranty for one winter up here and it was mild. Got the car in March 2023 and went over 50k in December 2024. Now I'm over 84k. So I'd be responsible for the transportation of the car as well as the repairs and rental car.
Oh I see. That sucks. :(
 
I live in Phoenix, so don't experience this issue locally, but the one time I drove in cold weather on the highway, in the winter on I40 in the Grants/Gallup area, there was definitely cold air leaking into the cabin on the driver's side. I didn't notice anything when not at highway speeds.
 
Our first Air experienced the cold cabin problem on a 600 mile trip around Chrstmas 2024. Temps were in the 20s for most of the drive and it was "suboptimal" driving while wearing coats (kids had blankets). Reported it to the Service Center after the trip and of course they couldn't replicate the problem in 40 degree weather so they did nothing about.

Our second Air has the exact same problem with cabin temps at highway speeds in sub freezing temps. It's a design and/or manufacturing flaw. I'm guessing the people in California may not be driving at speed in cold enough temperatures for long enough distances for it to manifest, but this is a real concern.
Maybe it’s something they can’t even fix. I have some suspicions that these cars have some engineering flaws that will never be fixed but maybe will be silently fixed in a model refresh or something. Tesla is similar.
 
Back
Top