The question is why is Lucid continuing to sell these cars with drafty windows or has the problem been fixed. It would be nice if they would make a statement on this issue so future buyers don't have to encounter this issue.So funny I thought I was just going crazy when I noticed this last week in a super cold day.
Could you please post a photo of the trim clips that were installed? I have the same issue but my SC here in Germany is not yet willing to do anything about it...The door glass runner trim piece was loose and protruding outwards. Even if it was pushed back in, it could eventually become loose again. My technician installed trim clips to hold the glass runner firmly in place of the mounting channel. If I recall correctly for good measure I believe he installed them on the all 4 doors.
If they’re like my 26 they are standard j style clips, 2 per door. I haven’t had any issue with mine.Could you please post a photo of the trim clips that were installed? I have the same issue but my SC here in Germany is not yet willing to do anything about it...
Thanks!
Could you please post a photo of where they are located and how they are placed? Since the SC is not willing to do anything about the air draft I might need to find a solution myself. Thanks!If they’re like my 26 they are standard j style clips, 2 per door. I haven’t had any issue with mine.
This is just the trim for the belt molding not the trim that blocks air.Could you please post a photo of where they are located and how they are placed? Since the SC is not willing to do anything about the air draft I might need to find a solution myself. Thanks!
Thanks! I tried the Gummipflege but it didn't help much. Will try adding an additional rubber seal...This is just the trim for the belt molding not the trim that blocks air.
Have you tried Gummiplege or a might silicone grease? DuPont makes a good kit for doing rubber seals.
Found this thread cuz it’s 28 degrees and the car literally has cold air drafting through it on the freewayThanks! I tried the Gummipflege but it didn't help much. Will try adding an additional rubber seal...
Yup mine does too. To the point I don’t want to drive on the highway in the cold.Found this thread cuz it’s 28 degrees and the car literally has cold air drafting through it on the freeway![]()
I wonder if its just all the glass being cold. Do you have the glass roof?Yup mine does too. To the point I don’t want to drive on the highway in the cold.![]()
Definately made in Arizona.Yes, mine is also drafty with cold air when driving on the freeway. I've learned to accept it, but it is aggravating to be sure since the heating can't keep up. The HVAC on Auto also doesn't appear to want to have the fan on the dash vents to blow strongly which exacerbates the situation.
Same here. I just accept it because there’re likely no fix during my short 18-month lease. Tried Gummi. Took it to service a month after taking delivery and they said they readjusted the door but no difference. Still the audible draft and now especially noticeable when it’s 0F outside.Yes, mine is also drafty with cold air when driving on the freeway. I've learned to accept it, but it is aggravating to be sure since the heating can't keep up. The HVAC on Auto also doesn't appear to want to have the fan on the dash vents to blow strongly which exacerbates the situation.
Hm, mine is a 26 AT with soft close and I have the issue. I don't know if its a draft like a breeze per se, or just a general chill from the loads of glass.Lucid just took my car in last week to address some TSB. The AT loaner I got was solid. No noise. No cold draft. It has soft closing door but my car does not.
According to my Service guy at Lucid, there's a known issue where air gets pulled in to the bottom seal of the window at the front of the door and then runs along that seal and then exits at the bottom left of the window, depending on the force of that air it then can run up the seal to the top left. Certainly I was experiencing this until they applied a "fix" with foam in that seal. There's no cold air at the top left of the window anymore, but I'm still getting cold air at the bottom left of the window. I think the foam partially worked.My understanding is that at least some of the draft comes up through the door back by the B pillar, runs up to the top of the door and then comes away from the door... Directly into the left side of my bald head. Been happening for 3 years now. I keep a hat and gloves in my car because the insulation/seal is so bad I have to wear them unless I set the temp over 80 and seriously cut into my range. And please don't tell me that I should just keep the temp higher and not worry about my range like the last guy did. I drive too much to not be mindful of my range
I can actually feel the draft from the top of the window significantly INCREASE when I get passed by a semi on a cold day due to the change in airflow outside the window/door. And I have the foam.According to my Service guy at Lucid, there's a known issue where air gets pulled in to the bottom seal of the window at the front of the door and then runs along that seal and then exits at the bottom left of the window, depending on the force of that air it then can run up the seal to the top left. Certainly I was experiencing this until they applied a "fix" with foam in that seal. There's no cold air at the top left of the window anymore, but I'm still getting cold air at the bottom left of the window. I think the foam partially worked.