Does the energy speedo annoy anyone else?

How many people would actually change that much from stock?

I wouldn't. And I particularly like the "miles since last charge" and "average m/kWh since last charge" readouts. Find myself checking them a lot more than I would have thought and constantly saying to myself, "wow, I didn't know this or that was that far from the house." It's helped me understand why the odometer reading is climbing so damned fast. (The nearest anything -- a convenience store -- is a 9-mile round trip.)

@hydbob I suspect quite a few. My current cars' displays allow me to select a number of different readouts, and I regularly look at different display info as the default for when driving (varying on conditions, interests, etc). Just look at how configurable the right hand section on the Air is too. As a software architect & engineer, it really isn't that hard, especially as they clearly already have the basic architecture and infrastructure to allow for such changes.

can someone share a photo of what this energy speedo is?
IMG_5303.jpeg

This was taken when I originally reported it to Lucid. Notice how the line is not perfectly straight. Two problems:
1. Its missing anti-aliasing, the line itself should be smooth on the screen
2. Its not at "0". Yes, from an engineering point of view, it should not be at 0, as its "Charge power". But from a user POV? Just make it 0...

Where did the term "energy speedo" come from? I don't see it on the dash. Is it in the manual?
The fact the needle is not at 0 makes sense. I would actually be annoyed if it was at zero knowing that the car is in fact using power.
The "Charge Power" and "mph" are not related, only the fact that when acceleration you're using more power. I'm guessing the layout is causing confusion because it resembles the traditional ICE speedometers.

Back to Hydbob's question though, I can see how it could be distracting and annoying. Perhaps mimic it like an ICE where you have a tachometer and speedometer. Instead of a tachometer, replace it with this charge power. So you have two circle gauges, on the left is the charge power, and on the right is a speedometer.

Where did the term "energy speedo" come from? I don't see it on the dash. Is it in the manual?
The fact the needle is not at 0 makes sense. I would actually be annoyed if it was at zero knowing that the car is in fact using power.
The "Charge Power" and "mph" are not related, only the fact that when acceleration you're using more power. I'm guessing the layout is causing confusion because it resembles the traditional ICE speedometers.
We made it up. Energy Speedometer. Not a name that came from Lucid.

Sounds like Swimwear to me but meh haha

@Paladin732 Zero makes no sense... energy is being used... indeed, if the display was on during charging I'd expect this gauge to show that positive net energy inflow too. I like @oldnick25 suggestion of having a display option of two gauges (speed & energy usage), parallel to an ICE's speed & tachometer... easy to see without having to "look" at them, and informative... and as options, if you don't like them, you don't turn them on... there is an old saying from (good) software developers: if there is a disagreement over displaying it in method 1 or 2, then provide both options and all we are then disagreeing about is the default.

Back