Does the energy speedo annoy anyone else?

hydbob

Referral Code - R0YBCKIJ
Admin
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
I actually paid close attention to the "speedo" today and its really annoying to see the "needle" moving and be off-center when you are at a complete stop.

I actually paid close attention to the "speedo" today and its really annoying to see the "needle" moving and be off-center when you are at a complete stop.
Hah, I filed a bug on it. That it should be dead center when at a stop. I got a response that it is as expected, because you are still using energy.

(I also filed a bug over the fact it doesn't have anti-aliasing on it, if you notice, the line is jagged and not smooth)

Hah, I filed a bug on it. That it should be dead center when at a stop. I got a response that it is as expected, because you are still using energy.

(I also filed a bug over the fact it doesn't have anti-aliasing on it, if you notice, the line is jagged and not smooth)
I guess if they just said, it's an energy meter then it makes sense

It must not bother me since I have not noticed it. Now just like the turn signal sound, I will start noticing it and get annoyed by it.

Ha ha. Yes it does bother me. I wish they would make the instrument panel able to be altered like Tesla, Range Rover, Mercedes, Jeep, etc. I really don't like that it is fixed and the right side says "Air" and the left side tells me how many miles and kw/H I have gone since last charge (wtf who cares about that?).

Ha ha. Yes it does bother me. I wish they would make the instrument panel able to be altered like Tesla, Range Rover, Mercedes, Jeep, etc. I really don't like that it is fixed and the right side says "Air" and the left side tells me how many miles and kw/H I have gone since last charge (wtf who cares about that?).

This is in the plans, if you watch their UI videos. It’ll be tied to the profile. It’s just not there yet. :)

This is in the plans, if you watch their UI videos. It’ll be tied to the profile. It’s just not there yet. :)
Oh what UI videos?

How do you file a bug report? Still learning...

I had also noticed it not being center on stop. From an “engineering perspective” the representation makes perfect sense. From a user and ascetic perspective, I would not use this display to show the parasitic draw of the car. Just represent what the drive train is using. It’s on the speedometer for ….. sake.

kind of adjacent question … how does one get back to the “energy speedo” after being in cruise control?

I am going to miss having a non-digital spedo gauge (i.e. not just a number, for me the dial makes it easier to see your speed out of the corner of your eye without actually looking at the number)... I'd be fine if they had a driver config of making the round gauge be the vehicle speed and having the energy usage being a small bar with green to one side of zero for regen & blue to the other side of zero for usage...

I am going to miss having a non-digital spedo gauge (i.e. not just a number, for me the dial makes it easier to see your speed out of the corner of your eye without actually looking at the number)... I'd be fine if they had a driver config of making the round gauge be the vehicle speed and having the energy usage being a small bar with green to one side of zero for regen & blue to the other side of zero for usage...
I’m sure this view will be added, the gauge UI is incomplete at the moment

I’m sure this view will be added, the gauge UI is incomplete at the moment
I am hoping that Lucid provides more configurable options in the future. There Is no evidence they intend to allow customer preference. There are some on/off choices, but at this stage very little customization compared to other luxury cars.

I am hoping that Lucid provides more configurable options in the future. There Is no evidence they intend to allow customer preference. There are some on/off choices, but at this stage very little customization compared to other luxury cars.

I have the same problem with BMW. I don't understand why car makers don't allow us more options in this space. But...I don't consider this a deal breaker. Just a like to have.

I have the same problem with BMW. I don't understand why car makers don't allow us more options in this space. But...I don't consider this a deal breaker. Just a like to have.
Because it's probably a huge waste of programming resources to get it customizable. How many people would actually change that much from stock?

Back