Disappointing Surreal Sound Pro

I tried connecting my Astell&Kern over Bluetooth and it still isn't working.

Let’s just be realistic. Tidal and TuneIn just keep cutting out. Out in the clear, they cut out. They cut out a lot.
I am on Long Island and they cut out constantly. And, when you figure Amazon music may work because of less bandwith, Alexa does not want to cooperate.

All this discussion about audio over bluetooth reminds me of when iPhone removed the headphone jack and we were stuck with bluetooth audio instead of hardwired. Same in my car - our van is bluetooth only, my car has hardwired or bluetooth available. Consistently hardwired sounds significantly better than bluetooth direct. Gimme hardwired carplay and we're good to go!

All this discussion about audio over bluetooth reminds me of when iPhone removed the headphone jack and we were stuck with bluetooth audio instead of hardwired. Same in my car - our van is bluetooth only, my car has hardwired or bluetooth available. Consistently hardwired sounds significantly better than bluetooth direct. Gimme hardwired carplay and we're good to go!
Wireless CarPlay doesn't use Bluetooth. It uses an ad hoc WiFi network between the car and the phone. And that is capable of fully lossless playback.

Wireless CarPlay doesn't use Bluetooth. It uses an ad hoc WiFi network between the car and the phone. And that is capable of fully lossless playback.
To be pedantic, it uses bluetooth to tell the iphone to connect via wifi, and maybe for phone calls. But everything else is definitely wifi. Otherwise Carplay wouldn't work until you got far enough from your house where it dropped that wifi signal.

All the more reason to get Carplay up and running. I don't currently have it available in either vehicle, so come on Lucid! Thanks for setting me straight.

Does anyone else have trouble streaming . I can’t get any consistent stream of music. Car is constantly cutting out as if there is no signal. I assume this a defect in my car and not the norm.

Does anyone else have trouble streaming . I can’t get any consistent stream of music. Car is constantly cutting out as if there is no signal. I assume this a defect in my car and not the norm.
It’s happening to a lot of owners, including me. In fact, I use my iPhone via Bluetooth for Tidal and SiriusXM.

OTA 2.0x is supposed to fix this issue.

They really did build the hype around the sound system. Definitely does not compare to the Burmester 3D system in my S class but still an enjoyable experience. I do find that it runs a bit quiet. I have to turn the volume to 75/80% before I really start feeling it...wonder if it's just me...hopefully, I'm not going deaf, lol.

They really did build the hype around the sound system. Definitely does not compare to the Burmester 3D system in my S class but still an enjoyable experience. I do find that it runs a bit quiet. I have to turn the volume to 75/80% before I really start feeling it...wonder if it's just me...hopefully, I'm not going deaf, lol.
Just updated to 2.0.5 and audio sounds much better!

+4 on bass on the EQ then play the Humpty Dance on Tidal on HiFi setting. Then report back if you still think it’s inadequate. I know the Burmeister, had it in my MB, loved it but at peak performance and quieter volumes the Lucid is superior due to the depth of stage. Music isn’t just about sounding good loud.

+4 on bass on the EQ then play the Humpty Dance on Tidal on HiFi setting. Then report back if you still think it’s inadequate. I know the Burmeister, had it in my MB, loved it but at peak performance and quieter volumes the Lucid is superior due to the depth of stage. Music isn’t just about sounding good loud.
I hear ya @bunnylebowski. Just seems quieter to me than what I expected.

I’ll make sure to rock out on Humpty first thing in the morning 😉

I hear ya @bunnylebowski. Just seems quieter to me than what I expected.

I’ll make sure to rock out on Humpty first thing in the morning 😉
Yeah but it can go speaker blowing ear bleeding loud if you want to, it’s just at the top end of the knob as it should be. I’m biased cuz of the audio engineering background where the fader on a console only goes to +6, anything louder for more than a couple seconds is irresponsible, while most car audio is rigged where you’re hitting >100dB with the volume at 60%. So basically Lucid is going to throw everyone off because they’re doing it right, whereas everyone has been so used to the wrong way for so long. Not to knock Burmeister, they’re outstanding and I’d be happy with them but once you get the Lucid with Tidal HiFi plus and +4, 0, 0 (some do -2 on the high frequencies but I think it’s best flat) it pulls the curtain back and it’s like hearing each song for the first time again.

Exhibit A: thanks @stratus for sharing this with me. I didn’t know there was an Atmos mix of this but turn the volume up and enjoy: https://tidal.com/track/234727627

Yeah but it can go speaker blowing ear bleeding loud if you want to, it’s just at the top end of the knob as it should be. I’m biased cuz of the audio engineering background where the fader on a console only goes to +6, anything louder for more than a couple seconds is irresponsible, while most car audio is rigged where you’re hitting >100dB with the volume at 60%. So basically Lucid is going to throw everyone off because they’re doing it right, whereas everyone has been so used to the wrong way for so long. Not to knock Burmeister, they’re outstanding and I’d be happy with them but once you get the Lucid with Tidal HiFi plus and +4, 0, 0 (some do -2 on the high frequencies but I think it’s best flat) it pulls the curtain back and it’s like hearing each song for the first time again.

Exhibit A: thanks @stratus for sharing this with me. I didn’t know there was an Atmos mix of this but turn the volume up and enjoy: https://tidal.com/track/234727627
Oh yeah, it will definitely make anyone who listens very very giddy.

Agreed... I may have been spoiled w/ the S-Class sound .. and I'm no audiophile (& may be going deaf too), but I definitely find the Lucid audio to be a bit quiet.
Looking forward to the 2.X upgrade; perhaps it will improve the audio quality. If nothing else, having Tidal Dolby Atmos work properly will be a huge benefit of 2.X

Agreed... I may have been spoiled w/ the S-Class sound .. and I'm no audiophile (& may be going deaf too), but I definitely find the Lucid audio to be a bit quiet.
Looking forward to the 2.X upgrade; perhaps it will improve the audio quality. If nothing else, having Tidal Dolby Atmos work properly will be a huge benefit of 2.X
I agree. One of my few gripes thus far is the sound is too quiet on music tracks and too loud on navigation when both set to the same output level.

Will have to try the settings .. especially once I upgrade to 2.x .. hoping the Tidal HiFi Dolby Atmos tracks will work then .. right now, anytime I play a Dolby Atmos playlist, I lose audio and can't get it back unless I exit Tidal and get back in .. (afterwhich I usually give up and switch to Spotify)

Will have to try the settings .. especially once I upgrade to 2.x .. hoping the Tidal HiFi Dolby Atmos tracks will work then .. right now, anytime I play a Dolby Atmos playlist, I lose audio and can't get it back unless I exit Tidal and get back in .. (afterwhich I usually give up and switch to Spotify)
Yeah that was happening to me too prior to 2.0.5. If you have 1 bar of service Tidal will do that in any car and in CarPlay but it works MUCH better now.

Back