Disappointed with base sound system

leftbumper

Cars
Lucid Air Pure RWD
I recently leased an Air Pure and ended up getting the base sound system (not the Pro) as it was in stock. While I know its not going to be amazing, I am quite underwhelmed.
  • It's a bit thin and bright with the 'out of the box' EQ settings. I love music/audio so am familiar with a 'flat' EQ vs a house curve, but something doesn't sound quite neutral
  • Base....They're so little and not any mixed into the font speakers. If I move the balance slider forward, it just drops the bottom octaves out completely. Come on.....a small UE boom even tries harder at being full range.
  • The base it does have, rattles. Once I get the volume up over 1/3 and the song has some base, something vibrates in the rear speakers. I already filed a ticket for this once and the tech came out and found that a clip was broken and replaced the rear shelf. This helped a bit but he said the vibration was normal. The speaker is either distorting like crazy or something is vibrating in the enclosure.
Honestly, the last point is the one that bothers me the most. It cheapens the whole experience. Is this normal? Or is this something I should try and get 'fixed'

I recently leased an Air Pure and ended up getting the base sound system (not the Pro) as it was in stock. While I know its not going to be amazing, I am quite underwhelmed.
  • It's a bit thin and bright with the 'out of the box' EQ settings. I love music/audio so am familiar with a 'flat' EQ vs a house curve, but something doesn't sound quite neutral
  • Base....They're so little and not any mixed into the font speakers. If I move the balance slider forward, it just drops the bottom octaves out completely. Come on.....a small UE boom even tries harder at being full range.
  • The base it does have, rattles. Once I get the volume up over 1/3 and the song has some base, something vibrates in the rear speakers. I already filed a ticket for this once and the tech came out and found that a clip was broken and replaced the rear shelf. This helped a bit but he said the vibration was normal. The speaker is either distorting like crazy or something is vibrating in the enclosure.
Honestly, the last point is the one that bothers me the most. It cheapens the whole experience. Is this normal? Or is this something I should try and get 'fixed'
There is a whole thread on a fix for the front bass (replacing the tape over some holes in the front footwell) that dramatically increases the quality of the system.

This has been discussed quite a bit here on the forum. Try using the search feature. If you still can’t do anything to get the sound to the level that it pleases you, there are several threads on aftermarket improvements that have been made.

I had a tech come out and fix my rear shelf bass rattle this past week. He replaced the factory "clips" with ones that are shorter and so tighter for the shelf, while he was there he also applied the potential issue of the shelf rubbing against the back window (a known issue by Lucid). After that my shelf is silent.

There is a whole thread on a fix for the front bass (replacing the tape over some holes in the front footwell) that dramatically increases the quality of the system.
Was that for the base system or the Pro? I don't have any woofers in the footwell or doors

Was that for the base system or the Pro? I don't have any woofers in the footwell or doors
If audio sound is very important to you, you might want to consider bringing the car to a high-end audio shop and having them give you a bid on improving it. Personally, I just listen to talk radio!

I have the Pro system. I didn't like the way the standard system sounded when I test-drove the car. Even then the Pro system needed the tape fix IMO.

I noticed that sound differentiates with Audio Source,I have tested all and I have noticed the best sound quality for Lucid is TIDAL since it has Hifi sound included.

I didn't like the basic sound either. I bought the car with the trial version of SSPro since there was no way to hear the difference between the two when I was ordering it. When the sound reverted to Basic, I realized how thin it sounded, in all music sources, and I upgraded it. If the extra speakers weren't in the car, I wouldn't have done something aftermarket.

its a lease, so not going to make any changes. But if this is all even the base sound system can do, I'm quite disappointed....

It sounds like there are options to try an tame the rattle in the back, but if the base system doesnt have the footwell woofers, it sounds like there just will be ZERO lower frequency sounds coming from the front.

its a lease, so not going to make any changes. But if this is all even the base sound system can do, I'm quite disappointed....

It sounds like there are options to try an tame the rattle in the back, but if the base system doesnt have the footwell woofers, it sounds like there just will be ZERO lower frequency sounds coming from the front.

That's weird. I have the standard SS and I can get plenty of bass

Do a search on this forum. This has been discussed a thousand times. Basically, it boils down to this:

If you feel like it has no bass at all, you need to call service. There is a specific fix. (Again search here for it. It involves tape.)

If you feel like it's fine, but not super-bass heavy. Like it's just a bit lacking, then that's the style of the system. It's built to reproduce accurately, not bass-biased. Some people are very accustomed to and prefer bass-biased systems. (If you like Beats headphones as opposed to Apple's AirPods Max, that would be a good comparison.) In that case, there's not a whole lot to be done, beyond a third-party solution.

Sounds to me like you need the "fix" though. Just about everyone here who came in complaining about bass needed the fix. 90 percent of them report liking the system after the fix. The other 10 percent just like the big-ass bass. But even those folks say the fix made a huge difference.

The review video by Savagegeese comparing i4 and Pure RWD had a section for audio. Their impressions and results were pretty bad for Pure. I am assuming the review was on the base audio system (I am not fully sure though as reviewers usually get a loaded vehicle). But, I would be very much surprised if Lucid and Dolby engineers would miss out on such basic stuff such as harmonic distortion on their $2600 priced audio upgrade. But, I am surprised they didn't do a good job with base audio system if those harmonic distortions are evident.

Anyways, when I did a test drive I tried the base audio system in Lucid studio and it wasn't bad. You had to tune the bass high to get some good sound from them. The Lucid guy told me it still has two subwoofers.

The review video by Savagegeese comparing i4 and Pure RWD had a section for audio. Their impressions and results were pretty bad for Pure. I am assuming the review was on the base audio system (I am not fully sure though as reviewers usually get a loaded vehicle). But, I would be very much surprised if Lucid and Dolby engineers would miss out on such basic stuff such as harmonic distortion on their $2600 priced audio upgrade. But, I am surprised they didn't do a good job with base audio system if those harmonic distortions are evident.

Anyways, when I did a test drive I tried the base audio system in Lucid studio and it wasn't bad. You had to tune the bass high to get some good sound from them. The Lucid guy told me it still has two subwoofers.
I'll say this again; Search the forum.

We've been talking about this sound system for over two years. If it sounds really weak, THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR CAR. GET IT FIXED.

A good number of cars go out of the factory in need of this rather simple procedure. And it makes a world of difference.

And yes, the standard Surreal Sound system did have major issues when it was first released. But that was fixed ages ago in a software update.

Savagegeese compared the systems with literal graphs of the harmonic response. They prefered the i4 mathematically, but they did not say the Pure's system was "pretty bad." It's entirely possible their car also needed the fix as well.

I have been reading the other threads but am never sure who has the SS system vs. the Pro. For example, does the standard SS even have a woofer in the footwells? If so, mine isn't working.

That said, I have had the mobile support technician come out and replace the rear deck once and verify that the sound is as 'expected' It still has vibration/distortion in the rear shelf and basically zero bass in the front.
It sounds like I need to take it in again.

I have been reading the other threads but am never sure who has the SS system vs. the Pro. For example, does the standard SS even have a woofer in the footwells? If so, mine isn't working.

That said, I have had the mobile support technician come out and replace the rear deck once and verify that the sound is as 'expected' It still has vibration/distortion in the rear shelf and basically zero bass in the front.
It sounds like I need to take it in again.

I just took delivery of an air touring without SS pro and I'm on the same boat. Please keep us updated on this. Seems like we don't have any front woofers at all?

I just took delivery of an air touring without SS pro and I'm on the same boat. Please keep us updated on this. Seems like we don't have any front woofers at all?
I believe the base sound system still has the front woofers, but someone else will need to confirm that as I have Pro.

I believe what gets removed are all the height channels for Pro.

I believe the base sound system still has the front woofers, but someone else will need to confirm that as I have Pro.

I believe what gets removed are all the height channels for Pro.
Where abouts are the front woofers located ? I hear base at the front in my non-pro, but can't say I can see a woofer

Where abouts are the front woofers located ? I hear base at the front in my non-pro, but can't say I can see a woofer
They are in the front footwells. Plenty of pictures posted on other threads. Search some combo of: “woofer” “front footwell” “tape”

Back