Did Touring or Pure Production start?

phantomias

Has anyone seen the Bear's Workshop published at Youtube yesterday? Did anyone notice some Airs with metal roof?
I was wondering if Air Touring or Pure production started , since both trims had metal roof option.🤔

Attachments

• IMG_9978.jpg
    IMG_9978.jpg
    402 KB · Views: 142
No one here has reported getting a VIN assignment for either trim. My best guess was that the metal roofs are test cars. So, closer to production, but not quite yet? Who knows?

I think confirmations are supposed to start in July for Touring.

Has anyone seen the Bear's Workshop published at Youtube yesterday? Did anyone notice some Airs with metal roof?
I was wondering if Air Touring or Pure production started , since both trims had metal roof option.🤔
Don't hold your breath. They're either test runs or cars that will go to Studios

I am curious how many of us that ordered GT’s still have not received VINs yet……

I am curious how many of us that ordered GT’s still have not received VINs yet……
most of us.
if you look at the tracker, omitting CS and QG, the vast majority of people in the tracker have gotten their VINs. Lucid is up to 3/1/22 confirmations in the colors in "full" production.. If you add QG and CS, it's probably 50/50 (that's just eyeballing it cuz I'm not going to count).

if you look at the tracker, omitting CS and QG, the vast majority of people in the tracker have gotten their VINs. Lucid is up to 3/1/22 confirmations in the colors in "full" production.. If you add QG and CS, it's probably 50/50 (that's just eyeballing it cuz I'm not going to count).
All those who didn't confirm after 3/1 have not. But yeah. You are right.

You can’t omit the grey and silvers and say half have VINs. Grey (with red) is the most popular color and Lucid has a significant back log. For VIN assignments and deliveries. They are still working on the November confirmation batch so have a long way to go.

So they are parking preproduction cars uncovered outside in the elements?

It always seemed odd to me they would go to the trouble of final delivery in a covered trailer at great expense but leave the car exposed outside for days beforehand.

You can’t omit the grey and silvers and say half have VINs
Re-read the post - I think you haven't had your morning coffee yet.

"if you look at the tracker, omitting CS and QG, the vast majority of people in the tracker have gotten their VINs."
" If you add QG and CS, it's probably 50/50 (that's just eyeballing it cuz I'm not going to count)."

It's justified to omit CS since Lucid states availability isn't until Q3 (although people that ordered it early didn't know this) and I was illustrating that for the colors Lucid is producing, they have issued VINs for everyone up to March confirmations. The "grey delay" is well known on the forum and I, at least partially, understand your frustration as my wife is busy planning road trips (specifically with this car) and you haven't had the car for any of your planned trips.

In answering the question of "who doesn't have VINs yet?", it's important to understand the color issue and where Lucid is with each color. That's also what is being pointed out in my post.

they have issued VINs for everyone up to March confirmations.
They know how to issue VINs, they just don’t know how to convert them to deliveries.

Again, they are still working on November confirmation deliveries, let alone March. My point is that they are a LOOONG way from moving to delivering Tourings. My latest email is delivery in 10-14 weeks post VIN instead of 2-6, so November deliveries are still happening in July, perhaps even later. When to start Touring? Dont expect any earlier than Q4 unless Lucid finally gets their ‘stuff’ together. Perhaps not even early Q4. As for 12-14k delivery numbers this year? Forget about it.

They know how to issue VINs, they just don’t know how to convert them to deliveries.

Again, they are still working on November confirmation deliveries, let alone March. My point is that they are a LOOONG way from moving to delivering Tourings. My latest email is delivery in 10-14 weeks post VIN instead of 2-6, so November deliveries are still happening in July, perhaps even later. When to start Touring? Dont expect any earlier than Q4 unless Lucid finally gets their ‘stuff’ together. Perhaps not even early Q4. As for 12-14k delivery numbers this year? Forget about it.
I just got the email asking if I want to upgrade my Touring to a GT. That offer is only good until June 30. I’m assuming that’s because they are still planning to start confirming Touring orders sometime in July. Otherwise, why not make the offer until August or September? It’s more money to them, if my reservation is just going to sit there, anyway.

That would put the very early confirmations of Touring in the ballpark to get their cars around December, if the timelines stay similar to how they are now. IF they can avoid another 6-week bottleneck, that timeline may shorten. But the way their year is going, I wouldn’t count on a significant ramp up just yet. Although that is still very much possible, once they get the current backlog out to customers.

Production has to get faster eventually. It’s just a question of when.

Isn't June 30 the cutoff for Q2?

June 30 is the cutoff for keeping the old prices. You could still upgrade after, but you'll have to pay the $15k premium to do so.

As for 12-14k delivery numbers this year? Forget about it.

Tempering expectations, it’s 12-14k PRODUCED cars. Though, I don’t think they will hit that either since I believe your car is still “in production”.

You are so focused on Grey that you are ignoring what is happening with the 3 colors Lucid is able to deliver. Everything you state is absolutely true for grey. Based on the tracker, Lucid has a good understanding of how to convert VINs to deliveries for Black, Red, and White cars.

I think their attempts to ramp up production impacted quality and they have slowed down and are looking at the pain points for quality. It's a great sign for customers waiting for their cars to be assembled but a bad sign for meeting production target.

June 30 is the cutoff for keeping the old prices. You could still upgrade after, but you'll have to pay the $15k premium to do so.
To upgrade from Touring to GT, I don’t think it is the deadline to upgrade from Pure to Touring with old prices - correct?

I just got the email asking if I want to upgrade my Touring to a GT. That offer is only good until June 30.
I just got such an email from my SA. The email lists the benefits of a GT: increased range, massaging seats, and faster manufacturing, estimated at 5 months from order confirmation. But no mention of how much faster this would be than keeping my Touring reservation.

I just got such an email from my SA. The email lists the benefits of a GT: increased range, massaging seats, and faster manufacturing, estimated at 5 months from order confirmation. But no mention of how much faster this would be than keeping my Touring reservation.
It would depend on where you are on the Touring list. If you reserved two years ago or so, it won’t make much of a difference since you will be at the end of the GTs but at the beginning of the Tourings. They will likely arrive at about the same time. However, if you made your reservation yesterday, upgrading will have a huge difference in timing.

As an aside, it does put an interesting date for the first Touring deliveries. If a GT confirmed today won’t be delivered for 5 months, or the end of November, then one would not expect the very first Touring until that time, or very late Q4. And if that is the case, their actual 2022 production numbers may only be half of the already reduced estimates.

Back