Did Touring or Pure Production start?

It would depend on where you are on the Touring list. If you reserved two years ago or so, it won’t make much of a difference since you will be at the end of the GTs but at the beginning of the Tourings. They will likely arrive at about the same time. However, if you made your reservation yesterday, upgrading will have a huge difference in timing.

As an aside, it does put an interesting date for the first Touring deliveries. If a GT confirmed today won’t be delivered for 5 months, or the end of November, then one would not expect the very first Touring until that time, or very late Q4. And if that is the case, their actual 2022 production numbers may only be half of the already reduced estimates.
Yes...I suppose it is probably too much to expect that the email was personalized to my specific reservation date (July 2021).

The email said "manufactured" not "delivered" 5 months post order. Perhaps in 5 months, PDI will not take weeks.

A Q3 start for Touring production, as Lucid SAs have been stating is the current expectation - would indeed put the first deliveries in late Q4, consistent with the Lucid website.

I just got such an email from my SA. The email lists the benefits of a GT: increased range, massaging seats, and faster manufacturing, estimated at 5 months from order confirmation. But no mention of how much faster this would be than keeping my Touring reservation.
For me it didn't make any sense to upgrade. Keeping options apples-to-apples, my payment would increase by $500/mo (financing 100% including sales tax) on GT vs Touring. I didn't see the value.

Are they sending the upgrade solicitations out in batches, such that the most recent reservation holders were offered the upgrade earliest? Perhaps these people would be most likely to bite since they know they won't otherwise have a car until sometime in 2023.

@joec reported his upgrade solicitation on June 18, mine was received June 26. My reservation was made some 7 months before his. This close to the June 30 deadline might mean that they're now down to asking the earliest Touring reservation holders.

Are they sending the upgrade solicitations out in batches, such that the most recent reservation holders were offered the upgrade earliest? Perhaps these people would be most likely to bite since they know they won't otherwise have a car until sometime in 2023.

@joec reported his upgrade solicitation on June 18, mine was received June 26. My reservation was made some 7 months before his. This close to the June 30 deadline might mean that they're now down to asking the earliest Touring reservation holders.
Very interesting theory. It does make sense to figure the earliest reservation holders are the least likely to be tempted by an earlier delivery date. Especially since if they really do start simultaneous production in July, someone that early in the reservation list may in fact get a Touring first, anyway.

I’m guessing not. I got mine a couple weeks ago as well. I think they were just trying to catch as many upgrades as possible before the end of June expiration on historical pricing

“Earlier than you expected”
LOL, I’ve been waiting 2-1/2 years!

Back