Derek Jenkins, Senior Vice President of Design and Brand at Lucid Motors. 11/18/2022 to ask me anything on Reddit /r/Lucid

I can't control how fast Derek types =)

According to him:

"...we expect Apple CarPlay and SiriusXM to ship via OTA update by end of year."

"We are in development with a product beyond Gravity. It has always been our ambition to drive down market with a more high-volume and affordable product."

Is there a plan to support in the near future?
V2H Vehicle to Home bi-directional with external inverter to power entire home
V2G Vehicle to grid for those with solar power to charge the battery during the day and pump back excess to the grid at night
V2V CCS to CCS DC charging

Farther out crystal ball?
5G V2V Vehicle to Vehicle communications so that once car can broadcast its front camera, intent to brake, change lane, etc to the car behind
5G V2I Vehicle to Infrastructure where the car can read info broadcast by traffic lights, traffic signs and use it for Highway assist speed control, braking, etc
5G V2P Vehicle to pedestrian communications to warn people that the car is approaching or to sense that someone with a 5G phone is coming towards car

Do you see a solid battery in 10 years replacing the current batteries so that charging can be as fast as filling an ICE gas tank?

Is the car designed to upgrade the mother board and other modules as the technology matures?

And here comes another one, if EAs are unavailable, can I feed my Lucie with a regular, or an organic food only?
Aka, DeLorean/Back to the Future great scene?

Back