DER with cockpit display issue

Anil Saigal

Cars
'22 L-DER, '00 Jag XKR
DE Number
I am a new owner of a DER. It's a beautiful car inside, and out, and truly a joy to drive. I noticed that sometimes, when I enter the car into driver's seat, only the pilot panel and the right segment of the cockpit display panel light up. After the startup is complete, the center and left panels of the cockpit display remain dark. Pressing brake pedal has no effect, and the car won't respond to shift lever. You have to exit the car, leave the area, and come back for the displays to startup normally. Frustrating when it happened in someone's driveway after our visit. I see that several others have reported display problems, but none are exactly the same. Anyone experience this issue? The service wants to take the car and work on it at their site.

Attachments

• 20220404_231015_cr.jpg
    20220404_231015_cr.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 168
First time I've seen this. Usually it's the other way around. Definitely let them take it, probably a module that got corrupted. Expect a replacement. Ask for a loaner in the meantime because that fix is at least 5 days 1 day to diagnose, 2 days to get the module, 1 day to install, 1 day to test. Just my suggestion!

First time I've seen this. Usually it's the other way around. Definitely let them take it, probably a module that got corrupted. Expect a replacement. Ask for a loaner in the meantime because that fix is at least 5 days 1 day to diagnose, 2 days to get the module, 1 day to install, 1 day to test. Just my suggestion!
Thanks for your comments/advice. The service has been responsive on phone, so far, so good.

Got my LDE back from service about a week back and so far there is no evidence of blank center and left cockpit display panels. They said that the blank screen has been observed only in pre-production prototypes and is (likely) due to version updates not having propagated to all modules. They did a 12 Volt reset on the vehicle to force updates, just in case. The service did provide a loaner to get around in.

Just got email from my detailer telling me my displays are out. I'm supposed to pick-up the car tomorrow.

had the car a month now and haven't driven it yet. kinda suprised Lucid hasn't fixed this yet, as my car was just built.

here's the recall. yea, it's a big deal....driving blind anyone?

I don't know what to do now.... I don't want to drive without any info at all ??!! Do I just call Lucid and have to trucked to their shop in outer mongolia ?

Just got email from my detailer telling me my displays are out. I'm supposed to pick-up the car tomorrow.

had the car a month now and haven't driven it yet. kinda suprised Lucid hasn't fixed this yet, as my car was just built.

here's the recall. yea, it's a big deal....driving blind anyone?

I don't know what to do now.... I don't want to drive without any info at all ??!! Do I just call Lucid and have to trucked to their shop in outer mongolia ?
Do the screens come back if you let the car sleep for 15 minutes and then come back to it? There is a bug in 1.x software that causes this on some occasions.

Do the screens come back if you let the car sleep for 15 minutes and then come back to it? There is a bug in 1.x software that causes this on some occasions.
The method that worked for me was: Exit the car, close the door(s), lock the car by pressing center button once on the fob, walk away from the car, approach car with fob, open the door, wait for the cockpit and pilot displays to come on. Since 1.2.x updates, I haven't had blank displays.

Back