DEP 96 Turtle + Charge Port not opening + Wipers malfunction

PewPew

Verified Owner
Cars
Air DE-P, Model S
DE Number
I purchased this car just last week. Previous owner had put only ~300 miles on it. Got around to trying launch / doing some ... spirited driving and got hit with this lovely series of issues.

- Wipers randomly turned on and could not be turned off. Wasn't on auto, no rain etc.
- Charge port warning popped up, can't open charge port right now
- Turtle showed up. Speed limited to around 55 miles per hour.

Was fun for the 3 days I got to drive it 😭

I purchased this car just last week. Previous owner had put only ~300 miles on it. Got around to trying launch / doing some ... spirited driving and got hit with this lovely series of issues.

- Wipers randomly turned on and could not be turned off. Wasn't on auto, no rain etc.
- Charge port warning popped up, can't open charge port right now
- Turtle showed up. Speed limited to around 55 miles per hour.

Was fun for the 3 days I got to drive it 😭
What version of software is it on? If it’s not on 2.0.24 you need to get customer service to update your car. If it is, then have service check it out.

It's on quite old firmware still. Was slowly updating it. Contacted service, they're gonna try to check it out.

I agree with @borski. That is an older car and could have very old software. My DE-P is #185 and was delivered with version 1.0.4. Things have come a long way.

I just received this same grouping of errors this AM. Have a call into service. What was the outcome for you? BTW, I am on the most recent software....55 I think it is?

They ended up having to replace the front motor for this.

I do not! But PewPew is my usual gamer tag :D

Also, a few months later, I had another driver fault and had to get the entire battery replaced. Seems all good now, but was a journey

Ugh..... thanks for the news. I hope it's not that lengthy.

And yes, I guess it's a popular gamer name😁

Well, car got towed this morning and they will be looking over everything. Will update by next week. They told me at least a week.

Took a road trip and experienced this today. What a nightmare. Wipers wouldn’t stop. Charge door no longer opens automatically. Frunk wouldn’t open automatically either. Worst part is connected to EvGO DC fast charger and no communication with car. Car getting towed to service center. WTF.

When this happen to me. It was the cooling pump. It's connected to all those features you mention.

Back