Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
2022 Air GT: Cos/Cruz
DE Number
PXL_20240716_042034732.jpg

PXL_20240716_042018803.jpg
PXL_20240716_041947164.jpg

For a couple of week now, despite my "Liquid Deer Fence" spray and over 1000 ft of fencing: the mom has been jumping over the 6 ft fence to get to my sunflowers, hostas, and tomatoes. Two days ago I saw her in my tomatoes from the kitchen window and went out in a rage forcing her into a corner where she half-made it over ...
next day i saw the spotted yearlings I've been seeing following her since early spring ... just hanging out ... waiting for mom I guess

Pretty sure I saw them both at the last moment just before I turned into the neighborhood.

I've been fasting two days because I had a double-ended spectroscopic indignity procedure....something insurance companies demand of old people who don't die on schedule... first thing this morning. Took a nice nap and decided it would be nice to drive the Lucid after dark after rush hour in the cool evening. blam.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to see this happen, but the important thing is that you weren't injured. The car and the deer on the other hand... Yikes! At least it wasn't an elk, or it would have gone right over the hood and into the passenger compartment.

Sorry to hear this and to see the damage. Very glad you’re ok!

Glad you are okay!! It could have been worse - You could have killed a coyote - Ask AirDoll!!

Cosmo, I'm so sorry about your car and the deer. But at least you're fine. Hopefully it won't take too long to get it repaired.

I agree with the others that the important thing is that you are okay. Having said that, I have seen many cars totaled when they hit a deer (it is not uncommon here in Arizona). The damage to your car is fairly minimal. What speed were you driving at when your Lucid met its challenger?

PA…land of potholes AND deer. Sorry for you. I loaned my son my M3 over the week of the 4th while his car was getting its AC fixed and he tagged one near Schwenksville. ☹️

Cosmo, I'm glad you're okay, although it looks like the deer wasn't able to relate to that. Sorry to hear this happened. I definitely understand your frustration with deer intruding on your home garden, as the same thing has been happening to us over the past 5 years! Luckily, in our case, the deer weren't able to jump the backyard fence we recently installed... although the front lawn is another issue.

Have you tried wolf urine as a deer deterrent (yes, I am being completely serious)? We found that it worked the best in our case.

If you try this approach, Cosmo, be sure to attach the urine-catching bucket to the end of VERY long stick!
… we domesticated them once … if anyone could do it, I bet cosmo could talk them into it.

Oh no, sorry that happened to your car Cosmo! We are sure that it was a deer, yes? No blondes missing in your neck of the woods right? JK. Unfortunate for the deer, but even more unfortunate for the insurance claim on the front end of your car :( The darn wildlife on suicide missions are not good for our cars!

View attachment 21930
PXL_20240716_132128912.jpg

Of course it's 100 degrees F today, and that grill is stuffed full of deer guts and shit. Not going to park in garage tonight. The smell is ..... not good.

Over an hour on the phone with Liberty Mutual = no luck. Apparently they "can't find the policy". You can't do this on line either, and they will try to put you on the automatic system with only bad choices.
Why is the insurance industry so universally terrible? Why can't I file a claim on line ?

Anyone wanna guess how much it will cost? Wife is guessing $50k.

Back