deer

That's rough but the car took the hit pretty well and you appear to be no worse for wear. Unfortunately, since the parts are what they are (you break a clip, you need to replace the whole part), I'd think it's going to be at least $10k. But with that said, it appears to be straight head-on so that may limit the fallout.

Over an hour on the phone with Liberty Mutual = no luck. Apparently they "can't find the policy". You can't do this on line either, and they will try to put you on the automatic system with only bad choices.
Why is the insurance industry so universally terrible? Why can't I file a claim on line ?
How can they not find your policy?? You have the number, right?
I can access my policy online, but when we had the accident I did file the claim over the phone. Once it was set up, I could keep track of what was going on with it online as well as texting the person on charge of handling the claim.

Am I the only one expecting a relatively low figure? 15-20k for me.
The entire front of the car needs to be replaced. Hood, bumper and who knows what damage is hiding behind the bumper. Sensors may or may not be damages but either way it's all going to need to be recalibrated.

Cars hide damage very well these days.

Over an hour on the phone with Liberty Mutual = no luck. Apparently they "can't find the policy". You can't do this on line either, and they will try to put you on the automatic system with only bad choices.
Why is the insurance industry so universally terrible? Why can't I file a claim on line ?

Anyone wanna guess how much it will cost? Wife is guessing $50k.
At least $35k. Aside from parts, using a certified shop that has to dismantle, fit, reassemble, and then recalibrate and finish everything... the labor. My repair took 2 months and labor was the biggest charge on the repair bill.

View attachment 21931
Of course it's 100 degrees F today, and that grill is stuffed full of deer guts and shit. Not going to park in garage tonight. The smell is ..... not good.
Crap, @Cosmo Cruz I was trying to add a spoiler to your post so that people that didn't want to see the deer could avoid it, but I accidentally deleted your image. Please feel free to repost it and I will add the spoiler tag; the deletion was an accident.

Perhaps @hydbob or @Joe can recover the image somehow, too.

My guess would be $35k-40k personally. Best of luck with the claim and sorry this happened to you :(

Shoot! Glad your ok.
Living in the Midwest and spending a lot of time in UP I've somehow never hit a deer but did hit a cow on a motorcycle.
This and all the concussions in my youth are my go to excuse for exclusion from Mensa.

Wow. Hit a cow on a bike. You win.

No worries @borski , glad the image is gone.

Wife was teasing me about the $50k repair bill...don't think she's serious.

my loaner
1721174565276.jpeg

Flying to Chicago tomorrow to retrieve the kid's Miata. Gonna tow it back to Philly behind a U Haul. Will be looking for Lucids next few days. Wave if you see red Miata behind U Haul headed to Philly.

Flying to Chicago tomorrow to retrieve the kid's Miata. Gonna tow it back to Philly behind a U Haul. Will be looking for Lucids next few days. Wave if you see red Miata behind U Haul headed to Philly.
What gen? Red + Miata is a match made in heaven!

No worries @borski , glad the image is gone.

Wife was teasing me about the $50k repair bill...don't think she's serious.

my loaner
View attachment 21940
Back before I retired I had an inspection visit of a large, open pit copper mine. I was told that if one of these babies ran over a pickup truck, it wouldn't even know it had done so. Obviously, it was the pickup truck's job to avoid the loader. Replacement tires are shipped one at a time on large open back 18 wheelers and they barely fit. On the other hand, fuel efficiency is terrible! 😁

Back before I retired I had an inspection visit of a large, open pit copper mine. I was told that if one of these babies ran over a pickup truck, it wouldn't even know it had done so. Obviously, it was the pickup truck's job to avoid the loader. Replacement tires are shipped one at a time on large open back 18 wheelers and they barely fit. On the other hand, fuel efficiency is terrible! 😁
I would think it's gallons per mile, as opposed to the other way around!

I… what? How? I’m trying to picture that happening, and no offence, but its hilarious. 🤣
June 10th 1991 rounded a tight corner in a rural area of Wisconsin at a fairly high-rate of speed. A group of cows had wandered out onto the road. Some road rash, a concussion and a my beloved Ducati 851 totaled I was lucky. Unfortunately it was a life changing moment for one of my friends.

Back