Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
Screenshot_20221023-211928_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20221023-211937_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20221023-211944_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20221023-211951_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20221023-212005_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20221023-212014_Drive.jpg

Mmmm…. I’ve never gotten washer fluid warning, but I had to fill up fluid bc it wouldn’t spray. 🤔

Which light indicates a download is happening ?

What happens if the car is unlocked in the middle of a download or installation?

Should we be concerned about corruption of files and blacked-out screens just because we don't know the car needs to be left alone while it's screwing around with the software updates ?

Why does the car unlock itself for no apparent reason? Is there a light that indicates the owner can't control what happens next ?

Under what conditions does the car unlock ? Key fob I know, phone app I know. But what else? Something else is making my car unlock by itself. Last night I put everything in a Faraday cage, including my phone, walked naked into the garage and saw the door handles open. This happens way too often, and I know I locked the car because I have locked it after it happens...go away, come back and it's happened again. Should I be doing this (locking when I find the door handles deployed) or does that corrupt a download, and if so, how was I supposed to know this? I have never seen the car lock itself when I walk away with the fobs.

My car is connected to my router.

Will the car decide to unlock itself whilst I'm shopping at the mall ? Can I ever really lock the car at all ? Does the owner not have ultimate control over security ? Why am I the only one reporting this?

Does the owner have to rip the beating heart of these cars to make them be still ?

Last edited:
Owner's manual: " Your vehicle supports wireless software updates, giving you continued access to new features and improvements. Lucid recommends installing these updates as soon as they become available."

So the downloads are uncontrolable, but need to be physically approved by the owner for install? So my car has never done this. I guess I have no updates since delivery, because I have not seen any indication that anything software is or has happened, unless that indication is the screens going dark. Are blacked-out screens the indication that the car is talking to someone behind my back? Is the car shunning me? Is the car going to start with that: " It's not you, it's me." break-up shit? Asking for a Friend.

"During the update, you will not be able to lock or unlock the vehicle, access the screens, or drive."

whew. ok so the door handle thing is something else.

"When a software update becomes available, you should receive notifications in three ways: 1. A push notification will be sent to the Lucid mobile app. Note: This notification will only be received if push notifications are enabled on your mobile device. 2. A notification will display on the right Cockpit Panel when your vehicle is shifted into P (Park). If the update is not installed within 24 hours from the first notification, then notifications continue once per day..."

I connected my car to my router the first day and it seemed ok. I checked my phone app just now and push notifications are enabled. I have never seen a notification on the phone app or on the car screens. Can't now because don't have car screens. If the owner's manual is correct about this then I have no software updates since before 28 September 2022. None. But, I don't know because screens are black.

Ok I read the section on Software Updates and it seems I have NEVER received one, and I can't check or approve without the screens, although there are no notifications on my phone.

..should there be a notification of software updates on my phone since 29 Sept. 2022? Should I have seen it on my car before 14 Oct. 2022? (That's when I took the car to paint detail shop for these past two weeks). Do the software notifications on my phone app self delete? What am I missing ? I've checked my phone and everything is set correctly, although I can't find the "exact location" part...is that on the phone app, on the phone generally, or on the car itself?

I can't do any uninstall/ reinstall because the car screens are dead.

Are the door handles opening by themselves with no keys anywhere near the car a red herring? Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited:
Reading about the Wonderbox cover... looks like Lucid calls this the "underhood rear apron" and it is supposed to be removed for user serviceable bits:

"In order to be able to access some of the serviceable components on your vehicle, the under hood rear apron must be removed."
1. Lift the rear edge of the panel.
2. Release the ten clips securing the panel to the body.
3. Release and remove the access panel.

Installing the access panel

CAUTION: When reinstalling the under hood rear apron, make sure the panel is correctly seated, as it protects the internal components from water.

Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure."

This is harder than it looks, and installation is impossibly difficult. The clips are made of that brittle plastic car builders love, so expect them to snap off if you try this...mine has already lost one (likely happened at the detail shop because I can't find the broken end).

I still don't know why the detailer needed to access this but looks like it's no big deal, other than every time you do this you will lose another tab. So in addition to carrying 2032 batteries for the fobs we should carry a roll of duck tape for the "under hood rear apron".

Back