Deciding between Lucid touring, Tesla X, and Mercedes EQS

Ovfitbob

Cars
2016 Honda accord EXL
It looks like the first dream editions will be released at the end of October… hopefully!
I’m looking forward to the reviews from the new owners. This will help me determine which car to get.
My main issue with Tesla is poor customer service and quality issues. However my son has a Tesla model 3 with no issues after three years of driving.
Mercedes EQS 450+ is beautiful interior-wise, but probably not practical for me since I drive so few miles per year and probably too many accessories for me to ever use.
But all three car companies are still in consideration for me.
I’m patient. No rush especially when laying out a large amount of cash. In the meantime I’ll just keep driving my 2016 Honda accord V6 which has been issue -free since buying new.

I drive a 2016 Tesla Model S, which I bought new. I have a deposit down on the Lucid Touring (not the Grand Touring) and I have been trying to find out when it will be out. Lucid is very secretive about their production plans. I have seen in an article or two a mention of Spiring, 2022, but I would like to hear a more certain reply from Lucid.

It looks like the first dream editions will be released at the end of October… hopefully!
I’m looking forward to the reviews from the new owners. This will help me determine which car to get.
My main issue with Tesla is poor customer service and quality issues. However my son has a Tesla model 3 with no issues after three years of driving.
Mercedes EQS 450+ is beautiful interior-wise, but probably not practical for me since I drive so few miles per year and probably too many accessories for me to ever use.
But all three car companies are still in consideration for me.
I’m patient. No rush especially when laying out a large amount of cash. In the meantime I’ll just keep driving my 2016 Honda accord V6 which has been issue -free since buying new.
I’m a long time Tesla owner. 2015 S and 2018 X. I have a deposit on a Lucid Air Grand Touring.
I think Tesla missed the boat on interior styling. The models now to me seem dated. The S and X hadn’t really changed much in a decade except for tweaks. I don’t like the screen on all their current models. I do prefer the pre-refresh screen.
If you sit in a Lucid, you won’t consider Tesla anymore.
I’m saying that as a TSLA shareholder for over 7 years and owner since 2015.

The new Tesla screen is one thing, but the looney MS steering wheel would be the dealbreaker for me.

The new Tesla screen is one thing, but the looney MS steering wheel would be the dealbreaker for me.
I agree about that dumb steering wheel. Why put that in a sedan or SUV?
If you’re interested in a very low mileage 2018 Model X 100D long range with FSD and all options, let me know.

If you’re interested in a very low mileage 2018 Model X 100D long range with FSD and all options, let me know.

Several times during out tenure with owning Teslas we've considered switching to a Model X to get a roomier second row. However, we were always stymied by the lack of a center armrest, cupholders, and any storage pockets in the second row. When we got our Model S Plaid, in which all these things were added to the back seat, I assumed the Model X update would bring the same amenities to its rear passengers. To my surprise, it did not. (But it did manage to add that annoying yoke steering.)

The notion that Tesla would call the Model X a sport utility vehicle is ludicrous (no pun intended), given that second row passengers have no place to put a beverage, a cell phone, sun or reading glasses, or anything else people typically take with them in cars.

Although I have lived with similar compromises myself in order to drive a high-performance EV when Tesla was the only act in town, I still find it amazing that Tesla catches so little market blowback from its bizarre approach to interior ergonomics.

Tesla owner here, don’t let the media portrayal of Tesla’s quality issue steer you off course. My 2013 Model S is nearing 150,000 miles with minimal issues. Software works great and I’ve never been happier with a car. After 8 years, my car has only lost 7% charge. I’m so satisfied with my Model S that my family also owns two model 3s which is a great car. I also have a Cybertruck in order and will likely purchase their Roadster as well. As for customer satisfaction, Tesla has been ranked #1 year after year, even beating out Porsche who ranks number two, here’s the link:

The reason you may hear negativity through news media outlets about tesla is because they don’t advertise, and since the media gets paid through ads, they’re incentivized to bash Tesla. Let’s put it this way, Tesla recently became Britain’s top selling car (beating out gasoline vehicles as well), this can only be explained through customer satisfaction and word of mouth. Look no further than your family’s model 3, and listen to their reviews.

As for Lucid, I would wait 2-3 years to see how well their batteries hold up before buying. GM’s EV the Bolt has batteries issues bc they catch on fire, and has halted production. Porsche is going through similar issues per reports by a Porsche engineer whistle blower, VW ID3 is suffering as well from software. Resolving software is no cakewalk. Go with the proven champ and wait it out on others. However, if you have lots of dough then you can afford to roll the dice.

Teslas catch on fire too as evidenced by the many videos showing fires in progress or the aftermath. The Bolt hasn’t cornered the market for battery fires.

As for Lucid, I would wait 2-3 years to see how well their batteries hold up before buying.
You didn't wait that long when you bought your 2013 Tesla. And I didn't either when I bought my 2012 Tesla. I wouldn't be scared of Lucid battery packs out the door. Lucid with its Atieva division has powered all the Formula E cars for many years and seasons. They have experience in stressing battery packs and this experience has translated into the battery pack for the Lucid Air.

Tesla owner here, don’t let the media portrayal of Tesla’s quality issue steer you off course. My 2013 Model S is nearing 150,000 miles with minimal issues. Software works great and I’ve never been happier with a car. After 8 years, my car has only lost 7% charge. I’m so satisfied with my Model S that my family also owns two model 3s which is a great car. I also have a Cybertruck in order and will likely purchase their Roadster as well. As for customer satisfaction, Tesla has been ranked #1 year after year, even beating out Porsche who ranks number two, here’s the link:

The reason you may hear negativity through news media outlets about tesla is because they don’t advertise, and since the media gets paid through ads, they’re incentivized to bash Tesla. Let’s put it this way, Tesla recently became Britain’s top selling car (beating out gasoline vehicles as well), this can only be explained through customer satisfaction and word of mouth. Look no further than your family’s model 3, and listen to their reviews.

As for Lucid, I would wait 2-3 years to see how well their batteries hold up before buying. GM’s EV the Bolt has batteries issues bc they catch on fire, and has halted production. Porsche is going through similar issues per reports by a Porsche engineer whistle blower, VW ID3 is suffering as well from software. Resolving software is no cakewalk. Go with the proven champ and wait it out on others. However, if you have lots of dough then you can afford to roll the dice.

I follow the Porsche chatline closely. The Porsche engineer whistle blower that he refers too has been proven to be a completely false narrative, and all the allegations were proven to be not true. Be careful what you read. The above author has not done his homework.

I follow the Porsche chatline closely. The Porsche engineer whistle blower that he refers too has been proven to be a completely false narrative, and all the allegations were proven to be not true. Be careful what you read. The above author has not done his homework.

Do you have a link?

Teslas catch on fire too as evidenced by the many videos showing fires in progress or the aftermath. The Bolt hasn’t cornered the market for battery fires.

All vehicles catches on fire, most of the fires I’ve read about in regards to Tesla has to do with accidents. But when the Bolt is catching on fire while charging or when parked on many occasions, there’s a problem. I’m have no quarrel with cars catching on fires during an accident. And no, the Bolt is far from being ready for prime time.

Here is a link to the Tesla Forum with all the problems people are having with their new Model S.

Battery fires, major software issues, battery replacements. Sounds like a bunch of lemons.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/thr...sh-issues-thread.232656/page-161#post-6274300

Of course there are problems with cars, it’s a machine. Where I’m getting at is customer satisfaction, it still dispel the fact that tesla is #1 for four years straight. By the way guys, how do you delete your account. I find this forum a bit closed minded.

Of course there are problems with cars, it’s a machine. Where I’m getting at is customer satisfaction, it still dispel the fact that tesla is #1 for four years straight. By the way guys, how do you delete your account. I find this forum a bit closed minded.
Haha, love it.

"Here's some evidence to the contrary of what you have to say."

"You guys are close minded! Stop presenting evidence against my assumptions!"

fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.u2.jpg

This is beginning to look like the Tesla forum where short sellers, posing as ‘new members’, would come up with innovative scare stories as to why it was impossible for Tesla to survive.

Ladies & gents, be on the lookout. ;)

Tesla Model 3 was #2 in the UK

Bolt fires where the result of their prismatic cells having 2 different manufacturing defects.

Lucid uses 2170 cells like Tesla Model Y/3 and Rivian. Inherently better for heat dissipation.

Back