Dashboard appearance of Dream Drive Pro

ajroxstar

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I have DD Pro on my Touring. I noticed on my car during Highway assist or Adaptice cruise I only see my car in a center single lane and the car In front of me on my lane. I don’t see any other cars in adjacent lanes. I came across a YouTube video from Lucid on DD pro. It clearly shows other vehicles in adjacent lanes and also trucks.
Is my Dream drive Pro broken? Or is what they are showing in the YouTube video fake? Maybe future DD Pro will look like this… just wanna see what others are seeing in their cars.

Attachments

• IMG_6682.webp
    IMG_6682.webp
    10.3 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_6683.webp
    IMG_6683.webp
    43.1 KB · Views: 214
I have DD Pro on my Touring. I noticed on my car during Highway assist or Adaptice cruise I only see my car in a center single lane and the car In front of me on my lane. I don’t see any other cars in adjacent lanes. I came across a YouTube video from Lucid on DD pro. It clearly shows other vehicles in adjacent lanes and also trucks.
Is my Dream drive Pro broken? Or is what they are showing in the YouTube video fake? Maybe future DD Pro will look like this… just wanna see what others are seeing in their cars.
That is a concept video, yes. This has been brought up on the forum before - it's weird that the video shows something that isn't (currently) real, but it's not all that surprising when marketing videos like this are farmed out to another company. You're not missing anything though.

Lucid used to have that image of adjacent lanes on their website. Current DDPro does not have that function so I assume it is at least planned. Maybe it is part of Highway Pilot or Traffic Jam assist.

Dreams (for LUCID) is right. KIA has this display, and lane changing, and all roads, and no annoying beeps and alarms to put your hands on the wheel.

It's embarrassing to LUCID owners...

It is planned.

Dreams (for LUCID) is right. KIA has this display, and lane changing, and all roads, and no annoying beeps and alarms to put your hands on the wheel.

Cool. Feel free to go and drive the Kia if it has all the features you want. I very much enjoy driving my Lucid, which will eventually get all the same features.

I’m certainly not embarrassed to be driving the best car on the planet, so your mileage may vary.

They don't want to incorporate too many beeps so they can keep the learning curve flat for the thief that steals it.

It is planned.
In our lifetime? How long do we need to wait? Many other car companies have far surpassed Lucid in this area. What exactly are they waiting for? Why can't they share their product road map so we can understand what is happening (in reality NOT happening) and when we can expect the promises made?

Perhaps we need to band together to get Lucid's attention? Perhaps we should request refunds of our $10,000, PLUS:
1. $10,000 for the lack of vehicle to home functionality
2. $5,000 for the lack of Android auto (the Lucid software use the Android operating system, go figure)

I guess we should thank our lucky stars as we now have an off button for our lights!!!

Why can't we have some simple, yet useful displays button, like a compass and garage door button?

In our lifetime? How long do we need to wait? Many other car companies have far surpassed Lucid in this area. What exactly are they waiting for? Why can't they share their product road map so we can understand what is happening (in reality NOT happening) and when we can expect the promises made?

Perhaps we need to band together to get Lucid's attention? Perhaps we should request refunds of our $10,000, PLUS:
2. $5,000 for the lack of Android auto (the Lucid software use the Android operating system, go figure)

I guess we should thank our lucky stars as we now have an off button for our lights!!!

Why can't we have some simple, yet useful displays button, like a compass and garage door button?
Yes, in your lifetime.

All of your posts recently have become increasingly negative and aggressive. What bug is up your butt?

Is Lucid missing some of their 'promised' items? Sure. But they recently announced that AA is coming this fall. I'm guessing UX 3.0, which I imagine will be out this Fall or Winter, will add a huge amount of functionality.

I'd say take a chill pill and enjoy the damn car. If you don't like it, sell the thing.

All of your posts recently have become increasingly negative and aggressive. What bug is up your butt?

Is Lucid missing some of their 'promised' items? Sure. But they recently announced that AA is coming this fall. I'm guessing UX 3.0, which I imagine will be out this Fall or Winter, will add a huge amount of functionality.

I'd say take a chill pill and enjoy the damn car. If you don't like it, sell the thing.
Actually an interesting question... How many of the recent 18 month leases intend to re-up? What will lucid do to retain these customers, or does it not matter?

Lucid service told me that this feature will be implemented as soon as you sell your car. 😀

It is an evolving technology. As has been said many times on this forum, one should not identify a single feature and then say something like "well, my Chevrolet has this so why doesn't the Lucid?" That is not a useful comment as one rarely buys a car for a single feature.

Coming from a software engineer with many years of experience, there's always a learning curve especially when you're trying to implement it on new hardware. Add to the fact that you need to be extra careful & conduct through testing on something that carries a person's life in it; it'll take some time. I'd rather feel safe knowing something has been thoroughly vetted than driving using rushed code. There's a lot of features and requests but not everyone can be pleased immediately. It'll take time and it's going to require some patience. To be honest, Lucid is basically a new company and they're building their way up from scratch. We can't exactly compare them to Ford, GM, etc since they've been in the field significantly longer. If you want a better comparison, do it with Tesla year by year. From my personal perspective, the Lucid Air is one of the best cars I've ever driven, period. Nothing in all my life has been as fun, comfortable & enjoyable. Is the software lacking? Sure, but I've seen the incremental features they've been adding and have the patience to see this car transform into something better every update.

Coming from a software engineer with many years of experience, there's always a learning curve especially when you're trying to implement it on new hardware. Add to the fact that you need to be extra careful & conduct through testing on something that carries a person's life in it; it'll take some time. I'd rather feel safe knowing something has been thoroughly vetted than driving using rushed code. There's a lot of features and requests but not everyone can be pleased immediately. It'll take time and it's going to require some patience. To be honest, Lucid is basically a new company and they're building their way up from scratch. We can't exactly compare them to Ford, GM, etc since they've been in the field significantly longer. If you want a better comparison, do it with Tesla year by year. From my personal perspective, the Lucid Air is one of the best cars I've ever driven, period. Nothing in all my life has been as fun, comfortable & enjoyable. Is the software lacking? Sure, but I've seen the incremental features they've been adding and have the patience to see this car transform into something better every update.
I agree that they can’t be compared to Ford, GM etc. and besides they may do or have something better than the Lucid and vice versa.

What has irked me the most with DDPro is not the fact that a bunch of promises were made and they haven’t delivered but the fact that a bunch of promises were made and they took money from owners and haven't delivered. It’s a completely different scenario and if you’re going to take money for something then you need to deliver. This can easily be compared to Tesla, whilst people have paid for “FSD” and are yet to realize they’ll probably never get true “FSD”, Tesla has done a good job a adding and enhancing the suite as time has past.

I was considering the Touring but by time I optioned it up with things like DDPro it made sense to hand over some extra $$$ to gain the HP, Miles etc. Had I have known Lucid was going to take years to do anything with DDPro I probably wouldn’t have purchased it and stuck with the Touring.

I was never expecting Level 3 driving to be delivered in 12 months but what I was expecting were things like auto lane change, etc. to be well and truly delivered by now. It’s been what? 2 to 3 years and nothing.

Lucid took money for something that clearly was nowhere near ready for prime time and people can defend them all they want in here but they could at least show some owners some common decency and send a communication about what’s going on. You can’t take money from people and then just go silent. It’s completely disrespectful and especially to those who took a gamble on Lucid.

And before anyone chimes in and says “you shouldn’t buy based on promises” most car companies that make these future promises aren’t taking cash upfront. Like I said, it’s a completely different ball game when you’ve asked for $10K

I agree that they can’t be compared to Ford, GM etc. and besides they may do or have something better than the Lucid and vice versa.

What has irked me the most with DDPro is not the fact that a bunch of promises were made and they haven’t delivered but the fact that a bunch of promises were made and they took money from owners and haven't delivered. It’s a completely different scenario and if you’re going to take money for something then you need to deliver. This can easily be compared to Tesla, whilst people have paid for “FSD” and are yet to realize they’ll probably never get true “FSD”, Tesla has done a good job a adding and enhancing the suite as time has past.

I was considering the Touring but by time I optioned it up with things like DDPro it made sense to hand over some extra $$$ to gain the HP, Miles etc. Had I have known Lucid was going to take years to do anything with DDPro I probably wouldn’t have purchased it and stuck with the Touring.

I was never expecting Level 3 driving to be delivered in 12 months but what I was expecting were things like auto lane change, etc. to be well and truly delivered by now. It’s been what? 2 to 3 years and nothing.

Lucid took money for something that clearly was nowhere near ready for prime time and people can defend them all they want in here but they could at least show some owners some common decency and send a communication about what’s going on. You can’t take money from people and then just go silent. It’s completely disrespectful and especially to those who took a gamble on Lucid.

And before anyone chimes in and says “you shouldn’t buy based on promises” most car companies that make these future promises aren’t taking cash upfront. Like I said, it’s a completely different ball game when you’ve asked for $10K
I'll bite on this and say I bought DDPro because of everything else besides the self driving crap like pedestrian alerts and cross traffic stuff

I'll bite on this and say I bought DDPro because of everything else besides the self driving crap like pedestrian alerts and cross traffic stuff
At the end of the day I’m putting it down to lesson learned, albeit a pricey one. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. So in that regard, I won’t be making the same mistake with the Gravity should I decide to get one.

I also believe if companies are going to take money for future enhancements then they need to be held accountable legally should they not deliver by some form of regulation or something.

Back