Damage to front lower bumper

The car has a lot of glitches and issues. Don’t get me wrong … I am in love with the car, but for the high price, it’s crazy that we are not being looked after. Lease prices are decreasing while we are paying premiums and can’t even get a $30 a day loaner provided? I just think it’s bad business to upset a good customer for a couple hundred s dollars when the bought a $168k vehicle. I was told in writing I would be reimbursed and now it was just taken back. Not the right path forward… they need to do better

They told me this after the accident, so I feel this should be honored l. I’m hoping they fix it fast so I don’t need a loaner.

Naturally this kind of thing only ever happens at the beginning of a weekend, when everything is closed and no one is available until Monday.

Yeah, unfortunately the pool of loaner vehicles is still small, so you won't always get lucky enough to get a loaner. In that case, they used to allow you to rent a car for up to $100/day for reimbursement, but I've heard they have stopped this program. Unfortunate if true.
They picked up my AT from the DFW area this week to take it to Houston for some warranty repairs and my annual maintenance. They estimated a week, unless it needs to go to a third party body shop for some damage to the left rear quarter panel. In any event they didn't have loaners but told me to get a "reasonable" rental and submit expenses for reimbursement. Sounds like the rental program is still in effect.

They picked up my AT from the DFW area this week to take it to Houston for some warranty repairs and my annual maintenance. They estimated a week, unless it needs to go to a third party body shop for some damage to the left rear quarter panel. In any event they didn't have loaners but told me to get a "reasonable" rental and submit expenses for reimbursement. Sounds like the rental program is still in effect.
Lucid should not be putting it on you to define "reasonable". Lucid should get the rental, pay for it, and provide it to you as a loaner. That is what my BMW dealership did for me during the pandemic when vehicles were in short supply. A master agreement with Hertz, Enterprise, etc.

Lucid just contacted me and they are going to give me a loaner today!!!! I am so happy to be heard and that they are going to take care of me. Things are looking up!
This is the second post I have seen today where the OP complained about the service and a bit later there was a significant and positive change. I wonder if Lucid is monitoring this forum more closely these days.

This is the second post I have seen today where the OP complained about the service and a bit later there was a significant and positive change. I wonder if Lucid is monitoring this forum more closely these days.
Lucid does monitor the forum but @mcr16 usually comments when he helps out. So the other possibility is that Lucid is actively working to try and improve service for everyone and we see miss steps getting corrected without intervention.

If you ask me, a loaner or a rental for a non-warranty repair is above and beyond the call of duty. Audi didn’t provide a rental for me when someone smashed my window many years back. My insurance company did.

Tried to actually delete some comments because I showed frustration way too soon. If there is a moderator that can delete the comments about me being upset with Lucid.. I would love that, I spoke too soon.

Lucid Miami Service Center came through today and I have to say that I am incredibly impressed.

They drove 45 minutes to my house to drop off a loaner vehicle and the loaner vehicle is a GT. This is more that I expected, but it's the service that will move this company to the top in the next few years. I hope they continue to show this care to their customers because the car is next level and more people need to experience it.

It's been a frustrating weekend, but this made me feel super appreciated and took away all of my stress. Thanks to Israel and the Miami Service Team.

Attachments

• IMG_9952.JPG
    IMG_9952.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 78
Tried to actually delete some comments because I showed frustration way too soon. If there is a moderator that can delete the comments about me being upset with Lucid.. I would love that, I spoke too soon.

Lucid Miami Service Center came through today and I have to say that I am incredibly impressed.

They drove 45 minutes to my house to drop off a loaner vehicle and the loaner vehicle is a GT. This is more that I expected, but it's the service that will move this company to the top in the next few years. I hope they continue to show this care to their customers because the car is next level and more people need to experience it.

It's been a frustrating weekend, but this made me feel super appreciated and took away all of my stress. Thanks to Israel and the Miami Service Team.

I’m really happy they did right by you. Our local Southern California service centre also provided me with a loaner (Air GT), when they needed to keep my car for several days. When my car was ready to be returned, they drove my car 110 miles south to my home in San Diego, and took back the loaner once my car was returned. White glove service to be sure. My wish and my hope is that ALL Lucid customers get to experience this, wherever they are.

Lucid does monitor the forum but @mcr16 usually comments when he helps out. So the other possibility is that Lucid is actively working to try and improve service for everyone and we see miss steps getting corrected without intervention.
There's at least one more Lucid employee monitoring the forum.
This person had contacted me and I verified with our SC that this person is truly with Lucid.

If you ask me, a loaner or a rental for a non-warranty repair is above and beyond the call of duty. Audi didn’t provide a rental for me when someone smashed my window many years back. My insurance company did.

Again, I think there is a distinction between a non warranty repair done by Lucid and a non warranty repair done by a third party body shop. In my experience, luxury dealers will provide a loaner for the former but not the latter (and I agree that they should not be asked to provide a loaner in that circumstance).

Ok, it's been a week. I got the estimate back today. $7,665.62 for labor and parts just to replace the lower stealth trim pieces and the pump assembly. I am actually shocked that they need to replace 18 parts but the parts came out to only $2,300 and the labor is $5,140! Honestly the labor costs on this are pretty excessive for the work. They are charging $500-$1000 to put on each piece of trim when it's kind of all the same piece (but I'm not an expert).

The real question is the line item for the Service Bear Decal Install? Do I get another bear decal?

Yea, I personally think the repair costs on this car are ridiculous, but it appears they may be universally ridiculous. The Lucid repair shop closest to me is in Hickory, NC. The repair cost to just replace the rear bumper cover was in the $12-$14k range with some "labor adjustment" accounting for almost half of that. The only parts were the bumper cover and a piece of bumper cover insulation. My insurance company was not the one paying.

Ok, it's been a week. I got the estimate back today. $7,665.62 for labor and parts just to replace the lower stealth trim pieces and the pump assembly. I am actually shocked that they need to replace 18 parts but the parts came out to only $2,300 and the labor is $5,140! Honestly the labor costs on this are pretty excessive for the work. They are charging $500-$1000 to put on each piece of trim when it's kind of all the same piece (but I'm not an expert).

The real question is the line item for the Service Bear Decal Install? Do I get another bear decal?
Yeah, labor is expensive for these things partially because the people who work on them go through special training at Lucid HQ in CA in order to get certified to work on them. I imagine it may not be that way forever? But labor rates for other luxury manufacturers are also absurdly high, so who knows.

Feel free to ask questions about every item on there - bear decals are supposed to be free, lol, so even if you are getting one there should be no charge for it 😂

Yeah, labor is expensive for these things partially because the people who work on them go through special training at Lucid HQ in CA in order to get certified to work on them. I imagine it may not be that way forever? But labor rates for other luxury manufacturers are also absurdly high, so who knows.

Feel free to ask questions about every item on there - bear decals are supposed to be free, lol, so even if you are getting one there should be no charge for it 😂
Lucid repairs are at least double the cost of "other luxury manufacturers". I had to have similar work on my wife's Mercedes that was a fraction of the cost. I also just had to replace the driver's side front corner of her car after she hit a deer. I am talking body work (bent fender), replacing the grill, headlight, grill frame, radiator, radiator fan, front bumper cover, multiple interior support parts, etc. and the cost was just barely over what I paid just to replace the Lucid rear bumper cover. And I was without each car for a similar amount of time.

If the more expensive repair work is really true and this is just the "normal" for Lucid, it will eventually get reflected in the insurance rates for these cars, so don not be surprised with constant increases year over year.

There is no way to sugar coat the repair costs on these vehicles and I am not trying to make Lucid look bad for it. What I am hoping pointing this out does is educate the potential buyer so they know as much as possible going into making a large purchase decision. I was outright shocked when I saw what the other driver's insurance company, GEICO, was having to pay for damage that was minimal and you really had to know it was there to see it.

Lucid repairs are at least double the cost of "other luxury manufacturers". I had to have similar work on my wife's Mercedes that was a fraction of the cost. I also just had to replace the driver's side front corner of her car after she hit a deer. I am talking body work (bent fender), replacing the grill, headlight, grill frame, radiator, radiator fan, front bumper cover, multiple interior support parts, etc. and the cost was just barely over what I paid just to replace the Lucid rear bumper cover. And I was without each car for a similar amount of time.

If the more expensive repair work is really true and this is just the "normal" for Lucid, it will eventually get reflected in the insurance rates for these cars, so don not be surprised with constant increases year over year.

There is no way to sugar coat the repair costs on these vehicles and I am not trying to make Lucid look bad for it. What I am hoping pointing this out does is educate the potential buyer so they know as much as possible going into making a large purchase decision. I was outright shocked when I saw what the other driver's insurance company, GEICO, was having to pay for damage that was minimal and you really had to know it was there to see it.
There's other damages and quotes in other parts of the forum where it wad actually very reasonable.

The reason why it's so expensive is because everything is so compact and miniaturized in the front area of the Lucid around the trunk which probably leads to more excessive labor and time to take everything apart and put it back together.

And it only make sense to compare other vehicles of they're on the same price range, so unless that Mercedes is an S Class or something, that comparison to me doesn't mean much.

Ended up having to take my AT to the Lucid Certified Body Shop in Dallas. In talking with their Lucid Certified insurance estimator I asked what does it take to become a Certified Body Shop. In addition to having send maintenance technicians to training at HQ as Borski pointed out, he also indicated that they have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars buying Lucid designed / built repair and test equipment. He showed me a GT on a rack that had been in their shop for nearly a month because they were still waiting for a repair fixture that was on order. Made me appreciate what has go into becoming certified....

There's other damages and quotes in other parts of the forum where it wad actually very reasonable.

The reason why it's so expensive is because everything is so compact and miniaturized in the front area of the Lucid around the trunk which probably leads to more excessive labor and time to take everything apart and put it back together.

And it only make sense to compare other vehicles of they're on the same price range, so unless that Mercedes is an S Class or something, that comparison to me doesn't mean much.
My comparison is for a Lucid rear bumper cover only vs. a much, much more involved GLS 450 front-end repair. I saw what they took apart on my Lucid and there was absolutely no comparison. There was nothing intrusive that they had to do with the Lucid, they had it apart in a day. They sent me pics of it taken apart. Only parts purchased on the Lucid were the bumper cover, the small trim pieces on the outside of the bumper and a piece of insulation. Part of what took so long to repair was actually getting to the vehicle and verifying they only needed those few parts. It was a week to start taking it apart, one day to get it apart, three weeks to get the parts in, another week to actually get back to the car, another week to redo the PPF as they had to transport the car from Hickory, back to Charlotte for PPF, back to Hickory for inspection and then I had to drive to Hickory to pick up the car. I was able to monitor the location of my car and it was very, very clear when the car was inside the shop vs parked in their lot.

It may actually just be the Lucid approved shop here in NC taking advantage of the situation. The labor "plug" in the billing was a big red flag when I looked at the billing, but I guess GEICO did not have an issue with it. Like I said, not my insurance paying for it.

As far as price range, it really doesn't hold true as the same repair on a Pure would not have cost any different and the GLS 450 is in the same price range as a Pure. I also had a similar repair on my M5 where it was actually hit at a low speed almost head on by a high school student not paying attention, replaced the front bumper cover and headlight. The cost of that was around $3k and the work involved quite similar to the Lucid at 25% of the cost. Also at a similar price point.

I disagree with your assessment and we can leave it at that.

Ended up having to take my AT to the Lucid Certified Body Shop in Dallas. In talking with their Lucid Certified insurance estimator I asked what does it take to become a Certified Body Shop. In addition to having send maintenance technicians to training at HQ as Borski pointed out, he also indicated that they have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars buying Lucid designed / built repair and test equipment. He showed me a GT on a rack that had been in their shop for nearly a month because they were still waiting for a repair fixture that was on order. Made me appreciate what has go into becoming certified....
Also mentioned they were supposed to be getting their camera calibration system in a few weeks, which could eliminate the need to take the car to Houston for camera related recalibration...

Back