Lower Bumper Damage

Papa Red

Verified Owner
Well, Lucy is no longer 100% perfect- we have our first ding. The lower front bumper must have hit something (do not recall any incident) and now has a hole. It is not too noticeable, and we can probably live with it as long as the fact it is a hole doesn't cause any concern with water getting inside and behind whatever is there. Hopefully, this is a separate piece from the rest of the bumper and replacement would not be too big of a deal. Since the car sits so low to the ground, I suspect this lower bumper is always going to take some damage.
IMG_2704.jpg
IMG_2703.jpg

Is there any chance this would be covered by warranty.

oof that stinks. I think it is a separate piece. Covered under warranty though? Not a chance.

oof that stinks. I think it is a separate piece. Covered under warranty though? Not a chance.
Theoretically, it could be a warranty item but only if the reason for the hole was a failure in the item to perform per spec. That would require a detailed analysis of the material. Hardly cost effective and probably would only confirm the OP's conclusion that the OP must have hit something.

I see framing for the bumper in the hole pictured so I would not worry about repair until maybe it starts to gnaw at you cosmetically.
At speeds over 130mph, you may feel a slight pull to the left ;)

LOL. Thanks for the input. (I have not even tried sprint mode yet . . .)

Doesn't seem like a real number. I don't think there are even sensors mounted to it, just a plastic cover basically.

Who gave you the number?

Yes, that is an actual estimate from a Lucid certified body shop. I don't necessarily want to share too much information here, for a couple reasons. The main one is that I still love the car and do not want to leave any negative impressions. Two is that my insurance claim, although approved, is still not finalized. We are awaiting parts delivery and the actual repair. Anyway, the challenge is that there is a plastic "front module" that spans across the entire front of the car just behind the bumper. Everything- lights, sensor, cameras, whatever, is bolted and secured to this one piece of plastic. The attached picture (not my car but from the body shop I am using) kind of shows what I am talking about. Whatever hit me in the parking lot (I am thinking snow plow) punched up through the protective lower cover and damaged the lower right corner support of this module which now has to be replaced.

I highly recommend not getting hit in your front end. (I also highly recommend not buying a Bentley which was on the lot of my body shop and which had a dented rear right corner panel with a repair estimate of $95,000. The stamped piece of aluminum corner panel itself cost $18,000.)

Cheers

front end.jpg

Back