Dallas to Greenville SC via Daytona

Washing the car today, I discovered a bulge on the side wall of the driver front tire.
is Lucid replacing this for you and they are claiming warranty on it? looks like this is a common complaint with the 21" tires. i hope Lucid finds a replacement soon.

is Lucid replacing this for you and they are claiming warranty on it? looks like this is a common complaint with the 21" tires. i hope Lucid finds a replacement soon.
Unknown till they come out. They replaced the first one NC as Pirelli covered the tire and Lucid the labor.

Pulled into planned charge point at 12%. The only Level 3 is in use. Plugged into level 2. What a waste of time. 6kW so maybe 5.5 net. I need to be min 30% to get to next EA charger. 4 hours Charge time at this rate. The BMW iX on the fast charger is at 88% and pulling 22kw. Will probably be a 20-30 minute Wait.

90 degrees outside
72 degrees AC
85 cruise
Was at 3.0 miles kWh for most of the way, average dropped to 2.9 between 30% and 12%

295.3 miles 100 kWh.
Superchargers usually kick you off when you reach 80%, then start charging you idle fees and spamming your app with warnings to move the car. Is “Charge Point” (or whatever network you were using) not like that?

Incredible that at a busy location they would allow one person to hog the resources. Let’s start enforcing some discipline through peer-pressure.

Next time, let the air out of his tires.

Superchargers usually kick you off when you reach 80%, then start charging you idle fees and spamming your app with warnings to move the car. Is “Charge Point” (or whatever network you were using) not like that?
Fortunately Electrify America is not like that, it is generously let Lucid to be there idle without charge.

Please keep in mind that I make no effort to maximize range, Forrest just ran, I just drove.
I like your Lucid Air name.
I don’t try to maximize either on long distance drive. I know it’s already crazy enough to be the highest range EV on the road. I’m just happy to charge less. I will need to try maximize degenerative brake feature to see how much it can truly gain. I have 21” tires as well.

Fortunately Electrify America is not like that, it is generously let Lucid to be there idle without charge.
I really hope they do change that. I think it’s a terrible policy (I understand EA applies idle fees to other brands that have free charging allowances). I’m sure the vast majority of owners would do the right thing and move the car once charging is done but there will always be some that make full use of that perk for their own convenience. That’s going to become really problematic since the growth in EV sales is outstripping growth in charge stations

Are all the bulges reported on the 21” on the outside, inside or either side of the tire?
Someone posted 3 weeks ago or so with an inside bulge on 21s that was discovered by Lucid when being serviced.

I really hope they do change that. I think it’s a terrible policy (I understand EA applies idle fees to other brands that have free charging allowances). I’m sure the vast majority of owners would do the right thing and move the car once charging is done but there will always be some that make full use of that perk for their own convenience. That’s going to become really problematic since the growth in EV sales is outstripping growth in charge stations
I agree. I think there is also disclaimer somewhere EA can alter agreement any time during the 3 years period.

Pretty sure that is Lucid covering idle fees and not EA waiving them. Could be wrong though!

Range and over all performance I don’t think anything beats the Lucid. I know the arguments for the Plaid. It nags at the portion of my brain that wants to believe Lucid will get better that the car was released with no Car Play when the majority of new car buyers in the US list that as a must have. Music and Nav very important to almost everyone. You can only connect Bluetooth sources, no music from usb. The Bluetooth functionality is lacking compared to any other car I’ve driven including rentals. The music interface is unusable while driving. The “apps” like tidal implementation is also lacking. The Nav is not that good and no volume or mute. Homelink is horrible. Except the Nav these are for most people every time functions. The lack of attention to detail in these areas worries me. Also, I can’t have nav up top and music on the pilot screen or vis versa. Has to be all Nav or all music. That’s just stupid. I’m very interested in the first update that makes interface improvements.
I just joined the forum. I agree with everything you've said in your post. I am beyond frustrated with the infotainment system. and I have never been so frustrated with Homelink in my life. this is my first EV. however, I rented a Tesla Model S Plaid this last weekend, and I was very surprised with how well the software worked - it just worked. I even programmed my Homelink to it, and it work seamlessly. the fact that the screens cannot do more than one thing at a time is also frustrating. I have happy to be a member in the forum now and hope to learn more from all of you.

I just joined the forum. I agree with everything you've said in your post. I am beyond frustrated with the infotainment system. and I have never been so frustrated with Homelink in my life. this is my first EV. however, I rented a Tesla Model S Plaid this last weekend, and I was very surprised with how well the software worked - it just worked. I even programmed my Homelink to it, and it work seamlessly. the fact that the screens cannot do more than one thing at a time is also frustrating. I have happy to be a member in the forum now and hope to learn more from all of you.
Welcome. I think most if not all of the owners are really looking forward to an update the makes some UI improvements. So far the updates have been mostly bugs and stability.

Realistically, there is no way that Lucid can readily catch up with Tesla on the software side. Eventually, sure, but not for some time. So if the software is a controlling issue for someone on a purchase decision, Tesla would be the way to go. But no car or car company is close to perfect so buying a car is a matter of matching shortcomings and benefits with your desires and making a decision based on that. For example, i am a BMW owner and love the way BMWs drive. I test drove the BMW IX and loved the interior and the way it drove. But it was just so ugly (IMO) that I had to give it a pass. But if your tastes are different from mine, then it might be a good car for you with more mature software than Lucid (BMW has been making some kind of electric car since 2013).

As Tammany Hall politician George Plunkett said at the turn of the 20th century: "Youse pays your money and youse takes your chances".

Tesla also has been thru issues with HomeLink in the past. Like @Steveinarizona said, no car is ever perfect, at least Tesla came out with OTA update where Lucid dearly follows that format. The onboard software is just always enhancing as you own the car unlike the legacy auto-makers.

Realistically, there is no way that Lucid can readily catch up with Tesla on the software side. Eventually, sure, but not for some time. So if the software is a controlling issue for someone on a purchase decision, Tesla would be the way to go. But no car or car company is close to perfect so buying a car is a matter of matching shortcomings and benefits with your desires and making a decision based on that. For example, i am a BMW owner and love the way BMWs drive. I test drove the BMW IX and loved the interior and the way it drove. But it was just so ugly (IMO) that I had to give it a pass. But if your tastes are different from mine, then it might be a good car for you with more mature software than Lucid (BMW has been making some kind of electric car since 2013).

As Tammany Hall politician George Plunkett said at the turn of the 20th century: "Youse pays your money and youse takes your chances".
I had a chance to drive the iX also. I liked it and the software was what you would expect from BMW with all that implies. I’m also BMW fan. The performance and range of the Lucid is in another league from the iX.

Back