• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Off-Topic CyberTruck is now in showrooms

I was there yesterday for 25 min. For the time I was there, 1/2 of them never owned EV, but came to Delivery Center to check out that truck. They think it’s stupid, but then, they got interested in Model-3 and Model-Y in the showroom and staffs were taking down phones # and email addresses.
They are going to kill it with the refresh model three. An advertising campaign ticket to to get people in the show rooms. I was in the San Diego store and it took almost an hour just to get through the line.

Last edited:
I just watched the live stream. What a sh*t show. These specs(especially range) are middling for a LOT of money. I can see 75 percent of people cancelling their reservations..
75% cancellations
Which means they will only have about 500k orders to keep them busy for the next three or four years. Imagine if gravity can manage 500K that would be monumental.

I get the impression the cybertruck is a toy, like an Ariel Atom.

It's a 3rd or 4th car kind of thing imo.

I haven't been good enough this year for Santa to drop that off. 😢

More specs ... I'd still take a Gravity over this abomination!

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 1.18.25 PM.png

That is 250 kW charge speed, not battery size
Yes, that was what I meant, sorry about that. I don't know much about battery and electrical stuff, but is kwh only used for the size of battery or is it charging as well?

Also, does anybody know what the actual battery size is?

Yes, that was what I meant, sorry about that. I don't know much about battery and electrical stuff, but is kwh only used for the size of battery or is it charging as well?

Also, does anybody know what the actual battery size is?
A kWhr is a measure of energy. The energy stored in the battery, the power bill for your house, the energy it takes to drive 100 miles, etc. A kW is a measure of instantaneous power, the power being used by the electric motor. Looking at the units, you can see that energy is power multiplied by time (kW * hr = kWhr).

CT is even lighter than my R1S.

I had to read a bit more about this, and MAN OH MAN, what a terrible outcome for Tesla. Basically, didn't accomplish anything they had promised and the worst part is no 800v architecture and no 4680 structural pack. This is seriously a s*@tshow. Bodes well for the Gravity though =)

I had to read a bit more about this, and MAN OH MAN, what a terrible outcome for Tesla. Basically, didn't accomplish anything they had promised and the worst part is no 800v architecture and no 4680 structural pack. This is seriously a s*@tshow. Bodes well for the Gravity though =)
There is an 800v system.

Thats the part that nobody knows. Maybe just to increase efficiency instead of charging speeds? Its a weird choice…
Did they announce 800v or is that still from before?

There was a slide on their presentation that said 800v during the unveil, so yes.
I stand corrected about my previous statement and makes you wonder then why their high voltage architecture charges slower. So they can deliberately delay rolling out V4 superchargers because they can make the tech work?

Back