Custom Order for Air Touring - Conflicting Delivery Expectations

ErinTheBlack

Reaction score
I ordered an Air Touring 75 days ago and was informed to expect production “sometime in October.” However, I have not received any proactive updates regarding my order. When I inquired, my Sales Associate indicated he had no visibility into production timelines but reiterated the expectation of an October delivery.

Recently, I escalated my concerns to a Sales Manager, who explained that an order does not guarantee vehicle production, describing it instead as a “wish list.” This has left me perplexed, especially considering that I have placed a deposit and received a Reservation Confirmation (details below).

I would like to know if my experience is unique and if there are any ways to gain further insight into the production status of my vehicle and its expected timeline.

I am quite disappointed with this experience, especially as I chose Lucid for its reputation as a premier brand with a promising product.

Thank you for sharing your experience and/or guidance

Attachments

• Order Summary.webp
    Order Summary.webp
    74.2 KB · Views: 48
Sorry to hear about your experience - that's definitely abnormal from my time here on the forums and as an owner myself. Lucid will definitely make you right - looping in @mcr16.

I ordered a 2025 Touring... Got a call: They had a factory run with a bad batch of batteries so they have to swap batteries ... "In Production" is something of a black hole. If they were smart they'd add photos of your car along the process...

a Sales Manager, who explained that an order does not guarantee vehicle production, describing it instead as a “wish list.”
This caught my attention, since I’m on the verge of ordering “just what I want” on an Air Pure, and am ready to wait the 3-4 months…..but fully expecting I’ll receive a car that matches my order (including accepting that one of my chosen options automatically triggers one I wouldn’t choose, but am OK with this reality)

Do explicit orders truly fall prey to the dreaded “85% match” of the Available Cars game? Or is this an aberration?

This caught my attention, since I’m on the verge of ordering “just what I want” on an Air Pure, and am ready to wait the 3-4 months…..but fully expecting I’ll receive a car that matches my order (including accepting that one of my chosen options automatically triggers one I wouldn’t choose, but am OK with this reality)

Do explicit orders truly fall prey to the dreaded “85% match” of the Available Cars game? Or is this an aberration?
Only one data point, but I ordered and got exactly what I wanted. Most people who have Lucids had the same experience. I will admit that there were fewer options back then but no reason to settle.

That was NOT what I was told/discussed when I placed my factory order. Expectation: I would get exactly my choice of features/options/colors/etc. My sales person tried to match with inventory, and after the matches weren't OK with me, we placed a factory order.

I ordered a 2025 Touring... Got a call: They had a factory run with a bad batch of batteries so they have to swap batteries ... "In Production" is something of a black hole. If they were smart they'd add photos of your car along the process...
You were very lucky to receive a call - proactive notification is something that my order is lacking, unfortunately. I wish you the best with your new vehicle when it arrives. Thanks

Back