Cosmos prototype

A mechanical door lock wouldn’t be reliant an an electronic signal to be sent from the handle to the car to unlock the vehicle.
Right, but isn't the locking/unlocking issue that door handles aren't presenting (i.e. the car has not unlocked)? Likewise with the car not locking when people walk away? That doesn't get fixed with mechanical door handles.

If the issue was that an unlocked car was not recognizing door handle pulls, then yes, mechanical door handles would solve that.
 
In think from the OoS review Kyle said the front bumper light no longer goes all the way across like it does on Air and Gravity. So I think

View attachment 38916

Is the most likely render. Which is pretty awesome actually if true.
I hope that's not the actual front end. That screams Model Y to me.
 
I hope that's not the actual front end. That screams Model Y to me.
I can help save you some sanity, ignore any AI-generated image because AI doesn't have any inherent understanding of engineering or automotive design. It's only meant to spit out what it has already seen before.

And since the Cosmos is something none of us have seen before, all AI-rendered images are just going to steal looks from other already existing cars.
 
Right, but isn't the locking/unlocking issue that door handles aren't presenting (i.e. the car has not unlocked)? Likewise with the car not locking when people walk away? That doesn't get fixed with mechanical door handles.

If the issue was that an unlocked car was not recognizing door handle pulls, then yes, mechanical door handles would solve that.
Agreed. What people mean is door handles that don’t hide and are always present.
 
Mechanical handles rely entirely on physical linkages and keys, offering durability and reliability without batteries or power. Electronic handles use motors, keypads, or biometrics to operate locks, providing convenience, activity logging, and remote access, but require power and can fail during lockouts.

Lucid (and every vehicle) has mechanical backup (pull back twice, hard) for the door locks, but some folks are asking for the “good old days” of just a physical locking mechanism.
 
Lucid (and every vehicle) has mechanical backup (pull back twice, hard) for the door locks, but some folks are asking for the “good old days” of just a physical locking mechanism.
True but limiting the backup system to inside the vehicle is part of the problem. And I think you meant opens not locks.
 
Ok I couldn't help myself, but used some fancier prompting. But damn I have to say....
 

Attachments

  • Lucid_Cosmos render.webp
    Lucid_Cosmos render.webp
    83.7 KB · Views: 192
I hope that's not the actual front end. That screams Model Y to me.
I think the render looks way better than the Y ever has.

But I do think the front lightbar is gone from a couple different journalists who saw it.
 
When it comes out in the showroom, I'm going to insist they give me the keyfob so I can test the car out.
What makes you think there will be a fob?
 
Didn't they announce during Investors day that the doors are in fact mechanical on Cosmos? Pretty sure I remember that.
 
Also, this thread is a great demonstration of just how far away we are from Ai creating convincing images. Yikes, some of these are just terrible.
 
Mechanical handles rely entirely on physical linkages and keys, offering durability and reliability without batteries or power. Electronic handles use motors, keypads, or biometrics to operate locks, providing convenience, activity logging, and remote access, but require power and can fail during lockouts.

Lucid (and every vehicle) has mechanical backup (pull back twice, hard) for the door locks, but some folks are asking for the “good old days” of just a physical locking mechanism.
I’m glad Lucid is giving what customers want, imagine Musk doing that- he gives us fart sounds, yoke steering wheel and takes away indicators, radar and lumbar adjustment for passengers.
 
Didn't they announce during Investors day that the doors are in fact mechanical on Cosmos? Pretty sure I remember that.
I thought they announced that they weren’t hidden handles, not that they were mechanical. But I don’t remember for certain.
 
I thought they announced that they weren’t hidden handles, not that they were mechanical. But I don’t remember for certain.


Derek says it here.
 
Back
Top