Confirmed: Android Auto coming this fall!

Sorry but I have to ask/comment on this....let's please have WIRELESS AA...not wired...there it's out in the universe now..
It will almost certainly be wireless. No reason I can think of to limit it to wired, given CarPlay has been wireless from day one.

Next improvement. Google Maps instead of HERE maps please.

Very good point. My wife's Ioniq 6 has a wireless charge pad and wired Android Auto. :rolleyes:
Honda is the same way. Wireless charging, but have to connect wire for AA or Carplay.

Yay can we also get the garage door buttons moved to the left side of the drivers panel? ;)

…so the rear camera does not block it…

1000011660.webp

But once you have AA, you won't need that.
If they will implement AA properly with full functionality:
* if AA maps will be able to show navigation information on the instrument panel
* if AA maps will have access to the car status, so AA maps will be able to navigate you trough chargers taking into account SoC

If they will implement AA properly with full functionality:
* if AA maps will be able to show navigation information on the instrument panel
* if AA maps will have access to the car status, so AA maps will be able to navigate you trough chargers taking into account SoC
I’d imagine the turn by turn will be on the panel, like CarPlay.
I’d imagine the SOC won’t transfer, like CarPlay.

Yes. It is only one way from maps/nav on the phone to display and audio in the car. You need Android Automotive built into the car to get the SoC and even control HVAC in the car. Lucid has no plans that I know of to use Android Automotive OS or even Google Maps for Lucid Nav.

Yes. It is only one way from maps/nav on the phone to display and audio in the car. You need Android Automotive built into the car to get the SoC and even control HVAC in the car. Lucid has no plans that I know of to use Android Automotive OS or even Google Maps for Lucid Nav.
When I recently saw Peter speak, he said that they are sticking with the HERE mapping system.

In the United States, fall typically begins with the autumnal equinox and ends with the winter solstice:
  • Autumnal equinox
    The first day of fall, which marks the beginning of longer nights and shorter days. The autumnal equinox usually occurs on September 22 or 23, but can sometimes fall on September 21 or 24. In 2024, the autumnal equinox will be on Sunday, September 22.
  • Winter solstice
    The shortest day of the year, which marks the end of fall and the beginning of winter. In 2024, the winter solstice will be on Saturday, December 21.

Fall is typically considered to be the months of September, October, and November in the Northern Hemisphere.

I guess technically until Dec 21 start of winter it is still fall. So let us give Lucid time to focus on 2 4.4 rollout and Gravity. Those of us who badly wanted AA got carlinkit anyway.

I guess technically until Dec 21 start of winter it is still fall. So let us give Lucid time to focus on 2 4.4 rollout and Gravity. Those of us who badly wanted AA got carlinkit anyway.
I'm going under the assumption that Lucid is less chaotic than some of its competitors and that programmers tasked with Android Auto aren't getting constantly yanked off the project to work on unrelated ones, but I would imagine that there might be some overlapping areas where they might be pulled off during a big roll out. This roll out seems to be back on target, and Android Auto is supposedly in the testing phase, so I don't expect it to throw a monkey wrench into the works. That being said, with a very rough time frame given to us, it's not enough to even speculate whether it will make a difference.

I'm going under the assumption that Lucid is less chaotic than some of its competitors and that programmers tasked with Android Auto aren't getting constantly yanked off the project to work on unrelated ones, but I would imagine that there might be some overlapping areas where they might be pulled off during a big roll out. This roll out seems to be back on target, and Android Auto is supposedly in the testing phase, so I don't expect it to throw a monkey wrench into the works. That being said, with a very rough time frame given to us, it's not enough to even speculate whether it will make a difference.
Also they could be separate teams. Since they basically said fall. it is a 3 month window which just started. So, we have to wait at least till the middle of fall perhaps mid November before we think that they are late in AA.

Back