Concerns for Gravity

My understanding from talking to a sales advisor is that they will open orders in late summer (July/August) with first deliveries in October to reduce the wait between order to delivery. In this time period they will roll out their test-drive Gravity versions across many studios. The Sales advisor was told to expect to follow a similar delivery strategy as the air: Dream Editions first, followed by their "GT" version and so on to the base version. This may mean base reservation holders could wait awhile.. I'm hopeful their factory improvements translates into less wait for customers!
Any insight on trim pricing?

If the Gravity doesn't have Android Auto, dash cam and satellite radio antenna, I'm not buying!

My understanding from talking to a sales advisor is that they will open orders in late summer (July/August) with first deliveries in October to reduce the wait between order to delivery. In this time period they will roll out their test-drive Gravity versions across many studios. The Sales advisor was told to expect to follow a similar delivery strategy as the air: Dream Editions first, followed by their "GT" version and so on to the base version. This may mean base reservation holders could wait awhile.. I'm hopeful their factory improvements translates into less wait for customers!
That is an EXTREMELY short timeline. When are DE owners expected to confirm according to your SA, if given? I think this could be the latest edition of "rep BS."

If the Gravity doesn't have Android Auto, dash cam and satellite radio antenna, I'm not buying!
One less person to fight for one now!

One less person to fight for one now!
No one is fighting for a Lucid now. They won't be fighting for a Gravity a year from now if Lucid has crappie software.
Also learned a lesson paying full retail.

No one is fighting for a Lucid now. They won't be fighting for a Gravity a year from now if Lucid has crappie software.
Cool. I guess you did learn a "lesson." If you thought that price was unfair, you shouldn't have paid it.

And I agree with you, the Lucid is a steaming pile of trash and they will go bankrupt in -1 years. Don't order the Gravity! One more place ahead for us, I guess...

Last edited:
Pomoxis_nigromaculatus1.jpg

This is a wild crappie. I don't know how you make software out of this, but at least it's kind of pretty and doesn't taste bad.

Couldn't help myself.

My wife and I had a chance to visit the Pasadena Lucid Studio. We could not attend the opening when the executives were in town last weekend. The Gravity is on display through this week, but they do not allow anyone to touch it or get inside. It was a beautiful green exterior with a new interior color palette called Yosemite. The pics do not do it justice. IMO, it looks like a minivan in the pics. In person, it strikes the signature Lucid shape, with elegant lines and certain curb appeal. I spoke with a Lucid Market Leader, Derek (not Jenkins), and he confirmed that the online configurator will open up to the public in late summer, and deliveries will take place in the 4th quarter (likely end of the quarter). He did confirm that existing Air owners will get priority in ordering, but he could not tell me which versions would be among the first to deliver. I would expect the DE to be first to roll out. He also confirmed that it will deliver with NACS charging with the connection located at rear driver’s side. Although, the demo model had it’s connection at drivers’s front end like the Air. He also mentioned that the Gravity will be available as 5 and 7 seat options, and not aware if 6 seats will be a future option. The 3rd row in the demo was up and appeared more spacious than our previous XC90. The frunk was in loveseat configuration and drew some attention off the street, but again no one could test it. My family is on the market for a 3 row SUV, particularly for my wife. We love driving our Air, so there’s a strong possibility that we will become a dual Lucid household. Fingers crossed that Lucid can deliver a Gravity Touring by 1st quarter in 2025.

Software isn’t that bad, does Tesla have apple carplay, does it have rear cross detect mitigation or 360 camera. Lucid software is much better than you say….

View attachment 21221
This is a wild crappie. I don't know how you make software out of this, but at least it's kind of pretty and doesn't taste bad.

Couldn't help myself.
It does seem kinda fishy that the reservation>delivery time is so short! Also, am I the only one who would rather not eat a fish called a "crappie?"

Software isn’t that bad, does Tesla have apple carplay, does it have rear cross detect mitigation or 360 camera. Lucid software is much better than you say….

Does Tesla allow you to play music sticks in its USB port?

Does Tesla's software-based automatic gear selector work even half the time?

Does Tesla allow you to display separate satellite maps simultaneously allowing you to be zoomed in and zoomed out and to display both compass direction and direction of travel. (It may sound superfluous, but I have found it very handy when navigating in high-density areas to a tucked-away business.)

We've owned Teslas for nine years (currently have a 2021 Model S Plaid) and a Lucid for two and a half. Although the first 10 months with Lucid's UX 1.0 was software hell, things began improving rapidly with UX 2.0. At the point, I'd take the total control suite (software / physical buttons) of the Lucid over the Tesla any day. The Lucid is simply an easier car to operate for both driver and front seat passenger than the Tesla.

After driving the Lucid, I have come to hate Tesla's turn signal buttons instead of stalks, its screen-based gear selector, its aggravating climate and vent controls, its passenger volume control, trying to park it without the birds-eye display . . . .

It does seem kinda fishy that the reservation>delivery time is so short! Also, am I the only one who would rather not eat a fish called a "crappie?"
I actually commend Lucid for shortening the time from reservation to delivery. The faster people are able to get the car after ordering, the better in my opinion. Especially given that the deposits are basically nothing in relation to total cost of the car.

My wife and I had a chance to visit the Pasadena Lucid Studio. We could not attend the opening when the executives were in town last weekend. The Gravity is on display through this week, but they do not allow anyone to touch it or get inside. It was a beautiful green exterior with a new interior color palette called Yosemite. The pics do not do it justice. IMO, it looks like a minivan in the pics. In person, it strikes the signature Lucid shape, with elegant lines and certain curb appeal. I spoke with a Lucid Market Leader, Derek (not Jenkins), and he confirmed that the online configurator will open up to the public in late summer, and deliveries will take place in the 4th quarter (likely end of the quarter). He did confirm that existing Air owners will get priority in ordering, but he could not tell me which versions would be among the first to deliver. I would expect the DE to be first to roll out. He also confirmed that it will deliver with NACS charging with the connection located at rear driver’s side. Although, the demo model had it’s connection at drivers’s front end like the Air. He also mentioned that the Gravity will be available as 5 and 7 seat options, and not aware if 6 seats will be a future option. The 3rd row in the demo was up and appeared more spacious than our previous XC90. The frunk was in loveseat configuration and drew some attention off the street, but again no one could test it. My family is on the market for a 3 row SUV, particularly for my wife. We love driving our Air, so there’s a strong possibility that we will become a dual Lucid household. Fingers crossed that Lucid can deliver a Gravity Touring by 1st quarter in 2025.
A rear charging port. If true, having viewed the Tech Talk on the Wunderbox, it will be interesting to see (future Tech Talk) why the change from the Air and how.

A rear charging port. If true, having viewed the Tech Talk on the Wunderbox, it will be interesting to see (future Tech Talk) why the change from the Air and how.
My assumption is in order to reach Tesla superchargers more easily.

Back