Con Edison Smart Charge Rewards

doughertz

Cars
Lucid Air Pure, Maserati
I just got my Lucid Air and went to update my Con Edison Smart Charge Rewards program from my Tesla to this car only to find out that Lucid is not supported by the program! And neither is my old Tesla wall charger. So now my energy is 50% more expensive ($.30/kwh vs $.20/KWH). I'm pretty unhappy about this. If you are in the NY Con Edison utility, or Orange and Rockland utility, the program rebates you $.10/kwh for charging from midnight to 8 AM and gives you bonuses fro not charging during summer daytime hours, etc. It can save you hundreds a year. Please everyone complain to Lucid and have them get their car registered in the program ASAP.

I just got my Lucid Air and went to update my Con Edison Smart Charge Rewards program from my Tesla to this car only to find out that Lucid is not supported by the program! And neither is my old Tesla wall charger. So now my energy is 50% more expensive ($.30/kwh vs $.20/KWH). I'm pretty unhappy about this. If you are in the NY Con Edison utility, or Orange and Rockland utility, the program rebates you $.10/kwh for charging from midnight to 8 AM and gives you bonuses fro not charging during summer daytime hours, etc. It can save you hundreds a year. Please everyone complain to Lucid and have them get their car registered in the program ASAP.
Sounds like you need to complain to Con Edison, not Lucid.

That's strange that it's vehicle specific. The SDGE program is just hourly based, doesn't matter what car you're charging or what appliance you're running. After midnight, the price drops significantly to use electricity.

Sounds like you need to complain to Con Edison, not Lucid.
Its a sub program run by an outside firm. They need software input from Lucid to be allowed to read the charging data.

Sounds almost like our inability to get a clean pass in NY for the HOV lanes, despite almost all other EVs qualifying despite their lower efficiency.

Its a sub program run by an outside firm. They need software input from Lucid to be allowed to read the charging data.
Ahh. That's a big ask. To divert development time on a small team for a random program that only effects one small region of the country? Seems like a poorly thought-out program by this third party.

Still, doesn't hurt to bug Lucid about it. I just wouldn't hold my breath on them getting it done quickly.

I think they simply need to open their API. Nearly every other car company is on the list.

I think they simply need to open their API. Nearly every other car company is on the list.
There’s nothing simple about opening an API.

Followup: So I 've had a few more conversations with them. This is an integration that Smart Charge needs to do on their end. No current timeline. We all need to request this from them so they will prioritize it. Right now if you use a level 2 charger that's on their list, they can view your charging that way and credit you. Unfortunatley I already haev a tesla wall cahrge that works fine so I have no motivation to do this. The math is upside down. Maybe 3,000 KWh/yr charging at a rebate of $.10/KWh only gives $300/year so why buy a $500 or more charger, then pay to install it when in all likelihood they will have it integrated within the year. Worth keeping in mind if you are in teh progra area and looking to install a charger. Check on their list first.

Back