Common Known Issues

DevTech

Cars
Touring
My AGT is going in for service tomorrow. It has door alignment issues that are causing significant noise problems. Are there any common known issues that I should ask to be checked while the car is in for service? I am aware of (and have) the issue with the passenger side vanity mirror not staying up. Thanks for any recommendations of things I should check.

Ideally, a non-backlogged good service department will be aware of the common issues and either ask if you've experienced any of them or check them for you. As a service department, they see the common issues, and for their own benefit, if they address them without being asked, they may eliminate a future service call. If they're slammed already, you can still ask what they're seeing as common issues and begin a discussion.

Fogged mirrors. I washed them... but it seems they are fogged all the time. Sometimes based on the light it is not so bad, but a lot of times it is very disturbing.
Is this just my car or anyone else having this issue?

Attachments

• foggedMirror.jpg
    foggedMirror.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 109
Fogged mirrors. I washed them... but it seems they are fogged all the time. Sometimes based on the light it is not so bad, but a lot of times it is very disturbing.
I did have this issue. The mirrors seem to be prone to having hard water and road grime adhere especially well. I tried cleaning it myself and had limited success. When I had the ceramic applied at Protective Film Solutions, the shop had a special cleaner that removed it very well, then they applied the ceramic to the mirrors directly. Haven’t had the problem since.

Try making a solution of equal parts vinegar and water to clean the mirror. Mix the solution well, spray it on being careful not to get a lot of overspray, wipe it off with a microfiber cloth, rinse with water and then dry it with a clean cloth. That should help cut the fog.

The few times I've seen fog on my mirrors and front side windows, I popped on the front defrost mode for a few minutes, and it cleared it right up.

The few times I've seen fog on my mirrors and front side windows, I popped on the front defrost mode for a few minutes, and it cleared it right up.
Yup, that was my first thought. Usually fogging on side mirrors will clear up very quickly with the heating elements activated. I'd guess those mirrors are tied to the front defroster.

My GT has the same issue. Service has replaced the mirrors twice and this problem develops within a week. Anyone else having this issue?

yes, I had the same issue, the service team replaced it with a new one. it is better but in certain light conditions, especially bright light, it still that haze... tried everything to remove it, no success

I did have this issue. The mirrors seem to be prone to having hard water and road grime adhere especially well. I tried cleaning it myself and had limited success. When I had the ceramic applied at Protective Film Solutions, the shop had a special cleaner that removed it very well, then they applied the ceramic to the mirrors directly. Haven’t had the problem since.
I received my car on Tuesday. Not only are my rear view mirrors like this but my entire front canopy is. I purchased pro clean water spot remover off Amazon and after an awful lot of elbow grease the front windshield is spotlessly clear. I still need to do the side mirrors and the actual canopy and rear moonroof. It’s just a lot of work!

I wonder what causes it? I’ve never had a car come from a manufacturer with this level of contamination. I’m wondering if it has to do with so much inventory building up that the cars have been outside for an extended period of time.

Back