Colorado

Yeah- we talked a little several months ago. But even though I keep checking, there hasn’t been a CO posting since early march. Seems odd- maybe we mountain types like to keep to ourselves… (but why buy a Lucid if you don’t want attention?)

Question for Colorado owners!
(So I have a hard time believing that there aren’t more CO people on this forum) But… question for the locals: We’ve had our AGT since October, and aside from the some minor glitches, the car’s been great. The local service techs were terrific, and I was told (ny them) to make contact directly with any issues. But… apparently they (Mel and Tom-Peder) are both gone. Now, trying to get anything done is a whole lot more cumbersome and time-consuming. They’re still using the 2-stall garage at Nylunds Auto Body, despite (according to the Denver Studio) delivering hundreds of cars in CO. Anyone have any comments about recent service?
Unfortunately, I don't have any real answers for you. Just empathy.

I had to have a window switch replaced recently. When it finally came in, I was still dealing with Christina (in Seattle?) The technician who came to my house (in Aurora) two weeks ago to install it was great. He said he was actually from Utah, and just spending the week here doing jobs in the metro area. He even spent some extra time problem-solving a glitchy frunk opening, but eventually had to just submit a report on it. I'm not holding my breath for a quick turnaround on that one. But, like you, I am really enjoying my car (Touring), so I'm granting them quite a bit of grace on these (so far) relatively minor issues. I do hope they get a shop here soon.

(As an aside, the technician and I had a seemingly candid conversation while he worked. Pretty bright guy. He's a fairly senior technician recruited from Mercedes Benz and had some really positive opinions of Lucid Motors from the inside - compared to the other place(s) he's worked. For whatever that's worth)

(As an aside, the technician and I had a seemingly candid conversation while he worked. Pretty bright guy. He's a fairly senior technician recruited from Mercedes Benz and had some really positive opinions of Lucid Motors from the inside - compared to the other place(s) he's worked. For whatever that's worth)

Very cool, I think it's worth a lot. A great corporate culture is not a guarantee of success, but much harder to do without. Especially now when employees are not willing to endure crap like we did decades ago. Thanks for posting that!!

Yeah- we talked a little several months ago. But even though I keep checking, there hasn’t been a CO posting since early march. Seems odd- maybe we mountain types like to keep to ourselves… (but why buy a Lucid if you don’t want attention?)
Here we sit in Grand Junction, the only Lucid in town since we received it in January 2022. Lots of comments from people who have still never heard of Lucid? (Who makes Lucid?). Someone local in a Rivian flashes his lights at us when we pass. A few of the local Teslas owners have made flattering comments. Our neighbor has 2 Teslas. It won Best EV at a Grand Junction car show last fall. We exhibited at the Gunnison car show last August and were the only Lucid there also. I know some Lucids have been through town but we have yet to see one. We certainly miss Mel & Tom, the Denver mechanics. They were a vast source of information. Luckily Mel is my cousin and still a source. She is doing well and flourishing, for those who interacted with her in the past.

Here we sit in Grand Junction, the only Lucid in town since we received it in January 2022. Lots of comments from people who have still never heard of Lucid? (Who makes Lucid?). Someone local in a Rivian flashes his lights at us when we pass. A few of the local Teslas owners have made flattering comments. Our neighbor has 2 Teslas. It won Best EV at a Grand Junction car show last fall. We exhibited at the Gunnison car show last August and were the only Lucid there also. I know some Lucids have been through town but we have yet to see one. We certainly miss Mel & Tom, the Denver mechanics. They were a vast source of information. Luckily Mel is my cousin and still a source. She is doing well and flourishing, for those who interacted with her in the past.
That’s good to know about Mel.

I was one of those Lucids passing through your town a month or so ago. On my way to and from Black Canyon. Had dinner both days.

It seems Christina in Seattle is still doing dispatch for our area. She’s very nice and does the best she can, given the circumstances. Which is the theme for Lucid service here, as far as I can tell. Lots of good people making the most out of a system that isn’t set up properly. They really need to establish a permanent presence here. Far too many of us to be shipping employees in and out of Denver from all over the country.

Fortunately, Zak Edison is aware of the situation and is, according to him, working on a better solution. We’ll see how long that takes.

That’s great to hear- Please tell her that the AGT in Colorado Springs sends her best wishes and hopes for success (she still thinking of going into politics!!!???)
@joec - I concur with your evaluation of the current situation. Christina seems lovely, but is dealing with a difficult situation. It’s been over a year since I first heard the “oh yeah, we’re looking for a site to set up a real service center, and it‘ll happen sometime real soon..” Crazy that the half-a**ed Denver site is in charge of every car in a 1,000 radius.

Mel was great...sorry to see her go.

I'm still having issues with the nav on my GT (ie. not working at all) and have been in contact with Christina who is also coordinating my service with the local service technician. Not sure what his name is or even if he is really local. All in all, though, I've been happy with the communication and service (other than we struggle to figure out what is wrong with the nav). I'm sure they will get it figured out. Service scheduled next week.

Looking at another thread about the updated locations on the Lucid website, it looks like the company FINALLY has a new service center location in Englewoeod(South of E. Jefferson Ave, on S. Odgen St. just east of the Cherry Hills Country Club). Has anyone seen it? Can it handle more than 2 cars at a time? The service folks tell me that they're delivering lots of cars in CO, so I hope that the new center will be able to handle them all.

Looking at another thread about the updated locations on the Lucid website, it looks like the company FINALLY has a new service center location in Englewoeod(South of E. Jefferson Ave, on S. Odgen St. just east of the Cherry Hills Country Club). Has anyone seen it? Can it handle more than 2 cars at a time? The service folks tell me that they're delivering lots of cars in CO, so I hope that the new center will be able to handle them all.
I have heard nothing. Are you sure that is not the body shop they have always been using? @joec Any news?

When I first looked at the map, I thought so too- but if you do zoom in, the Nylunds shop is listed as the Bodyshop (where they used to be) and the new location is about 3 miles away...

Hmmm. This is news to me. I do see the new place listed on the map.

I have to call in soon to schedule my 1-year service. So I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Hmmm. This is news to me. I do see the new place listed on the map.

I have to call in soon to schedule my 1-year service. So I guess I'll find out soon enough.
I’ll be at 1 year in a couple of weeks, are we supposed to schedule a service look at one year? If so, should I simply call the service center in South Denver?

I’ll be at 1 year in a couple of weeks, are we supposed to schedule a service look at one year? If so, should I simply call the service center in South Denver?
Yes and yes. There’s a maintenance service that’s supposed to be done every year or 12k miles. Whichever comes first. The first year I think it’s just a check up and replacing wiper blades. That type of thing. I think year 2 is more extensive. Plus, they make sure you are up to date with all your TSBs and recalls.

I don’t think it has to be at exactly a year. But wouldn’t hurt to schedule it soon. I’m thinking I’ll reach out next week to see if they have any appointments in early January. My year is up on the 24th of December.

Yes and yes. There’s a maintenance service that’s supposed to be done every year or 12k miles.
I don’t think it has to be at exactly a year. But wouldn’t hurt to schedule it soon.

I spoke with Seattle about the first yearly service. I was told if you have lower mileage (mine is 8k), not to stress over exactly 1 year, and up to 1.5 years is fine. And Lucid would not blink an eye if you waited a bit.

I just had tsbs and a minor fix done, at their shop. I got the impression that it depends if they have seen the car recently or not. If it's been 12 months since they have seen it or you have real issues, I would definitely do the yearly. No idea if what I was told is official.

I spoke with Seattle about the first yearly service. I was told if you have lower mileage (mine is 8k), not to stress over exactly 1 year, and up to 1.5 years is fine. And Lucid would not blink an eye if you waited a bit.

I just had tsbs and a minor fix done, at their shop. I got the impression that it depends if they have seen the car recently or not. If it's been 12 months since they have seen it or you have real issues, I would definitely do the yearly. No idea if what I was told is official.

I'm going to hit 12k miles in another week or so, just a week or two before my 1-year anniversary. So I think I'll reach out and see if they'll schedule me for early January. If they tell me it can wait, I'll believe them. So long as you get that in writing, I don't see how they'd have any way to claim you broke your warranty agreement.

I'm going to hit 12k miles in another week or so, just a week or two before my 1-year anniversary. So I think I'll reach out and see if they'll schedule me for early January. If they tell me it can wait, I'll believe them. So long as you get that in writing, I don't see how they'd have any way to claim you broke your warranty agreement.
FYI, under Magnason Moss Act, they have to show that your failure to follow the warranty recommendation caused the issue, like not changing oil for three years. Don't worry Joe, it takes real neglect to void a new car warranty under current law.

Hi, fellow Coloradoan here. Been in the forums since just before delivery of my AT in Nov'23, but just now stumbled across the regional forums.

I'm in Longmont. My car was in for service about 3 weeks ago (early Feb '24) due to a failed Wunderbox. Shop is still at Nylund's.

Phone/text customer support has been fantastic, but it has been a bit of a challenge getting a couple things resolved at the shop, I think probably just backlog. They are very helpful once the car is there.

Hey Anthony. I bring mine in for it's annual in two weeks. Hopefully yours will be back home by then

Hi, fellow Coloradoan here. Been in the forums since just before delivery of my AT in Nov'23, but just now stumbled across the regional forums.

I'm in Longmont. My car was in for service about 3 weeks ago (early Feb '24) due to a failed Wunderbox. Shop is still at Nylund's.

Phone/text customer support has been fantastic, but it has been a bit of a challenge getting a couple things resolved at the shop, I think probably just backlog. They are very helpful once the car is there.
I'm in Berthoud....Still haven't found one in the wild, although my wife saw one at the charging station in Boulder. What does yours look like?

Back