color Selection

WildRide47

Founding Member
Cars
2018 Porsche Panamera Tur
I am finding it difficult to determine the actual color of the Quantum Gray on the Lucid Air. On the Lucid website, the gray looks like a medium gray. But on the few pictures I have seen at the studio locations, the gray looks like a dark gray. If anybody has seen this color in person, their take would be most helpful in my deciding between the Cosmos Silver or the Quantum Gray.

I saw and sat in the Cosmos Silver at Lucid’s NY location. That color was gorgeous. Under the showroom lighting it took on a beautiful warm & rich tone as opposed to a cooler shade of silver that you often see. Lighting is tricky and I obviously haven’t seen the silver in natural lighting.

Like you I haven’t seen the Quantum Gray, so I too would be interested. Unlike most cars I’ve ever ordered, where you get to see virtually any color you’re considering, I doubt that will be the case with Lucid. I never fully trust color samples since it always looks different on the car itself. You can’t simulate how light plays on the large surfaces of a car with something as small as a color sample, even if you can take it outside.

Ordering a color will probably be a crapshoot, to some degree, for most buyers.

I've seen the Quantum Gray on the display car at the Miami Design Studio (with Tahoe interior). However, that means indoors under artificial lighting and through tinted windows.

It's a darkish gray, biased a bit more toward brown undertones than blue, at least in the conditions I saw it. If the Quantum Gray were available on the Dream Edition, it would be my choice.

It also seemed to work well with all of the interior choices, something I can't say about the other colors.

Both replies are helpful. If the Quantum Gray turns out to be a medium gray in natural light, I will go with the gray. If the gray turns out to be too dark for my taste, then I am going with the Cosmos Silver.

Here's a shot from the Miami Design Studio that captures the color reflecting off different surfaces (brown ceiling, white and beige tiles, large windows in front and on driver's side). I would call it a medium dark gray.

As you can see from the differences in the hood and the two open doors, the color picks up the hues it's reflecting more than some colors do.

_NZ71464 2.JPG

Very nice. I like the warmer hues, so even the somewhat cooler look with the doors open still presents a warm, rich appearance. It also doesn't look too dark.

The Miami car has the Tahoe interior:

_NZ71494.JPG

Not a fan of that. A bit much for me assuming the colors are accurately depicted.

I’m not a fan of the Tahoe either. I like the Santa Cruz colors. Also like the Mojave, but it is just a little too dark for me.

Yep. The Tahoe was surprisingly orange-hued when I saw it in person.

The orange is better as an accent and not as a main theme

I needed to put my sunglasses on to view the orange interior.

Back