Colder weather folks, what are you doing for wheels/tires?

Is anyone out there running (or planning) to run winter tires on their 20" wheels? Seems like most either have or plan to switch to 19's for the winter. I was originally looking at the Michelin X-Ice, but @Worldwide Beagle has enticed me to look for performance (I'm in the Colorado front range, so often dry pavement in the winter). The only other option I can find that fits the 20" are the Pilot Sport A/S 4. Those seem like great tires, but I figure if I'm going to change tires for the winter that going A/S is a half measure I'd end up regretting. I was hoping to avoid the hassle of swapping between 20" and 19" twice a year. Any recos for us 20" 'tweeners?

I used Pirelli Sotto Zeros last winter and had them mounted yesterday. The difference in ride quality is quite noticeable and much softer after running on the Pirelli AS 19s from April through yesterday. I suppose that it is the more pliable tread compound, as both sets had 49 psi pressure. I got about 3.2 m/kWh on a 2000 mile cross country through mostly low 30 degree weather last March. Mileage with the AS tires was in 3.6 m/kWh.

I have a set of 19s with the Sotto Zero tires.
Mobile service came out today to swap them over for the season.
This time the tech came in an Air, plenty of room for the jack in the trunk and he had a portable air compressor to get the tires to the target pressure.
He rotated them from the places they were used last season.
He had a laptop and reprogrammed the TPMS and did a general systems check on the car.
Took under 90 minutes and at a cost of $120, I was very happy with the whole experience.
Lucid charges about half what it costs to do the swap on my Gen 2 NSX at the dealership.
Oddly the Lexus dealership which is owned by the same folks as the Acura dealership refuses to charge me for the swaps for my LC500 Convertible.

Rethought? Hmm, you're being kind. Perhaps they read some of the posts here. As I said, their original quote was highway robbery. Glad to see someone at Lucid came to their senses. $3,000 seems reasonable for a set of 4.
The price is $3,750 on the Lucid website for a set a four 19 inch wheels and winter tires mounted, balanced, and installed. It has been on the site for many months.

Few of us have asked Lucid the same but seemingly they can't come back with price/availability of a 19" set. I was told back in Sep they would have plenty of 19" w AS tires from DE left over production but despite contacting them few times since, no firm answer.
I am not going to drive w summer tires in the winter so need a solution from delivery. The PSAS4 are great tires so for 95% of winter use case they will work well, with the exception of full on/packed fresh snow which is an edge case here in southern NY/CT, in any case way better than summer which would be outright dangerous
Good video to watch if you have spare time
The Lucid website lists a set of four 19 inch wheels with winter tires mounted, balanced, and installed for $3,750. I know they are in stock right now in Chicago.

The price is $3,750 on the Lucid website for a set a four 19 inch wheels and winter tires mounted, balanced, and installed. It has been on the site for many months.
Looks good to me. The Sotto Zeros worked very well for me last year in NH. Less than half the price of a set of winter tires and wheels for my 991 Turbo S.

Back