Cincinnati Auto Expo

KySerenity

Cars
Model S, Pure Reservation
This weekend I attended the 35th Annual Cincinnati Auto Expo. This is a well attended event with significant participation by every company that sells ICE vehicles in the US. EVs were prominent at the event with a significant portion of the show floor designated for EVs only. The placed was packed and the EV section drew large numbers of interested attendees.

It was really sad to see that Lucid chose not to participate. Every EV had its window sticker with the EPA range posted for everyone to compare. The highest range present was a Mercedes EQS (340). It would have been a great time to demonstrate the range superiority of the Lucid. It was interesting to see all of the current EVs side-by-side in one area, making comparisons very easy. Seems to be an opportunity missed. To be fair, Rivian did not attend.

I've been attending some of the EV events (DriveElectric, etc.) since I got my first EV (Nissan Leaf Plus in 2019). I had been thinking about an EV for a while, but it wasn't till I finally attended one of the events, saw and compared multiple vehicles in one place, talked to owners about their pros and cons, took a test-drive in at least one of them, talked to local electrical companies, charger vendors, solar companies, etc., to get the nuts and bolts to see if/how it might work in my situation that I got off the fence. I've graduated from the Leaf to a Tesla MY, and now the Lucid (Met one person last year who had canceled their AGT reservation because they were tired of waiting - he was a bit regretful). I'm very careful to state pros AND cons and listen to what they are looking for in a car, and it's great to meet other adopters... the real-word stories give more weight than an expo with salespeople, I think. It worked that way for me. The most recent listing of events this year is here - you can spread the love! https://driveelectricearthday.org/attend

They usually run these events throughout the country a couple times a year.

This weekend I attended the 35th Annual Cincinnati Auto Expo. This is a well attended event with significant participation by every company that sells ICE vehicles in the US. EVs were prominent at the event with a significant portion of the show floor designated for EVs only. The placed was packed and the EV section drew large numbers of interested attendees.

It was really sad to see that Lucid chose not to participate. Every EV had its window sticker with the EPA range posted for everyone to compare. The highest range present was a Mercedes EQS (340). It would have been a great time to demonstrate the range superiority of the Lucid. It was interesting to see all of the current EVs side-by-side in one area, making comparisons very easy. Seems to be an opportunity missed. To be fair, Rivian did not attend.

There’s a reason you didn’t see Lucid, Rivian, or Tesla. We at EVentures Rentals tried to pay for a booth ($1,500) to showcase our Lucid Air and were denied entry. They would only allow us to participate if we brought cars to display that were also available to buy from other vendors at the show.

The Cincinnati Auto Expo is run by GCADA and auto dealers want nothing to do with EV makers who have chosen to bypass their model of selling and servicing vehicles.

Basically they are hostile to all these brands and don’t want them represented. So don’t blame Lucid, blame legacy auto for being anticompetitive.

Back