Chinese spyware free with purchase

Are you worried about where the car was built?
Or where its software was written?
Or the country of its parent company / chief investor?

"Volvo Cars is a multinational company with plants located in China, Sweden, and the U.S.A. For most global markets, all Volvo cars are produced and assembled in Sweden. The plant in South Carolina currently produces the Volvo S60. The plant in Chengdu, China, is responsible for Asian market vehicles."

"Production of Polestar 3 has started in Chengdu, China. Additional production is slated to start in South Carolina, USA, in the middle of 2024. The first early production test series in the American factory has been completed successfully. Thomas Ingenlath, Polestar CEO says: “... We have also achieved launch readiness at the factory in Ridgeville, South Carolina, and are well on track with our plans to start manufacturing Polestar 3 in the USA.”

Somehow I don't worry about China finding out where I drive. This could be a real concern for the armed forces and the CIA but for an ordinary citizen...nah!
"Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." - Edward Snowden

I don't like that dude ^, but I don't mean to make this political - you have to be careful with this line of thinking though. Take it from me, governments can and will develop cases against you with plenty of "somethings" that you never thought you needed to hide. Just ask Mark Swidan, Kai Li, or David Lin. Or perhaps Ksenia Karelina.

The US targets foreign assets. Foreign assets target the US. You probably have nothing to worry about, but that doesn't mean you have nothing to hide.

Back