Charging Station

I contacted the customer support and they are sending me another unit now. My electrician was saying that the way they have designed this it is making installation difficult as the CT is projecting out and making the closure of the cover difficult. Also he stated that the wires seems to be gauge 6 (by the thickness of it) and it should be gauge 4 for 80amps rating.
I didn’t have any issues with the CTs, and the wire gauge requirements of the NEC for residential electrical wiring doesn’t apply inside the product itself.

I didn’t have any issues with the CTs, and the wire gauge requirements of the NEC for residential electrical wiring doesn’t apply inside the product itself.
Got it. I think Lucid should have tested at all settings, for it to get certified and sell. So it should be okay. Have anyone used the LCHCS at 80 Amps settings regularly?

My unit was installed two weeks ago by Qmerit's local subcontractor (Dallas). The Qmerit rep required several photos, but didn't seem able to figure out the installation from the photos. He had not yet had a Lucid job, and didn't seem to understand the V2H concept. So I told him about it. I specified a 100 amp breaker. Regarding the wiring, he said they typically used 6 gauge for chargers; I told him we needed heavier gauge (3 or 4) wire to handle the higher amperage. He agreed to have heavier gauge wire on the truck, but that piece of information didn't get to the subcontractor who actually did the installation. Bottom line, my Qmerit rep wasn't prepared and expected a more generic installation.

When the subcontractor arrived to do the installation, he told me that he hadn't learned much from the photos so he had to figure it out onsite--with my help. We already had conduit run from the main breaker box to the garage (with a pull) in anticipation of the charger installation, so he just had to find it and pull the wires through. He decided to use 3 gauge, but didn't have any on the truck. From there, he basically used the supplied instructions to set up and mount the charger.

Everybody will be learning for a while. But the electrician should have had 2 or 3 gauge on the truck for a 100 amp circuit, rather than the 6-gauge they'd normally use for a 50-amp outlet.

I contacted the customer support and they are sending me another unit now. My electrician was saying that the way they have designed this it is making installation difficult as the CT is projecting out and making the closure of the cover difficult. Also he stated that the wires seems to be gauge 6 (by the thickness of it) and it should be gauge 4 for 80amps rating.
I got my new unit on Wednesday and finished the installation today. The unit is working fine and was able to connect wirelessly and through ethernet. Back to normal now :) Customer support has been excellent on this and they have been constantly communicating with me on the progress. Kudos to Lucid and Customer care.

In my LCHCS, control panel i see these new start and stop buttons in the home screen. Also i see a new tab for Device info for the setup screen. Do you know what these are for? Also is there any separate thread for discussing LCHCS version and functionality details?View attachment 7718

View attachment 7720
I'd say let's start consolidating posts here

Thread 'Lucid Combined Home Charging System Installation tips!' https://lucidowners.com/threads/lucid-combined-home-charging-system-installation-tips.4026/

Everybody will be learning for a while. But the electrician should have had 2 or 3 gauge on the truck for a 100 amp circuit, rather than the 6-gauge they'd normally use for a 50-amp outlet.
I specifically told my electrician (never heard of Lucid) that I wanted a 100 amp line installed with a 100 amp breaker, and that the charger pulled 80 amps. You guys keep saying ("call and electrician") so I didn't bother to check while he worked. This is a well known business (residential/commercial) in the county. Even the township inspector approved the job once he saw their sticker - didn't even bother to look. After reading one of Deane's post I checked the cable. AWG 4. They have my $5000. I suppose I will have to set the DIP switches to cripple the unit. I hate to hire people to work on my house & cars. This is why. I'd have done it all myself if the wife would let me.

NEVER TRUST A PROFESSIONAL

Back